Favorite "Non Anime" cartoons

Apparently they were trying to put together a new Reboot series, but i think it fell through with not enough backing from the guys who have the money. Mainframe were good though, probably the first CGI cartoon i saw (it may of been the first overall my memory is a bit sketchy), i still have the toys you got free with frosties kicking around somewhere from that show :p

I remember those Frosty Toys lol. I still have the full Reboot POG Collection randomly. Strange that they survived but the others were lost or probably binned.

I found them along with my "Space Precinct" POGS :lol: *flash-back*

My god i haven't thought about that show in years as well. Still on the subject of Mainframe i did quite like the Transformers cartoon they did for a couple of years, Transformers Beast Wars (Beast Machines not so much)

That too was a good watch if I do recall correctly. Would you class that as anie or not though? Surley the original can be classed as such?

The first three seasons of Transformers you can't class as anime unless you count any cartoon that was animated in japan as an anime (which if you do the you'll be surprised by how large that list just got) since the scripts for the episodes came directly from the USA and Marvel if what i've learned is true. However the three series that came after the original Transformers cartoon (Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, Victory) are anime since everything about them was done in japan.

Beast Wars is actually Canadian :p though to confuse matters, another two japan only anime series came out while they were busy dubbing Beast Wars into japanese, these two series were Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, done with the traditional anime style unlike the series they are connected to. After that though japan created Transformers: Car Robots which would of been japan only if Hasbro hadn't wanted to go with another new direction for the franchise, and so Car Robots ended up over here cut to pieces and under the name Transformers: Robots in Disguise.

After that both countries worked together to create the next three Transformer shows, Amarda, Engeron and Cybertron. Despite the stylings i wouldn't class them as anime

BlackWolf said:
Apparently they were trying to put together a new Reboot series, but i think it fell through with not enough backing from the guys who have the money. Mainframe were good though, probably the first CGI cartoon i saw (it may of been the first overall my memory is a bit sketchy), i still have the toys you got free with frosties kicking around somewhere from that show :p

If I'd just got Hexadecimal's base I would of had the complete set..

Wildcard said:
BlackWolf said:

If I'd just got Hexadecimal's base I would of had the complete set..

Back in the day i was quite impressed with how that toy came with thrree different masks for her (if i remember corecctly)

Now I watch Simpson, Family Guy, X-Men, Batman and Teen Titans, The Tick, Justice League.

When I was younger I watched Loony Toons, Dungeons & Dragons, Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Moomins, Willo the Wisp, Transformers, Thundercats, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

I also remember watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold but missing the last episode!

Re: The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Wikipedia lists DIC Audiovisuel (French) and Studio Pierrot as the studios behind it. I think therefore it should be classed as a French/Japanese co-production (like the recent Ōban Star-Racers).

Wikipedia lists the creators of TMCOG as Jean Chalopin and Bernard Deyriès and the directors as Bernard Deyriès, Edouard David, Kenichi Murakami and Kenichi Maruyama.

Back