How do you Otaku-lise your room?

i think we know who the clear victor in this thread is...that would be Mae by a mile!

Awesome collection there mate, i have noticed that your shelves in the first pic are sagging a little bit due to the sheer weight of your collection (couldnt help but notice the Hiyori figure you got there too ;))

Btw...i see you have your Saber figure out of its case...brave man :)

Thank you very much, guys. :) I would think there are at least a few people on here with a more impressive collection, though, I haven't really been buying stuff for that long compared with old school fans.

Rui: Aha, yes, I really need to put more stuff in there. It's been some months since I actually posted in the AoD R2J forum's JPEG Orgy thread, which was the motivation for those pics.

Zin: Heh, it's not one of those high-tech "spend your time in there to avoid being disturbed" sheds. It's effectively an extremely over-sized wooden box. ^^;

Clouded: Yes, I am a cheapskate when it comes to shelves. ^^; It was initially an attempt to battle the over-flow and keep series together, but as more stuff comes in and I start re-reading and moving stuff, I really should buy another bookshelf at least. Figures out of packaging, I decided that was the way I was going to go, I quite like being able to look over and see the figures easily. Need to work out better places for them, though, and to buy something like a small microfibre duster to keep them clean. I am also considering trying to find the space to have the figures on display on top of the boxes, as some of them look quite nice.

A Bleach figure, huh? No wonder you're such a Bleachtard and don't have great taste, like myself.

How was my Aion impression?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very good collections there :)

I've been considering putting my anime in alphabetical order for some time now although i'm fighting that urge because it might seem abit too far OCD, at the moment their in this order: Boxsets on the bottom, singular DVD full series have to be together in numerical order of lowest on the left and highest on the right, singular DVD's can sit on the right.

Manga is in chronological order of when i bought it :p

Tachi- said:
Some very good collections there :)

I've been considering putting my anime in alphabetical order for some time now although i'm fighting that urge because it might seem abit too far OCD, at the moment their in this order: Boxsets on the bottom, singular DVD full series have to be together in numerical order of lowest on the left and highest on the right, singular DVD's can sit on the right.

Manga is in chronological order of when i bought it :p

I have everything in alphabetical order =P Games, DVDs, Books (though they're by size first, stupid non-standard sizes) You should do it, rearranging is fun! =D...maybe just for me lol.

I'll upload my pathetic anime collection for all to mock and laugh at how small it is.

Here it is (please be kind)

003.jpg

Since then I've bought Millennium Actress and pre-ordered the new release of "Paranoia Agent" and "Code Geass R2 vol 1)

I took these out of my main DVD collection just to put em all together. When I have some spare time, I'll get a pic of my marginally more impressive (ha!) figure collection.

Sparrowsabre7 said:

003.jpg

Since then I've bought Millennium Actress and pre-ordered the new release of "Paranoia Agent" and "Code Geass R2 vol 1)

I took these out of my main DVD collection just to put em all together. When I have some spare time, I'll get a pic of my marginally more impressive (ha!) figure collection.

Hey, stop putting yourself down lol.
All collections started off small to begin with, (well maybe not all, some people might go out on a mass spending spree and buy half a storeful of anime) But its not the quantity, its more the quality of the collection ;)

A person could collect ONLY all the Naruto filler (an 80 odd eps long) and fill a self, call it a collection....compared to another guy who buys all the Ghibli work and GITS, the second bloke has more right to call it a collection of anime. :p

Tachi- said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

003.jpg

Hey, stop putting yourself down lol.
All collections started off small to begin with, (well maybe not all, some people might go out on a mass spending spree and buy half a storeful of anime) But its not the quantity, its more the quality of the collection ;)

A person could collect ONLY all the Naruto filler (an 80 odd eps long) and fill a self, call it a collection....compared to another guy who buys all the Ghibli work and GITS, the second bloke has more right to call it a collection of anime. :p

Haha true. I'm trying to be thrifty, I only buy stuff I really really like, or in the case of Gotham Knight/ Resident Evil Degen, because I'm a fan of those series. I want to get Gurren Lagann eventually but what with the sub issues on volume 2 and the still high price, I'm ok with waiting for a box set/anime legends

(I realise Gundam 00 is similar, but I got vol 2 when play messed up and put it at £4.99and bought 3 and 1 used, and 1 I got a full refund on because the second disc froze, but then I got the disc cleaned and it was good as new =P, so I got the whole series for the price of one volume, which was nice).

I also have some soundtracks, 3 Death Note, Trigun, 4 Code Geass (which unfortunately are bootleg, stupid ebay) and Gundam 00 soundtrack 3, I also have 2 singles with the first OP and second ED of Gurren Lagann.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Haha true. I'm trying to be thrifty, I only buy stuff I really really like, or in the case of Gotham Knight/ Resident Evil Degen, because I'm a fan of those series. I want to get Gurren Lagann eventually but what with the sub issues on volume 2 and the still high price, I'm ok with waiting for a box set/anime legends

(I realise Gundam 00 is similar, but I got vol 2 when play messed up and put it at £4.99and bought 3 and 1 used, and 1 I got a full refund on because the second disc froze, but then I got the disc cleaned and it was good as new =P, so I got the whole series for the price of one volume, which was nice).

lol Atleast you haven't bought a Heat Guy J boxset and had 1 disc 1, 2 disc 3's and the rest where copies of disc 6. That was annoying ¬_¬
I prefer boxsets when it comes to anime, mainly due to paying £10 a dvd for the FMA series, worked out about £110 for the series...i'll never do that again!

Tachi- said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

lol Atleast you haven't bought a Heat Guy J boxset and had 1 disc 1, 2 disc 3's and the rest where copies of disc 6. That was annoying ¬_¬
I prefer boxsets when it comes to anime, mainly due to paying £10 a dvd for the FMA series, worked out about £110 for the series...i'll never do that again!

Yeah >.< normally I do boxset, but with some anime I'm either impatient, or it works out ok anyway like Ouran, Gundam 00 and Death Note (Code Geass I was just impatient =P)

But if I can, I go boxset, generally nicer presentation =)

Duskin's collection is most impressive. What's the name/code for the units you have for your anime? I NEED some sturdy units myself...

I'm betting my manga collection will prove hard to beat. Right now I have, like... 30-40 books I need to find space for; my 7 Argos units all being full. And I have Video Girl Ai en route.

Someone needs to give me a free camera before my comp dies.

Back