Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• I'm not voting for any.

• Total voters

Voddas

Symphogear
Just out of intrest. I was wondering where AUKN's primary support for the election was leaning towards out of the three main contenders. You don't have to vote and obviously you don't have to state who you voted for if you do. I just thought it would be interesting.

For purely bureaucratic reasons, I am unable to vote in this election (honestly, I almost cried when I found out). However, I put what I would have voted.

Not voting but that's purely because I'm not able to go home and vote, and it was too late for me to register up here. Would have voted Lib Dem if I could.

I too was not going to vote but then I realised I may lose complaining rights. The options aren't good at all but with the state of the country at the moment it's to be expected. It's all about cutting costs... voting just depends on where we're gonna cut from. Like I said, "not good".

chaos said:
On topic - I'm not allowed to vote. :(
If it at all comforts you, it is most likely that you're not missing much. Why, the official voting pencils are barely sharp! (Even so, they have to be tethered to the stands to prevent theft and electoral manipulation. With string, no less.)

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Of course you are Mr. Smith.
Non-uk/EU citizen, so not allowed to vote.

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
If it at all comforts you, it is most likely that you're not missing much. Why, the official voting pencils are barely sharp! (Even so, they have to be tethered to the stands to prevent theft and electoral manipulation. With string, no less.)
The thought of voting against BNP conforts me somewhat.

I voted for the Lib Dems in the General and Council elections here, they arent perfect, but there the closest of the party's to my views

chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
chaos said:

Just remember, chaos, to vote against a party does not mean putting a cross next to their name.

And I did chuckle, Zin5ki. So quintessentially British to have stubbly B2s. I'm surprised we're not voting with chalk on a slate like the good old days. I bet if this was an American election, they'd have biros. It it were French, quills with the square nibs. And if Italian, they'd want your thumb print. You know, so we know who you are.

VivisQueen said:
chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
chaos said:

Just remember, chaos, to vote against a party does not mean putting a cross next to their name.

And I did chuckle, Zin5ki. So quintessentially British to have stubbly B2s. I'm surprised we're not voting with chalk on a slate like the good old days. I bet if this was an American election, they'd have biros. It it were French, quills with the square nibs. And if Italian, they'd want your thumb print. You know, so we know who you are.
=) I'd expect bananas for Brazil, but we actually have a quite awesome voting scheme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_ ... g_machines

I'm actually able to vote in the next brazilian elections as long as I head to the closest brazilian embassy / consulate, even if I'm here.

Oooh, this is very fitting:

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:hcx:item:southparkstudios.co.uk:c16419a3-230f-4589-8541-c8413695714d" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.co.uk&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

The UK Labour Party is perhaps my favourite political party in the world. It's one of the few Leftist movements that doesn't have this kind of hysterical hatred for globalisation and that understands the real threats posed by Islamic extremism. The party stands behind the Iraq War, even though it's unpopular. Their record on social justice and reducing poverty is "unmatched" (according to The Guardian, who curiously stated that in their endorsement of the Liberal Democrats). I really like Gordon Brown. He's articulate and genuine. So I'm hoping Labour retain their majority (it's still possible!). Realistically though, a Labour-Lib Dem coalition is probably the best we can hope for. The Tories are scum.

I voted just to add to the mass of people not voting for the BNP and their friends. My local area is very firmly Labour, so it probably won't make any difference either way - but I wanted my little number increment to show up on the historical figures :)

Omission of further detail was deliberate.

R

Since I live in a different constituency to the one last time we were discussing this, I'm now voting Lib-Dem. It makes the most sense tactically for fighting the Tories (fairly safe Tory seat, but our previous MP is stepping down so you never know). Really though, I only vote for what I consider the lesser of three evils. No major party stands for the things I believe in, but until we have proportional representation the idea that every vote counts will remain an illusion.

The outcome I'd most like to see? An Antonov An-225 delivering kerosene crash into the Houses of Parliament on the first day back. It would be a sad loss to architecture, but worth it, I feel.

ayase said:
fairly safe Tory seat
Safe? In a Northern consituency? One finds this somewhat startling.

The outcome I'd most like to see? An Antonov An-225 delivering kerosene crash into the Houses of Parliament on the first day back. It would be a sad loss to architecture, but worth it, I feel.
Now now. That is somewhat extreme.

It'd cause further harm to the exchange rate.

Zin5ki said:
ayase said:
fairly safe Tory seat
Safe? In a Northern consituency? One finds this somewhat startling.
That's the urban / rural divide for you. Odd that. I wonder if Labour could gain votes by opening up large swathes of countryside for development, and the Tories likewise by bulldozing housing estates and setting up farms.

Back