Hello

Nyani

Student Council President
Hi,

Go easy on me I've not touched a forum in a few years. I'm somewhat of a hermit.

A few of you have actually seen me physically recently. :) But I am very shy and not the type to self-intro and the person I was with didn't, so I just texted my friends to find them while he chatted. Eheh. Seeing as chances are I will have to take him to the next Expo I figure it's easier if I've intro'd here. :p

I'm 26, I started (properly) watching anime in 1995, but had seen a bit before then not knowing they were anime. After my initial discovery I persued anime actively, saw Macross on tv, and purchased things such as Vampire Hunter D, Bastard!!, Macross Plus. Later I saw Outlaw Star, Trigun, DBZ+DB, Cowboy Bebop, Blue Gender, and quite a few others. Back then I bought and rented quite a bit. Eventually there was a lull in my watching due to not being aware of ways to watch online. It's rare I can afford to buy something. (For this same reason I have not had much exposure to manga barr Love Hina 1&2). Things picked up again recently when I found various resources. :) And I am the one at fault for an influx in cute or pervy things on someones completed list. Mwahaha.

I find it hard to pick favorites in anything. I also find it hard to rate things on a number scale, so my MAL list probably isn't entirely accurate and the way I view the numbers will vary day to day. It also dosn't help that I made the list this year but lots of the anime on it was watched years ago. That's my pre-warning for my MAL.
My Anime List
Also about half of my dropped list is things I was watching on tv years ago but stopped airing and I've not had time to find, as other anime are more appealing currently.

In terms of anime I tend to lean towards sweet, cute, humorous, and possibly slightly pervy. I go for light things most of the time cause they make me feel happier. :) Life is serious enough for me.

Some anime I have particularly enjoyed:
Chobits, DearS, FMP, TTGL, Moon Phase (Tsukuyomi), Neo Angelique Abyss, Ouran H.S. Host Club, Outlaw Star, Rosario + Vampire, Rune Soldier, Skip Beat, Slayers, Toradora, Trigun.

Besides the anime hobby, I have played video games since, well since I was 4 if you count Duck Hunt, Tetris, Pac Man, and the Burger game, but properly since I was about 8 or 9. I've gone through lots of consoles including a bit of exposure to more obscure ones (3DO CDI).
I mainly play RPG and Point and Click Adventure, but do enjoy other varieties if it has a decent story or some other hook for me. Lately I suffer from the "buy, start, forget to play" disease, despite being immune to it up until I was 21. I'm about to get back on track with the ones I currently have active.

Other hobbies: Sewing, Baking, Cooking. I used to draw and attempt graphic art but this has pretty much come to a halt barr a few things.
Cosplay I've only tried once, when I first self taught myself how to sew, so it wasn't spectacular and if it was I think I'd be afraid to wear it in a crowd for fear of damage. :) My sewing lately is mainly: plushie companion cubes, Beelzeneff Puppets, and a plush Kirca(Aion creature) for my flatmate which is not the right color due to being from scrap material.

I am currently watching Slayers Evolution-R, and when the boy is around we're on Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

*Preview* Ack I typed loads, sorry about that, I have a tendency to over-explain.

Nyani said:
In terms of anime I tend to lean towards sweet, cute, humorous, and possibly slightly pervy. I go for light things most of the time cause they make me feel happier. :) Life is serious enough for me.
Welcome. You will fit right in.

chaos said:
Welcome. You will fit right in.

Good to know. :p And, I believe you are one of the ones who would've physically seen me at expo. My hair was a similar color to my avatars hair and I was hiding behind a big emo, a big emo who made me make his hair "flippy". :p

Fellow hermit here - Dont worry, at least you've met some of the peeps here. I'm still the little picture that appears/changes at the side of each post made. ;)

And I agree that you have a nice group of animes/manga. I still need to see Trigun... Got things to finish off 1st.
But since you like Outlaw Star and Slayers, I think we'll get along okay. Although, I do like my psycho-horrors, so I'll try not to freak you out too much.

Hope you enjoy your stay. A good, solid intro is the best one.

Nyani said:
Ryo Chan said:
hurry someone "just" older than me, i don't feel like an old man as much now

welcome to the madhouse

Did you just call me an old lady? :p

suddenly i'm picturing you as

Episode_capture_2_5.jpg
:D

Ryo Chan said:
Nyani said:
Ryo Chan said:
hurry someone "just" older than me, i don't feel like an old man as much now
welcome to the madhouse
Did you just call me an old lady? :p
suddenly i'm picturing you as
Noes. Ah well, I still got carded alot of the time, when I bothered to drink. :p And I manage to avoid getting asked by teens to buy their cigs so I must be at a confusing point visually. :p I'll take confusing.

Chaz said:
Fellow hermit here - Dont worry, at least you've met some of the peeps here. I'm still the little picture that appears/changes at the side of each post made. ;) .......
Although, I do like my psycho-horrors, so I'll try not to freak you out too much.
Yay hermits. ^_^ Aw, well, they really only -saw- me. And I wasn't about to go outgoing mode as I'd just finished driving from Surrey-ish to Excel in lots of traffic cause bf wanted to shop. <_< And I'll hide behind something and cover my ears when the horror comes on.

Don't worry about the age thing by the way, just look at chaos and you'll be fine ;p

Welcome to the forums anywho! Glad to see someone else who enjoyed FMP, the more the better, hah. And that list reminds me to get back to working through Slayers when i get the chance, i got to the second disk, found it faulty so completely forgot to get a replacement..So shall need to get that done soon and carry on with it.

Hey,

Yeah i remember you from the expo....hiding behind your bf before quickly disappearing off lol.

Welcome to the forums :)

(oh, Ilmaestro and mutsumi.....which one of you added me on PSN?)

Hallo thar Nyani. I too am the grand age of 26 this year. It's that strange part of your life when you can't class yourself as a whippersnapper anymore but at the same time your not yet in your thirties... I spend my days with my brain in limbo...

*realises he was going into random mode*

*ahem*

Anywho, welcome to the forums. Here, have a cookie.

*hands cookie*

Back