Digimon vs Pokemon !!!!

Chrono Mizaki said:
megagold5 said:
3. Digimon 3 (I really fail too see why most people prefer Tamers)

Because it's the darkest one yet, gives more depth into the Digimon, especially how it's created. And I thought the Characters are superior to the last two =P

I cringe a bit when I saw 4 being in your list (No.1) because Frontier is the worse one yet... The characters are flat, and they turned Biomerging which was awesome in the 3rd one to cringe-worthy.

Yeah, but Digimon wasn't really ment to be dark, or at least I don't think it was :/ It has been a while since iv seen season 3, but from what I can remember it went vaguely like this: Same sort of starting as the other Digimon series, then a bit strange and odd, a whole load of little kids being complete pansies and crying about everything, the everyone in the entire universe has a digimon, everyone is friends, the end....maybe i'm wrong...

Sorry if I sound a bit messed up there, its been a long day....

4 is easily on par with one and two (just in a different way...yeah...), and the theme tune (english) is excellent:p

I say Digimon because I feel it has a more mature plot which the children nowadays need. For example, in Digimon the kids have to deal with divorce and death of friends and they have to learn to gow up. In Pokemon it seems to be the same thing over and over again, help people, promise to return, never do, Team Rocket blasts off again, end of episode. I also hated the way they wen't 'Who are you!?' oh wait, it's Team Rocket, I never would of guessed.

Although I do agree that the Pokemon games are better and that it's a classic but if Digimon came out before Pokemon I think it might of done a bit better.

I prefer the Digimon anime over the pokemon anime though i did at one point really enjoy both (this was way back... :eek: Wait it will be 10 years next year since i started watching pokemon...scary thought) As far as games are concerned its pokemon > Digimon, this is because there has been a lot of good pokemon games (the Gameboy/ DS games, Snap) while there has only been one good Digimon game (Digimon World 3 or Digimon World 2003 as it was known in this country).

Also I'd like to add the Pokemon movies so rocked compered to the Digimon one I have seen.
Pokemon movies always seemed more cooler, and they made me cry. Witch to me means a good movie LOL XD

The first Digimon series was fairly enjoyable, and I enjoyed the ending of that. However, the second Digimon series was........... absolutely fantastic. I loved it to bits.

With the first series being set entirely in the Digimon World, it was good but hey, it's a strange place so strange things didn't seem that out of place. But when Digimon start rocking up into the real world and causing genuine havoc, that was the best. And to see the newer character's relationships with the old characters was also really interesting. I'd have to say that the 2nd Digimon series beat a fair amount of the Pokemon series.

The Digimon movie was also a work of genius, I loved the sketchy style and the suspense when the clock's ticking, it looks as if Diaboromon is about to win and the nuclear missiles are about to strike Tokyo... you just can't beat that. I wouldn't say the Pokemon movies were worse though. It's a tough call...

During the 3rd Digimon series, I lost interest. With the old characters gone, I just kinda lost the plot and gave up.

If I really had to choose between Pokemon and Digimon... I'd have to say Digimon series 1/2/movie.

Sorry guys!

i only watched a few episodes of digimon also on citv back in the day,
i used to always watch pokemon anyway, especially when it was on sky1 before school

Ah, this is tough! Both series hold great nostalgic value for me! I suppose I'd have to say that Digimon was better in terms of overall quality (plus, it wasn't nearly as repetitive as Pokémon), however I enjoyed Pokémon much more! :]

Back