ITV could sign deal with Hulu for UK

It'll be awesome to get Hulu. I doubt that we'd get anime on it, though (Will Disney's Naruto license expire soon?). I know its all the major US players for the states, but, I think its going to struggle to become half as good as their one. We'd get crap like Coronation Street, The Bill and Demons from ITV. I know the good shows (i.e. non-British stuff) will get caught up in some legal ********, unless something seriously good goes down and we get bSkyb, Virgin Media Television, BBC Worldwide, all on board. If we get something, here's hoping FOX Broadcasting give us FX and NBC gives us SyFy.

It must be ridiculous to get Hulu UK up and running now I'm thinking about it.

It has been quite some time since I've watched anything on ITV. Does anybody here watch any of their shows streamed through their website? I never knew they offered that option.

Come to think of it, does anybody here watch any of their shows at all?

come on now, Iceland and Kwick Save are atleast making a profit

if we're talking retail, ITV is more like Woolsworth

Disney's Naruto licence ends on Sunday btw

Ryo Chan said:
come on now, Iceland and Kwick Save are atleast making a profit

if we're talking retail, ITV is more like Woolsworth

Disney's Naruto licence ends on Sunday btw

yes_man.jpg

Zin5ki said:
It has been quite some time since I've watched anything on ITV. Does anybody here watch any of their shows streamed through their website? I never knew they offered that option.

There's too much interference on my TV's ITV signal - lets just say I'm not bothered about fixing it :D

Mohawk52 said:
Just found this at ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... video-site

I think I like this.

Don't get too happy. If I understand this right, they're bringing HULU to the UK, not bringing the programs on Hulu to UK TV. It gets us no closer to getting anime on UK TV, but who knows, if ITV is in control and you can be sure at least Manga will get their catalogue on their (Funi possibly too) then if suddenly ITV spot "Bleach", "Ouran" or "Fullmetal Alchemist" on the most watched, then they'll at least look at it twice...

...and then release a celebrity version set in a jungle.

Zin5ki said:

I don't, but me missus, and her mother, is their best viewers, cause they have all their favourite soaps.

Mutsumi said:
Hang on, Disney had the Naruto license? What did they do with it? Did Naruto leave jetix & get shown on Disney or something?

Actually Disney have owned jetix for a very good long while now and very soon Jetix is getting rebranded Disney XD, that is if it hasn't already happened. Now i'm not sure if Jetix was owned by disney at the time Naruto aired but i'm willing to bet that when Disney bought the channel, the licenese transfered with it

Yes it has, Disney owned Jetix back when it was Fox Kids, they only changed it's name to get it inline with the US version

Incidently even the american Disney XD has more anime than us :(

ITV used to be my channel of choice (CITV=Digimon, GMTV=The best kids morning entertainment for us stuck without Sky, back in the day). I now much prefer BBC programming (assuming these are the 'big two', if you will).

Mutsumi said:
Did you mean to type SM:TV? GMTV was Lorraine Kelly & other non-kids stuff.

Forgot about SMTV, but no I was mainly referring to 'Up on the roof', which was shown as part of GMTV. Showed Power Rangers, Spider-man, Yu-Gi-Oh and I am sure some other anime at some point. Of course, the main problem was the fact that its time and content was consistently changing and they hardly ever actually finished a show, lol.

megagold5 said:
Mutsumi said:
Did you mean to type SM:TV? GMTV was Lorraine Kelly & other non-kids stuff.

Forgot about SMTV, but no I was mainly referring to 'Up on the roof', which was shown as part of GMTV. Showed Power Rangers, Spider-man, Yu-Gi-Oh and I am sure some other anime at some point. Of course, the main problem was the fact that its time and content was consistently changing and they hardly ever actually finished a show, lol.
That's because they are always in a panic trying to get people to watch them, like a skydiver trying to get his backup shute to open when his main has failed, and as for being the "big two", both the Beeb and ITV stopped being that when Sky went digital, and with all transmissions going digital soon, they will have completed their relegation to being just another channel number on the box competing with all the rest. In fairness the TV licence should go to the owners of the digital services that supply the boxes, but tradition would never allow it.

Back