• Liberal Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• I'm not voting for any.

• Total voters
Voted Conservative.

It was a toss-up between Lib-Dem & Cons. Not voting for Labour while Brown is in charge - don't trust him in the slightest.

Voted Lib Dem, and the Lid Dem candidate in my area won. ^_^ David Laws kept his 20% lead over the Tories, whose candidate lives over a hundred miles from the constituency he wished to claim.

Rather a hung parliament than a Tory government.

Holy ****.

Hung Parliament. Historically rare, and historically short-lived. Conservatives might call for another election very shortly if they can't hack not ruling properly. Expect slow and frustrated policy-making until the next election, folks!

It's not as bad for Labour as I thought (I mean, if you believe losing your leadership of the country is not the worst case scenario), however, the Lib Dems did not do half as well as I hoped either. They gained 7 seats and lost 13. Ah well. But at this stage, only 615 out of 650 seats have been declared. Overall, it's my third most preferred option - preceded by Lib Dem government and Labour government in that order. Oh, and the future of George Galloway still hangs in the balance. Don't leave us George! We need you and your big mouth to keep us entertained!

I need to do some work but I can't stop watching the seats coming in! I personaly was hoping for a Labour Win but a hung result is my third choice. *goes back to watch results*

A result with the Cons or LibDem's would be very bad for my area. We rely on BAE Systems for a large portion of our employment in the area. If the Submarines are stopped, the result would not bold well for my town.

Usually, I would consider myself a Conservative voter.

However, in this election there is an important local issue of getting back our local cinema from a religious cult who bought it some years back in order to turn it into a church (I'm not making this up).

So I have voted Labour as the local candidate gave a strong account of why and how the cinema could be bought back. I also voted for Lib Dem and Independent councillers who have said they would support the pursuit of a compulsory purchase order on the building.

Obviously there are probably more important issues going on in the world (even locally to me perhaps) but this happens to mean a lot to me so it's what I went with.

Kaede said:
However, in this election there is an important local issue of getting back our local cinema from a religious cult who bought it some years back in order to turn it into a church (I'm not making this up).
I know about this cult. It's scary... Back home they bought radio stations, a TV channel (which now is the second / third most watched) and the cult leaders are usually involved in scandals and such.

It's the worst brazilian export ever =(

Edit: BTW, I've fixed your link

Voddas said:
I need to do some work but I can't stop watching the seats coming in! I personaly was hoping for a Labour Win but a hung result is my third choice. *goes back to watch results*

A result with the Cons or LibDem's would be very bad for my area. We rely on BAE Systems for a large portion of our employment in the area. If the Submarines are stopped, the result would not bold well for my town.
Same here, except I wanted to see a hung paliament, because I hope there will be some changes to the parties' policies. I may have wanted labour and lib dems to gain a few more seats so the tories wouldn't have a minor advantage to the political scale.

Maybe we can have a good "central" menifesto after all the talks and such, but I doubt the Cameron will bend too far in any direction.

I've voted for David Ward of the Liberal Democrats in my area. I've always been interested in their policies [free uni, first £10,000 free of income tax, PR system, cutting down class size, etc].

Just found out the results and Lib Dems has won in my area!

chaos said:
Kaede said:
I know about this cult. It's scary... Back home they bought radio stations, a TV channel (which now is the second / third most watched) and the cult leaders are usually involved in scandals and such.

It's the worst brazilian export ever =(

Edit: BTW, I've fixed your link

Ooops! Thanks, Chaos. Well hopefully I can continue to fight against them in my local area for ya! ;) That does sound a bit scary...

Chaz said:
Voddas said:

Same here, except I wanted to see a hung paliament, because I hope there will be some changes to the parties' policies. I may have wanted labour and lib dems to gain a few more seats so the tories wouldn't have a minor advantage to the political scale.

Maybe we can have a good "central" menifesto after all the talks and such, but I doubt the Cameron will bend too far in any direction.
Very true/ So do you think a Hung Parliament will work out for the best? Some policies will change but how long will it take for them to have a final agreement. Also, if there's a chance the Lib Dems swing Cons, then Cameron will get the power (not what I want). Anywho, guess it's a wait and see what happens. We know it won't go smoothly what ever happens, I'm just wondering how long it'll be before chaos breaks out.

Chaos as in a confusion rather than Choas (admin) breaking out. :p

This government is standing on sandunes rather than rock anyways. I done mind it getting shaken up if what comes at the end is more solid ground. :D

The situation currently facing Westminster is akin to constructing a sandwich from ingredients of vastly dissimilar dimensions, such that preventing certain parts from tumbling out will be very difficult.

It gets worse. Imagine if this sandwich contained a snake. A snake with an elaborate skin, a quick tongue and a geniune propensity to cause harm. I suspect that this snake, who is himself a member of the House of Snakes, may be able to remain an integral part of the sandwich. (He was somehow able to make a temporary nest in the BBC studio last night, and contented himself with emitting a characteristic hiss towards Paxman.)

Perhaps Eric Pickles will eat him.

So anyone that earns less than 10k is gonna be taxed like those with full-time jobs? Joy...
Sure, make starting up more strainuous...

Tax begins, I believe, at 6k, and then at the lowest band. When I was earning 15k, I was getting taxed a sixth of it. And my goodness, it vexes me how my netbook's keyboard is configured so that the pound sign above my three actually only gives me a # symbol. Anyone know how to fix this bastard?

Kaede said:
Ooops! Thanks, Chaos. Well hopefully I can continue to fight against them in my local area for ya! ;) That does sound a bit scary...
Oh, and I forgot to mention a handful of senators and congressmen as well...

@Zin - loved your post.

VivisQueen said:
Tax begins, I believe, at 6k, and then at the lowest band. When I was earning 15k, I was getting taxed a sixth of it. And my goodness, it vexes me how my netbook's keyboard is configured so that the pound sign above my three actually only gives me a # symbol. Anyone know how to fix this bastard?
Cahnge the keyboard layout to british english on control panel -> regional and language options -> languages -> Text services and input languages "Details" - > Default input language

I always use my keyboard in US International standard, which gives me nice signs such as áêìõüç and so on...

Could it be to do with the american/english configs of the keyboard? Try going to controlpanel -> Regional/lanuage ops and then have a look at what it's on...

Edit: Ah ha, beaten to the punch, eh Chaos? :p

Back