FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: The greatest story ever told. Re-told.

CitizenGeek said:
What's this Isaac stuff about? If he's an original character, then the manga story is obviously not being strictly followed?

Yeah--I think the director is going to rewrite the first number of volumes of the series and progressively get closer to the manga as time progresses. This way, he could avoid effectively reproducing a lot of what was done before.

Alternatively, the director might be doing his own spin on the series completely, and only loosely base the full story around the comic. A certain significant manga-only character has recently shown up in anime form in a recent magazine, but I don't believe this confirms that the script will be utterly faithful to the manga.

It's the best way to go about it really without a repeat of the exact same events that happened with the only differences being character designs.

@Uppa: I take it that it's Ling? I don't care what they do with the anime as long as shows off Envy's true form in a spectacular manner. (That's going a little too far, oh well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unenthusiastic about this before, but after seeing the last two trailers I'm now fairly excited. The animation looks of a higher standard than before and the new designs aren't as offputting as I'd originally found them.

As for the idea of the plot being altered, I wouldn't be too bothered. I haven't read the manga and watching EXACTLY the same story done over again would be a little bit of a let down.

Lupus said:
It's the best way to go about it really without a repeat of the exact same events that happened with the only differences being character designs.

@Uppa: I take it that it's Ling? I don't care what they do with the anime as long as shows off Envy's true form in a spectacular manner. (That's going a little too far, oh well.)

It's that Father guy. It's quite a stirring preview, of sorts--I'm looking forward to seeing the others, too! (Assuming they're used.) With BONES, I'm confident that the designs will look great. (I really hope the musical score allows for any reveals to be--you know--really big.)

EDIT: 24/3/09 <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbwfmgoNRLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbwfmgoNRLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Things are looking good. Two key scenes from the manga have been lifted into the anime form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for double posting, but plenty of trailers have surfaced, lately.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6QKTtlcxQp0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6QKTtlcxQp0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Can you hear can you hear tha thunder?
You betta run, you betta take cover.....

Ahem, am wishing i was living in Austrailia right now.

I'll watch it. It won't be the same.

Just Passing Through said:
It'll be on the Funimation Web Portal from the 9th April, One ep a week. None of the Funimation episodes streamed have been region locked to the UK. So, yay!

Oh?

I just tried to view a ton of videos and they were all blank except for the trailers.

A while ago I was able to view an episode of Aquarion though, so maybe it's my computer or something...

I think it's kind of pathetic if the UK doesn't get any kind of simultaneous screening.

madman will also be streaming this an there are rumours that they might even beat funimation to it. No website online for it yet though.

melonpan said:
It'll be on the Funimation Web Portal from the 9th April, One ep a week. None of the Funimation episodes streamed have been region locked to the UK. So, yay!

Oh?

I just tried to view a ton of videos and they were all blank except for the trailers.

That's odd. I've never had a problem with them. Vista, Firefox 2, Flash plug in. Nothing fancy. I've seen a wodge load of stuff from them. They've just put all of Fist of the North Star online all 150 odd episodes of it. So navigating the front page'll be a pain.

I don't really like that song from the Youtube sample. I'm sure they'll do a good job fitting it to the opening animation though. My favourite song from the olde FMA was always Kesenai Tsumi.

I'm glad I don't like it as I just spent £70 catching up on anime CDs I hadn't bought, and my wallet needs to take a break. Stupid exchange rates...

This forumgoer will have to change her avatar soon in case people think she's watching this new one on the digital broadcast and spoil things by mistake. Waiting for DVDs.

R

melonpan said:

Oh?

That's odd. I've never had a problem with them. Vista, Firefox 2, Flash plug in. Nothing fancy. I've seen a wodge load of stuff from them. They've just put all of Fist of the North Star online all 150 odd episodes of it. So navigating the front page'll be a pain.

Ah yeah I just tried with Firefox and it works fine, I'm having deja vu so I think I had this problem and resolved it some time ago, haha.

The quality isn't that great though to be honest, although it's being upscaled to 1060p on my 22" screen : /

melonpan said:
melonpan said:

Oh?

Ah yeah I just tried with Firefox and it works fine, I'm having deja vu so I think I had this problem and resolved it some time ago, haha.

The quality isn't that great though to be honest, although it's being upscaled to 1060p on my 22" screen : /

Ironcially i'm now having trouble seeing the videos, and that's with IE7 and Safari (not by choice but i share this computer with other people and one of them installed it).

Still considering i wasn't paying for it i was content with the quality of the vids.

Back