Funnyest show

Mock the Week can be pretty funny, most of them are hit and miss, shame Frankie Boyle isn't in it anymore, he always used to make me laugh. Also Balls of Steel and Bo Selecta too. Mighty Boosh, although to me seems just to be an excuse for two full grown men to dress in female clothing and brand it "humor" can also give out the occasional laugh.

EDIT: Genkina Hito wins, but I prefer the Prince skit myself.

Jayme said:
Some Chapelle stuff is good but otherwise he gets a big "meh" from me. It's like SNL in that respect, sometimes the sketches are spot-on hilarious, other times its like: "Do Americans actually find this funny?" - most often its the latter, especially now that Tina Fey has gone.

I find American comedies always somewhat cringey and lacking. They can rarely be just funny. They are always annoying in some way.

EDIT: American comedies? I meant comedians, obviously.

Humour is quite subjective. I really don’t get the appeal of Peter Kay or any northern comedians for that matter. Scottish are great, Frankie Boyle being one of them.

Dave Chappelle is probably one of the few TV shows that has a high laughter per joke ratio for me. The early series of The Thick of It (not the latest one or the recent specials), Just a Minute/ The News Quiz and Reginald D. Hunter.

I would have posted the Prince skit but I just couldn't find a decent version. That was one of the best...

Just to add two more shows I forgot or am watching just now – The Bubble and It’s Only a Theory.

The Bubble relies on the strength of its guests – all of whom have been funny as well as David Mitchell who presents.

It’s Only a Theory Reginald D. Hunter is fantastic and when he and Clare Balding parlay, it's fantastic.

Add to that Just a Minute, The News Quiz and Screenwipe, BBC provide hte best comedy in this country.

Back