Do you collect anime OSTs?

Do you collect soundtrack CDs?

• Yeah, I love buying the OSTs for my favourite series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to buy the occasional OST but they're not high priority

• I want to buy them, I just don't have the money

• I have no interest in soundtrack CDs whatsoever.

• Total voters

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
Well, the question is in the thread title- and this is more about purchasing the actual CDs than getting it by other means- do you like the music of your favourite anime series enough to want to collect the CD, and what kind of things do you have in your collection?

To start off, I'll list the soundtracks I've purchased so far
.hack//SIGN OST 1
Noir OST 1+2
Wolf's Rain OST 1
.hack//LIMINALITY OST
.hack//extra soundtracks
Evangelionn OST 1
Last Exile OST 1
Tenchi Muyo! (dubbed songs)
RahXephon OST 1
Nadesico TV series and Prince of Darkness soundtracks
Yu-Gi-Oh series and movie dub soundtracks
Beyblade dub soundtracks

I love Yuki Kajiura and Yoko Kanno's work- for the last few months .hack//SIGN and Wolf's Rain have been my favourites, although .hack//LIMINALITY is looking to be the new flavour of the month. Anime and game soundtracks are pretty much all I listen to, so I still have plans to collect plenty more (especially considering the recommendations I keep getting on IRC), but I won't even try to go into that list.

I want to buy them but really dont have the money , that said I don't think their is a huge number of series I like the music enough from to buy a CD of. Usually theres just one or two songs that I like , and the rest are not so good , so not sure I could justify buying a CD even if I had the money.

The first I purchased was the FLCL soundtrack, mainly due to the fact it had actual songs and not twenty minute passages of 'incidental' muzak. Since then I have taken the plunge and invested in the more conventional OSTs, especially from series with a strong musical presence such as Hellsing and BGC 2040 and most recently the Haibane OST which is perfect to listen to whilst wiling away those lazy summer days.

i've only ever bought one OST (the EoE OST) because i have such a long 'to buy' list consisting of manga and anime DVDs as it is. IF i had the cash, i'd have several OSTs by now. the heart says yet but the wallet says no...

I put 'I like to buy the occasional OST but they're not high priority', actually i believe the Fruits Basket one i bought at the expo was the first i've ever bought, although i'm planning to get quite a few in the future, they just don't hold worth over my anime and manga

No interest at all. I rarely notice the music when I'm watching something, beyond the opening and closing themes (and often not even them). I don't even buy CDs of regular music. Or download it. Or listen to the radio, or anything.

If music be the food of love, I'm not hungry.

Colin said:
No interest at all. I rarely notice the music when I'm watching something, beyond the opening and closing themes (and often not even them).
lol, im the opposite. I can't really enjoy an anime if the score isn't too good, especially if it rarely fits with the overall mood/tone of a scene..

Mangaminx said:
Usually theres just one or two songs that I like , and the rest are not so good , so not sure I could justify buying a CD even if I had the money.

Im in pretty much the same position, the other thing is that i usally just listen to sound tracks as backround music when im writing or browsing the net or doing something else and when im doing that i dont listen to cds because i have my whole cd collection, all 600+ disks, as mp3's on my computer so even if i did get them i wouldnt actually listen to the disks themselves..

The exceptions ive found are the first Stand Alone Complex ost a couple of Bebop osts and the Wolf's Rain osts, anyone see a connection there?

I'm trying to hunt down a copy of the SAC osts and if Beez release the others ill pick them up too but that would be about it

I've got 3 OST CD's. One for Macross Plus (which at the time, you could even find in Virgin, surprised me). The other for Jin-Roh, which came with the Boxset. Final one is for Princess Mononoke.

Really though, I tend not to listen to much music at all, so those three were pretty big exceptions for me. :lol:

I don't just buy the OSTs, I buy the character vocals as well! If I especially love an anime, I buy everything I can get my hands on :lol:
Sailor Moon for example; I have every OST, every vocals CD, almost every CD single, every Sera Myu CD, plus a few German and American CDs! (I think I have around 70 CDs).
Fushigi Yuugi is another of my favourites and another one where I love the character vocals CDs (Tamahome has a gorgeous, sexy singing voice as well :wink: ).
If I love a show and love the music, the first thing I do is check to see if I can buy a CD from it!
The other ones I like to buy are the op & ed song compilation CDs (I have around 30 of those!).
I have all the Ghibli CD singles (I love the Conrete Road/Country Road song from Whisper of the Heart).
Plus no fan of Gravitation should be without a Bad Luck CD. I just love the songs from Gravi :D
I like a lot of the Pioneer English language songs as well, and have a number of CDs from the early/mid 90's Pioneer anime.
My most recent purchases were 2 OSTs from Full Moon Wo Sagashite and character vocals from DN Angel.
In total I think I have around 300 or so anime CDs!

Well, I have some anime OSTs, but they're not a high priority. I listen to a lot of music, and generally buy a few CDs each week, often ordered at the same time as I order my anime.

If I really like the music for a series, such as Wolf's Rain, Noir or Cowboy Bebop, I'll buy it. I tend to prefer classical or jazz influenced soundtracks than pop-influnenced ones, but that's just part of my musical snobishness when it comes to things like J-pop (or rather, pop as a whole) and my preference for instrumental tracks to set a scene.

If you want, I'll happily rant about music for hours. :p

I'd wouldn't mine buying more OST's but they're not that High priority, so I voted option 2. There are too many anime and videogames that suck my wallet before I can get around to soundtracks.

I have bought the Trigun Donuts OST, and I've got the FMA OST1, also I'm eventually planning to get Bebop, BGCT2040 and Naruto OST's, among others.

But TBH I don't really listen to much music anymore. I went through a phase in my mid-teens where I was buying a CD every week or so (memories of the NU-METAL craze, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin Park etc. spring to mind), and now I've mellowed (in taste as well).

Only on the odd occasion do I listen to a CD, another reason why I don't buy many soundtracks.

I used to download them... Demo... It's difficult now :?
Got naruto, FMA, Gundam seed, kenshin... And many random songs I like.
I'm in my mid teens, And I hav'nt bought a CD since I was 10. :lol:
Although i like some linkin park, three days grace and hoobastank.

Although it isnt an anime (but a Japanese live action film based on an anime) I aquired the 2 Disc Casshern OST today. Theres some really excellent stuff on both disks..

Sorry to double post, but this really is a great album. Even if you haven't seen the film I highly recommend it.

CD1 is a compilation of singles (some of which are in the movie) whilst CD2 is comprised of the actual score by Shiro Sagisu.

There's some really beautiful pieces of music in it.

if it's Sagisu, i might consider buying it since i was so impressed with his work on NGE. i still haven't worked out what the hell Casshern itself is about though. :?

that explains some of the stuff...i'm supposed to be doing the review for it but it's quite hard to make sense of. the music is very good though.

Back