Hair Debate

Aaron said:
There are rules. He blatantly went against them, so he got punished. OH NO!

It's his own fault. Good luck to him in keeping a job, considering he's incapable of grasping basic rules.
Rules like that today stop a bunch of kids having a simple egg and spoon race because of health and safety concerns. Rules that don't follow any logic should be questioned as to whether or not it should in fact be a rule in the first place and if they are in fact rules then they should apply to everyone.

Aaron said:

It's his own fault. Good luck to him in keeping a job, considering he's incapable of grasping basic rules.

Ok, how old is he? The guy is trying to define his own identity at his age... An the school is simply denying him that. I deny you an identity because I think that boys should have short hair.

Chances are stupid rules causes more damages than any good.
Tell that you should always follow the rules to any jew family who run from Germany instead of following the rules and look for the authorities.

Of course questioning rules is important. He is young and maybe he still do not know how to do that. But questioning rules now have a pretty new name and is actually highly valuable to companies.

Nowadays, they call it thinking outside the box... ;)

Edit: hey, just noticed that you like FFVII - if Cloud never questioned the rules, he would possibly never met AVALANCHE... =D

It may be a stupid rule, but rules are rules. He may be looking for his identity or whatever, but that doesn't stop him from following some basic rules (and it's not exactly an unreasonable one) that would have been made clear to him.
chaos said:
Edit: hey, just noticed that you like FFVII - if Cloud never questioned the rules, he would possibly never met AVALANCHE... =D
Nah. If he wasn't an emo he wouldn't have met AVALANCHE.

Aaron said:

If it was for health and safety reasons, fair enough (as any long haired person who's used a bunsen burner in science class will testify). The problem with a lot of school rules in this country (or maybe it was just my old school) is that they're often decades old and are still enforced because either nobody's bothered to update them or because it's 'tradition'. A lot of schools who value their traditions hang onto archaic and pointless regulations either for nostalgia reasons or to maintain its image.

I think you'll find workplaces set regulations that are more practical and commonsense in terms of dress code. I'm repeating myself here really, but some regulation like this regarding hair length isn't 'basic'. It's petty.

The hair that people have, defines their character, and if they feel comfortable, let them keep it.
It does make it a bit of a joke when they complain about something like this, yet half of the schools are disorganised as hell!

Though i can't remember any guy in our school having overly long hair. it wasn't until I left school that my hair went as long and curly as it is.

Yeaaaa! uber win hairstyle :lol:

If anyone cares our school has just had new rules put it :roll: If you are inside the building and have an item of clothing that isnt uniform (aka jackets, hoodies, the schools own hoodies) the it gets confescated and you get put in isolation.... Gotta love the way for holding a jacket you can be put in isolation, but for smoking on the school grounds you just get shouted at.

Spyro201 said:
If anyone cares our school has just had new rules put it :roll: If you are inside the building and have an item of clothing that isnt uniform (aka jackets, hoodies, the schools own hoodies) the it gets confescated and you get put in isolation.... Gotta love the way for holding a jacket you can be put in isolation, but for smoking on the school grounds you just get shouted at.

That was enforced in my highschool; just ANOTHER reason why school was ******* ****.

Man, I'd like to karate chop my headteacher in the throat.

That's probably the easiest way to get put into isolation ever. You wouldn't even have had to do anything genuinely bad to get put into it. Good thinking, teachers! Real smooth. Now you'll be able to tell the deviant pupils a mile off.

Back