Jetix UK line up Viewtiful Joe for UK TV; starting in July

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Video game turned anime <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewtiful_Joe_%28anime%29">Viewtiful Joe</a> will start airing on Jetix UK next week, beginning on 2nd July (and subsequent week nights) at 7:30PM, as well as weekends at 8:30AM.

The 51 episode colorful action series joins Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo! and (the currently off-air) Naruto in representing a wave of recent anime on Jetix UK.

I loved the original game. . .well the demo of it i had. Might catch a episodes here and there then.

Jetix is getting cool for a kids channel; they also seem to be taking a liking to the longer anime series' Hmmm. . .

I wonder how Animax is doing?

The games were good But unfortunately the last time i saw jetix was at the start of the third stage of the chunin exam were sakura points out Sasukes mark on his neck

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Naruto hasn't been axed for good. Even in it's distorted Jetix form, it would be nice to see it doing well.

Paul said:
I hope Naruto hasn't been axed for good. Even in it's distorted Jetix form, it would be nice to see it doing well.

Why would the axe Naruto? I know several people who only started watching Jetix because they were showing Naruto :p

Sakimori said:
Paul said:

Why would the axe Naruto? I know several people who only started watching Jetix because they were showing Naruto :p

I've got no facts, just a gut reaction! You're probably right though, I'm sure it will return soon enough.

Paul said:
Sakimori said:
Paul said:

I've got no facts, just a gut reaction! You're probably right though, I'm sure it will return soon enough.

I know the feeling, anime gets very little respect on Tv in the UK.

Paul said:
Sakimori said:
Paul said:

I think its due to that it needs to return soon with season four. It does still air at 7:30 on the weekends though; so they still own its properties.

If I ever meet the idiot who's in charge of schedules in Jetix UK I will bat him one.

Seriously, nothing says "We have confidence in this show" than showing it into a 7.30p slot to get ravanged by Eastenders, Coronation street or a doube teen fisting combo of both.

GG Jetix, your trying my patience.

Also, Pitting Naruto against Doctor Who is just cruel and unusual treatment of show.

Oh crap! I mean I loved the game but the anime will be destroyed by Jetix even though it's really a Power Rangers parody. I think it has same voice acting of the games too which actually pretty good for most part (probably becasue it's tounge in cheek).

Conan-san, you have to realise it is that Jetix is a satellite kids channel. Most of its audience isn't that interested in soaps.

Ice Climber said:
Conan-san, you have to realise it is that Jetix is a satellite kids channel. Most of its audience isn't that interested in soaps.

But what you also have to realize is that; yes its a children channel; but the caretakers of the child would have by 7:30 taken control of the TV, and therefore they may be watching something more appropriate for them.

Thats only if the viewer doesn't have his/her own TV and satellite/cable hook up anyway

Like the game, did not really like the aime much and with a time slot of 7pm nobody is going to watch it. But dunno lets see what happens :)

I've herd the game rocked so I think I'll give the anime a try. Hmm it seems many poeple are under the impression Naruto is currently off air...It's on every FRIDAY for now at 7:30. Because it got pulled back an hour it seems they are now starting to say words like "blood" and "kill". Not much but it's a start.

Sakimori said:
Jayme said:
I wonder how Animax is doing?

Yeah i've been wondering that myself :?

Yeah, I assumed they would announce the next country to get Animax in like a month time. UK will prolly get it by Christmas >.> (or Back to School maybe)

I'll give this anime a shot, never played the game though

Reviews of the Viewtiful Joe anime aren't looking too positive, but I'll offer my support if it encourages Jetix to invest more confidently in such properties.

I'm delighted at the recent influx of anime on Jetix. Does anyone think this indicates that they're trying to make an appeal to the audience Toonami lost during its transformation?

Deidara said:
I've herd the game rocked so I think I'll give the anime a try. Hmm it seems many poeple are under the impression Naruto is currently off air...It's on every FRIDAY Saturday and Sunday for now at 7:30. Because it got pulled back an hour it seems they are now starting to say words like "blood" and "kill". Not much but it's a start.

fixed

honestly, it gets taken off for a few weeks so Jetix can promote the fantasic 4 movie and everyone thinks the world has ended lol

Back