Final Fantasy: Dissidia

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Kitty said:
As for the FFD VS SSBB, why compare them? It's just a petty excuse for Mr Annoyance (or Mr I am always right) and Nintendtards to have a go at each other (Yes, I'm pointing at a few members). They are two totally different games, and is going to cater their fanboys/fangirls.

Hah, I love my new nickname, I'm sure it'll catch on! So, I guess this means I get to give you a nickname, too? Well, how about something like "Mr. Mind Numbingly Patronising"? Or maybe something like "Mr. Self Righteous"? Do us both a favor and stop acting like some kind of authority, because you're not ;]

And you haven't been acting like some kind of authority, hmm? *points other topics*

If I have a wish right now, I would use it to have some kind of government ban on you from all forums -_-

CitizenGeek said:
No, Chrono, I know from you from your posts here and on another site. You never actually liked Final Fantasy, you just liked the anime-esque story lines that you only ever appreciated on a most shallow level anyway. When the problem-stricken central character, the whimiscal love story and the steampunk was taken out of Final Fantasy (like in FFXII) and some challenge was added (with the new battle system) you started this big crusade against Square Enix. I know that's true, because it's true for loads of other whiny, superficial FF fans, too

Wha... Let's correct you on some stuff. Because whatever you say about me not being a true FF fan is just plain wrong.

Yes, I care about the storyline. But there were many more stuff I was annoyed with FFXII than a simple storyline. I care about Character Development, which FFXII haven't (except Balthier, which I enjoyed his character). The battle system (Which I pointed out so many times) seem to have full of indifference character. I would be thrilled if they have like a weapon expertises stats to make them more different. But instead, thy seem like a bunch of samey characters with different Quickenings.

I've always been a FF fan since I was very young. I've never cared about the storyline, as I've enjoyed FFIX. And FFIX has no epic storyline, but interesting (non emo, or anime esque characters).

So Mr Geek, don't accuse me of not being a true FF fan. because I have been a FF fan far longer than you have. And if I am against SE because of FFXII tarnishing it's root, then I have my reasons.

But meh, this is going to be get ignored anyway.

Lupus Inu said:
Stop jumping to conclusions, you used party games as an example, so I showed you that, don't think that FF doesn't just concentrate on the core of the series, you too have seen plenty of ****** spin-offs.

I'm not jumping to conclusions. I know Mario Party is terrible, because clueless aunts and uncles bought me the GBA version, and the Wii version. Whereas you haven't played Itadaki, or DoC, yet you claim them to be bad games. FF's spin-offs are cream of the crop compared to Mario spin-offs. Actually, do Nintendo ever do anything clever with Mario spin-offs? I don't think so (except for that Mario RPG on the SNES ...). But Square Enix do interesting things with their FF spin offs - fighting games, disney cross-overs, creating new RPG battle systems (like in Crisis Core), experimenting with new technology (like with Before Crisis, that was Japan's top mobile phone game and had a new chapter downloadable every month), experimenting with other genres (DoC) and making child-friendly games (Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon).

Enix is part of Square now so they found Square Enix, so it's still Square soft made, mayn, you've never played an Itadaki Street game, neither have I, again, you're calling me a Nintendo fanboy but just blindly bashing the Mario games further proving you're defending the Final Fantasy games you heart. Not that I'm saying that the Mario games are actually GOOD by the way.

No, Itadaki Street is not "Square-soft made" it's still developed internally by Enix. But whatever, it's unimportant. What is important is that your counter to my pointing out that Mario party games are rubbish was to bring up Itadaki Street, and obviously that was a blunder. I'm no bashing all the Mario ones, just the bad ones and, as you know, there's plenty of them.

I never said Itadaki Street games were bad

You most certainly implied it, I'll not entertain this kind of back-tracking, this hiding behind a slight ambiguity in your original post.

I'm not holding my breath for Dissidia, either, so far it isn't to my expectations and sounds like it plays like another generic animu game on PSP, though if it includes some GOOD Final Fantasy series like VI and IV I'm sure my interest will be perked again.

Most previews have been positive, but what do they know? They've only actually played the game, where you, of course, have "heard" some stuff about it. Obviously, I'm a fool to doubt you!

The last great RPG they made was uh... Final Fantasy IX, that was like 8 years ago, all the rest have been good/average, nothing ground breaking. Action RPGs? You mean games were you spam X to win? lol, great strategies, plus Kingdom Hearts isn't a mature game which is full of Yaoi-bait characters. True story. Parasite Eve actually needs a sequal, it's not getting much attention, even though the franchise was decent [certainly better than most other non-FF things created by SE] FF:XII was again, nothing special, it's an MMORPG, but it's not, with the worst lead character, ever, even making Naruto look good.

Hah, that's your opinion, and stop acting like it's a generally popular opinion or something, because it really isn't. Many reviewers, including this one thought FFXII was ground breaking, Edge thought the same, and bestowed upon the game the title of "Best Game of 2006". Final Fantasy X is Japan's favourite game, ever. Final Fantasy XI is still going strong after 5 years. Clearly, you are wrong.

Kingdom Hearts has yaoi fans? It must be a terrible game! Your arguments are weak.

Mayn, this just proves you do <3 FF more than ever, now you're just lying to yourself, you actually enjoyed it? Sure you weren't forcing yourself to enjoy it not to shame the name of Square Enix? ;O

Haha, oh how pathetic. You haven't played DoC, yet you are lecturing me on it. You are a true Nintendo fanboy, alright. Attacking other games just to convince yourself that you're right in choosing Nintendo over anything else.

A mature gaming forum? What ******** is this? There's no such thing, and you saying that, it's obvious you're implying we're all childish here, am I right? You're just using that as an excuse because people actually have common sense here, instead of being all "PS3 is superior to the Wii, and so on and so forth, hahaha" Because you're obviously a Sony fanboy who doesn't like it when people actually praise Nintendo and dub Nintendo fans as stupid. ;/

Hah, "common sense"? You actually think preferring Nintendo goes beyond mere preference and is actually "common sense"? And you think yourself not childish? On mature gaming forums, people don't bash the Wii or the PS3 based on fanboy bias, they do so based on the merits of the actual consoles.

Whatever gives you the idea that I'm a Sony fanboy? You're clutching at straws. Yes, I prefer Sony to Nintendo, but I prefer most things to Nintendo. The only reason I'll be buying a PS3 is because that's where FFXIII and MGS4 will be exclusively. If those games went to 360, then I'd get the cheaper 360. If those games went to Wii .... well, I think I'd give up on gaming entirely.

And I DARE you to name an actual good main character Nomura has made without chanting out "OMG, SEPHIROTH-SAMA, CLOUD-KUN!" Seriously, go.

Er, yeah, Cloud and Sephiroth are bad characters because they have some moronic fans. Can't fault that logic - not at all.

Chrono Kitty said:
If I have a wish right now, I would use it to have some kind of government ban on you from all forums -_-

You know, you could just ignore me. I'd love if you ignored me, actually. So, please, do so :]

I would reply to the rest of your post, but much of it didn't make sense (as per usual) - e.g. "The battle system (Which I pointed out so many times) seem to have full of indifference character."

Coming in late on this, But looking at Dissidia, i wouldn't mind at least giving it a go when its released, however i don't own a PSP so i'd have to wait until i get home and have a go on it if my brother gets it whenever it maybe released, though if it doesn't end up having cloud, i wouldn't mind, its not like he has to be in every game like this one.

As for above, shouldn't you really just stick to the topic at hand? A lot of the time recently i notice topic's keep getting de-railed, sure the debates are interesting(if you look away from the fact its the same as normal), but not on topic. If you really want to defend FF or Nintendo or whatever, shouldn't you at least make a topic just for that? Like the old FF topic which died a while back.

Arbalest said:
As for above, shouldn't you really just stick to the topic at hand? A lot of the time recently i notice topic's keep getting de-railed, sure the debates are interesting(if you look away from the fact its the same as normal), but not on topic. If you really want to defend FF or Nintendo or whatever, shouldn't you at least make a topic just for that? Like the old FF topic which died a while back.

Yet no one can be bothered to revive it. Seriously, I would... if this stop all the rambling from Mr Squaretard and Mr Nintendoftw lulz on the topic that I love to read.

But hence it's going to die, and in the end. I am going to stray away far from the Gaming Section.

I'm happy enough to read CG's debate in the anime section, as they are less bearable and pretty good to read. But in the gaming section, I rather print it, burn it and throw the ashes in the sea.

Actually, forget this arguement, it's ******* stupid. I don't even know why I started it anyway, and for whatever reason I did have I'd have a temporary change of heart. Don't think I've backed down, CitizenGeek, I'll carry on if you want, but really, it's pretty retarded now I think about it. >_>

Lupus Inu said:
Actually, forget this arguement, it's ******* stupid. I don't even know why I started it anyway, and for whatever reason I did have I'd have a temporary change of heart. Don't think I've backed down, CitizenGeek, I'll carry on if you want, but really, it's pretty retarded now I think about it. >_>

Of course you're backing down; I'll not be fooled by that. But if you want to stop, then that's perfectly fine with me ;]

Chrono Kitty said:
Yet no one can be bothered to revive it. Seriously, I would... if this stop all the rambling from Mr Squaretard and Mr Nintendoftw lulz on the topic that I love to read.

Dude, what are you on?

o_O

But hence it's going to die, and in the end. I am going to stray away far from the Gaming Section.

Don't think you needed that full stop. If a debate that has nothing to do with you bothers you so much, then it probably is a good idea to "stray away far" from the gaming section.

I'm happy enough to read CG's debate in the anime section, as they are less bearable and pretty good to read. But in the gaming section, I rather print it, burn it and throw the ashes in the sea.

I think you mean "more bearable" and you're only saying that because you agree with what I have to say in most anime debates (that moe/loli is bad) so I don't buy for a second that you just think I'm crazy when it comes to games - you think that because I happen to hold a differing opinion to you on Square Enix.

So on topic.
After guessing which characters will appear in the game will this game be any fun.
In these kinds of games the hype is guessing whos next like an advent calender then it's fairly mediocore.
All speculation of course.

CitizenGeek said:
I think you mean "more bearable" and you're only saying that because you agree with what I have to say in most anime debates (that moe/loli is bad) so I don't buy for a second that you just think I'm crazy when it comes to games - you think that because I happen to hold a differing opinion to you on Square Enix.

Actually, your arguements on anime doesn't seem to annoy me. But when it comes to gaming, you are very immature.

Didn't you learn from your past mistake, or do you have really bad memory, Mr Geek.

AHA! Fine, you asked for it.

CitizenGeek said:
I'm not jumping to conclusions. I know Mario Party is terrible, because clueless aunts and uncles bought me the GBA version, and the Wii version. Whereas you haven't played Itadaki, or DoC, yet you claim them to be bad games. FF's spin-offs are cream of the crop compared to Mario spin-offs. Actually, do Nintendo ever do anything clever with Mario spin-offs? I don't think so (except for that Mario RPG on the SNES ...). But Square Enix do interesting things with their FF spin offs - fighting games, disney cross-overs, creating new RPG battle systems (like in Crisis Core), experimenting with new technology (like with Before Crisis, that was Japan's top mobile phone game and had a new chapter downloadable every month), experimenting with other genres (DoC) and making child-friendly games (Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon).

Just because they do "Interesting things" doesn't mean the games will actually turn out good, it's best you remember that. Btw the Mario RPG was done by the company you heart, not Nintendo. >_>

CitizenGeek said:
No, Itadaki Street is not "Square-soft made" it's still developed internally by Enix. But whatever, it's unimportant. What is important is that your counter to my pointing out that Mario party games are rubbish was to bring up Itadaki Street, and obviously that was a blunder. I'm no bashing all the Mario ones, just the bad ones and, as you know, there's plenty of them.

Probably because they're like... exactly the same type of game, to show you that when Nintendo aren't doing anything "good" with the series it seems SE are following the same suite. ;/

CitizenGeek said:
You most certainly implied it, I'll not entertain this kind of back-tracking, this hiding behind a slight ambiguity in your original post.

Naw, not really, I never directly said "Take a look at these games, they're bad." They do however look like your ****** every day party games like... Mario Party!

CitizenGeek said:
Most previews have been positive, but what do they know? They've only actually played the game, where you, of course, have "heard" some stuff about it. Obviously, I'm a fool to doubt you!

It's a preview; not the full game, don't get your hopes up. I don't need to play it, I can with my OWN eyes what's going down in the game, it's just another Kingdom Hearts-esque game, but obviously plays better.

CitizenGeek said:
Hah, that's your opinion, and stop acting like it's a generally popular opinion or something, because it really isn't. Many reviewers, including this one thought FFXII was ground breaking, Edge thought the same, and bestowed upon the game the title of "Best Game of 2006". Final Fantasy X is Japan's favourite game, ever. Final Fantasy XI is still going strong after 5 years. Clearly, you are wrong.

Kingdom Hearts has yaoi fans? It must be a terrible game! Your arguments are weak.

My opinions are facts, btw, sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Ugh, Eurogamer again? D: No one cares what they have to say except yourself, same goes for Edge Magazine which is all tl;dr anyway. Just because Japan liked it doesn't mean ****, really, or are using Japan to back you up because it's the holy land of RPGs? I've played FF XI, I quit it after playing it FOUR times, it was pretty ****** to be fair.

Kingdom Hearts has your more than average Yaoi fans, and yeah, it IS a terrible game, I liked it when I was like... 12, there's no challenge in it, it's hardly an original concept "OH WOW, TWO WORLDS COLLIDE, WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT" Infact the only good thing about the game are infact, the Disney characters used. You repetatively press the X button to win doing "awesome" combos which are infact the **** over and over, the storyline is also cliché and barely new.

CitizenGeek said:
Haha, oh how pathetic. You haven't played DoC, yet you are lecturing me on it. You are a true Nintendo fanboy, alright. Attacking other games just to convince yourself that you're right in choosing Nintendo over anything else.

Naw, infact, I PREFER my PS2 over my Gamecube, anyway, and I was considering DoC just to prove myself right, but why waste £30 to feed Square Enix so they can make more putrid ****** spin-offs? </3

CitizenGeek said:
Hah, "common sense"? You actually think preferring Nintendo goes beyond mere preference and is actually "common sense"? And you think yourself not childish? On mature gaming forums, people don't bash the Wii or the PS3 based on fanboy bias, they do so based on the merits of the actual consoles.

I prefer Nintendo's Wii at the moment, over the PS3, considering there's nothing for me on the PS3, except Grand Theft Auto 4, which is also going onto 360 which I might invest in even though it's getting pretty dated. ;O

I also doubt that there's no console bashing going down, that's pretty much impossible.

CitizenGeek said:
Whatever gives you the idea that I'm a Sony fanboy? You're clutching at straws. Yes, I prefer Sony to Nintendo, but I prefer most things to Nintendo. The only reason I'll be buying a PS3 is because that's where FFXIII and MGS4 will be exclusively. If those games went to 360, then I'd get the cheaper 360. If those games went to Wii .... well, I think I'd give up on gaming entirely.

Lol, typical, WANTING FF XIII, so far it seems IMPRESSIVE, but I've seen nothing since the 2006 trailer plus the lead is a female Cloud, ugh. You're a Sony fanboy because all you're doing is defending Sony constantly, always complain about Nintendo and don't speak of the 360, at all.

CitizenGeek said:
Er, yeah, Cloud and Sephiroth are bad characters because they have some moronic fans. Can't fault that logic - not at all.
Correction 90% of Cloud and Sephiroth fans are idiots, and it doesn't help that they're both probably the worst villian and lead created by Square Enix, an over hyped villian who turned out to be very dissapointing and an emo kid who doesn't do anything right and always needs support no matter what all "Help me guys, I need you!" in a storyline which was just taken over from Final Fantasy VI but instead of a Steam punk setting it was given a cyber punk setting. ;/

XnickX said:
So on topic.
After guessing which characters will appear in the game will this game be any fun.
In these kinds of games the hype is guessing whos next like an advent calender then it's fairly mediocore.
All speculation of course.

Nah, I wouldn't say that about Dissidia yet. Square Enix seem to be getting better and better at this whole spin-off lark - Crisis Core is apparently fantastic - so I'd be surprised if Dissidia turned out to be "mediocre" or even "bad".

Speaking of characters that will appear - does anyone think there'll be FFXII characters?

Lupus Inu said:
AHA! Fine, you asked for it.

Hah, Lupus Inu, you are hilarious, Building up your post to be some earth-shattering with that first line and then producing the nonsense you did; Not that I actually expected anything worthwhile, anyway.

You've proven that the vitriol you spew when it comes to Square Enix is just some weird personal bias. I mean, you claim many of SE's games are "bad" even though every critic disagrees with you. My arguments have something to back them up; I would have assumed you'd do the same. I don't want to argue against your opinion, I just wanted to argue against the fact that were presenting your opinion as if it was "accepted", when really, it's obviously anything but. Thanks :]

Just one more thing:
Btw the Mario RPG was done by the company you heart, not Nintendo. >_>

Yes, that was the point I was making ;]

Chrono Kitty said:
Actually, your arguements on anime doesn't seem to annoy me. But when it comes to gaming, you are very immature.

My "arguments" on certain anime topics aren't any more "mature" than what I have to say on gaming, really. You are just saying that because on gaming, we disagree, while on anime, we do agree. That's pretty immature, to be honest.

Didn't you learn from your past mistake, or do you have really bad memory, Mr Geek.

Again, I'm left completely baffled as to what you are trying to say.

phoenix-pointinga.gif

"If you're going to take me seriously Mr.Geek then please leave the forums!"

door-s.jpg

phoenix-zoomb.gif

"There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out!!!"

[Thread destroyed; case closed]

I've heard mixed views on Crisis Core actually, so i wouldn't say the chances of Dissidia being mediocre or bad aren't there, in fact even if Crisis core was good or bad, it makes no difference as to Dissidia being bad or good, so we'll have to wait and see.

CitizenGeek, you tell us everything we say is trivial or a load of crap, albeit in your own way yet you do the exact same thing all the time, and instead of continuing a discussion or debate in a good way, you go about it the wrong way, telling us our opinion is just an opinion yet yours is fact, yet you again don't prove this. Also on top of that you go about derailing topics like this one often when, if you really wanted to discuss this, creating a topic for it is as easy as clicking the "new topic" button.
I know someone else started this off, but you do it as well, and i for one do find it extremely annoying when i just want to read what the original topic was about, but instead i get these ramblings which in the end, aren't discussing what they should be about.

CitizenGeek said:
My "arguments" on certain anime topics aren't any more "mature" than what I have to say on gaming, really. You are just saying that because on gaming, we disagree, while on anime, we do agree. That's pretty immature, to be honest.

Wait, so accusing everyone of being Nintendo fans is mature?

Again, I'm left completely baffled as to what you are trying to say.

Debating + Admin's annoyance with you = Banned? Geddit

Seriously, I'm going to let you play Mr Debatable, and make yourself a fool. And I am going to laugh at you on how many enemies you make on this forum ^_^

But you seem to have no life outside of debating on the internet.

Arbalest said:
CitizenGeek, you tell us everything we say is trivial or a load of crap, albeit in your own way yet you do the exact same thing all the time, and instead of continuing a discussion or debate in a good way, you go about it the wrong way, telling us our opinion is just an opinion yet yours is fact, yet you again don't prove this. Also on top of that you go about derailing topics like this one often when, if you really wanted to discuss this, creating a topic for it is as easy as clicking the "new topic" button.
I know someone else started this off, but you do it as well, and i for one do find it extremely annoying when i just want to read what the original topic was about, but instead i get these ramblings which in the end, aren't discussing what they should be about.

Oh dear, another Nintendo fanboy!

Yes, it was someone else that started this. Yes, the other person should have been the one to start a new topic. But, no, you attack me, just because I don't like Nintendo. You're transparent, Arbalest. I was finished with the off-topic discussion, but you still think you want the last word? Grow up, already! Your criticisms should be aimed at someone else, considering that person (Lupus Inu) is the one that instigated all of this, but, like I've already pointed out, your childish bias forces you to make me out to be the bad guy. Again, how hilariously transparent!

You know, this gaming section is full of rampant Nintendo fanboys, and I could just leave and not come back, but I'm not going to do that. Whenever I see a disagreeable post, I'll respond to it, which is not only my right on this forum, but it's also one of the fundamentals of a forum.

Arbalest, just before I go, I'd like to remind you again of how absurdly transparent your post was ;]

CitizenGeek said:
Arbalest said:

Grow up Citizengeek, this is a habit far too old for even you. We all know you hate Nintendo, but jesus christ... in your case, it's a matter of nintendo or death.

Chrono Kitty said:
Wait, so accusing everyone of being Nintendo fans is mature?

I never accused "everyone" of being a Nintendo fanboy, but it's fairly clear that certain people are.

Debating + Admin's annoyance with you = Banned? Geddit

I've not broken a single rule - "Geddit?"

Seriously, I'm going to let you play Mr Debatable, and make yourself a fool. And I am going to laugh at you on how many enemies you make on this forum ^_^

For the love of god, use a spell check feature or something!

I don't dislike anyone on this forum - if I have a problem with someone in a thread, then it stays in a thread. If someone wants to move beyond the thread, then that's their problem.

Actually, I spoke too soon, there is one person I dislike, and that would be you, Chrono ;]

But you seem to have no life outside of debating on the internet.

Oh, if people knew as much about you as I do, they'd know how ironic that comment is, but I'm not in the mood for getting personal, so I'll let it slide.

Grow up Citizengeek, this is a habit far too old for even you. We all know you hate Nintendo, but jesus christ... in your case, it's a matter of nintendo or death.

I don't 'hate' Nintendo. I rather like my DS, and I loved my GBA SP. I even bought a Wii.

CitizenGeek said:
Arbalest said:

Yes, it was someone else that started this. Yes, the other person should have been the one to start a new topic. But, no, you attack me, just because I don't like Nintendo. You're transparent, Arbalest. I was finished with the off-topic discussion, but you still think you want the last word? Grow up, already! Your criticisms should be aimed at someone else, considering that person (Lupus Inu) is the one that instigated all of this, but, like I've already pointed out, your childish bias forces you to make me out to be the bad guy. Again, how hilariously transparent!

You know, this gaming section is full of rampant Nintendo fanboys, and I could just leave and not come back, but I'm not going to do that. Whenever I see a disagreeable post, I'll respond to it, which is not only my right on this forum, but it's also one of the fundamentals of a forum.

Arbalest, just before I go, I'd like to remind you again of how absurdly transparent your post was ;]

Hah, i liked that, very creative of you. Point out where i mentioned Nintendo for me please? on top of that, since when did i ever state my love for nintendo as well? I don't think i ever have you know that?
You tell me to grow up yet instead you could do the same. Every person you see that says they own a Wii or says they may like Nintendo, you just go out and state "fanboy", it like you're attempt at an insult, yet you are sadly mistaken 9 times out of ten. When i said about topic derailment, i mean't it for most sections on this forum, so how you got nintendo out of that, is beyond me. I have nothing against you stating your opinion, but its the way you go about it that really gets to me.
If you want to continue to accuse me of being a Nintendo Fanboy or whatever, i don't mind, but i'd rather have it in PM's so this topic can go back to talking about Dissidia.

CitizenGeek said:
Actually, I spoke too soon, there is one person I dislike, and that would be you, Chrono ;]

Finally, we agree on something =D But too bad I disliked you for over a year, and it took you this long to say it.

Chrono Kitty said:
Finally, we agree on something =D But too bad I disliked you for over a year, and it took you this long to say it.

So, you're basically saying "Oh yeah, well I disliked you longer!!!11"

And you said I needed to grow up? Bless ;]

Arbalest said:
If you want to continue to accuse me of being a Nintendo Fanboy or whatever, i don't mind, but i'd rather have it in PM's so this topic can go back to talking about Dissidia.

I sad you were a Nintendo fanboy, because you were sticking up for another Nintendo fanboy, when he was in the wrong. Perhaps, I was wrong about you, but that's how it seems.

I was more than ready to go back to talking about Dissidia before your comment.

Don't think these direct-feed screenshots have been posted yet, have they? Dissidia looks good, at least!

Back