Jetix UK line up Viewtiful Joe for UK TV; starting in July

The games were great and hopefully, the Anime will be just as good.

Oh, and thanks for the info on the Shaman King DVDs, Aaron.

Jayme said:
Paul said:
Sakimori said:
Paul said:
I hope Naruto hasn't been axed for good. Even in it's distorted Jetix form, it would be nice to see it doing well.

Why would the axe Naruto? I know several people who only started watching Jetix because they were showing Naruto :p

I've got no facts, just a gut reaction! You're probably right though, I'm sure it will return soon enough.

I think its due to that it needs to return soon with season four. It does still air at 7:30 on the weekends though; so they still own its properties.

Its just aired, and i flicked on NARUTO and in the Jetix fashion it says 'New' in the corner, so its just a new time slot i think.

The original 8 o'clock timeslot didn't do very well, and a 7:30 probably won't do very well, but with 6:30; Naruto can't been shown in its full fashion, its a losing competition for Jetix in my opinion.

Jayme said:
Aaron said:
Speaking of Jetix, looks like Shaman King episodes 1-8 are being released on R2 DVD in September...£8 which is nice.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3400683/ ... oduct.html by the way.

lol @ "Monty"

Damn, they don't look like the uncut ones America has got.

But i'll see what happens, and probably end up picking it up, if it has a Japanese dub anyway. if its a kiddie release, then like; no thank you

The Uncut R1s were cancelled after 2 -3 volumes anyway, so this won't be uncut, but I might get it anyway. For those that are interested Amazon claim that this disc will be released by 'Liberation Entertainment', who also recently solicited Oban Star Racers for release.

Conan-san said:
HOnestly? I'll take these cut mankin dvds, the dub is superisingly good concidering where it comes from.

Quite true. Shaman King is definitely among 4kids best efforts, of course it helps that the show is good to begin with unlike a lot of 4kids licenses and that it's still recognisably Shaman King once they've finished with it, unlike what happened to One Piece.

Noratav said:
Conan-san said:
HOnestly? I'll take these cut mankin dvds, the dub is superisingly good concidering where it comes from.

Quite true. Shaman King is definitely among 4kids best efforts, of course it helps that the show is good to begin with unlike a lot of 4kids licenses and that it's still recognisably Shaman King once they've finished with it, unlike what happened to One Piece.
Apprenly, thier shojo shows were quite good too, (Mew Mew Tokyo and Magical Do-rei-mi) but you know, lol, no one watches shojo.

At least, that's how I see it, given how Sailor Moon S didn't get the airing it deserved over here.

[I see though your viel of lies, jetix, I will unmask you as the anime kira!]

Conan-san said:
Seriously, nothing says "We have confidence in this show" than showing it into a 7.30p slot to get ravanged by Eastenders, Coronation street or a doube teen fisting combo of both.

I can see why they'd air anime in Prime Time Slots, as that's where Naruto, One Piece,etc. air in the US and Canada. Naruto airs at 8 PM in Canada on Fridays, and at 9PM in the US on Saturdays(A weak ratings night, I'll give that one up). Thing is now, Naruto is the highest rated show on those two channels, following the paths of Fullmetal Alchemist, and InuYasha, both of whom aired in compeitive timeslots in Canada, both of which got great ratings. I don't know why you think it is cowardly of Jetix UK to air anime in prime time, infact I think that is brave of them, they know very well they'll probably get pummeled in the Ratings race, yet they still place shows there, as it's the time in which most people watch Television to get more exposure for shows like Naruto, and the such, sure looking at the North American Market isn't nearly reflective of the UK, but if Anime is usually a hit it Prime time in North America, people will follow.Also, if PrimeTime is a deathslot in the UK for Naruto I'd hate to see what airs at 5:00 AM( a slot in North America where most anime titles in which the channels who airs them with know it'll get no ratings so stuffs them there, also known as Dead Space or Dead Air Time, pretty much the equivalent to Infomercials).

Sorry for the mini-rant attack thingie I posted above :oops:

Primus said:
Conan-san said:
Seriously, nothing says "We have confidence in this show" than showing it into a 7.30p slot to get ravanged by Eastenders, Coronation street or a doube teen fisting combo of both.

I can see why they'd air anime in Prime Time Slots, as that's where Naruto, One Piece,etc. air in the US and Canada. Naruto airs at 8 PM in Canada on Fridays, and at 9PM in the US on Saturdays(A weak ratings night, I'll give that one up). Thing is now, Naruto is the highest rated show on those two channels, following the paths of Fullmetal Alchemist, and InuYasha, both of whom aired in compeitive timeslots in Canada, both of which got great ratings. I don't know why you think it is cowardly of Jetix UK to air anime in prime time, infact I think that is brave of them, they know very well they'll probably get pummeled in the Ratings race, yet they still place shows there, as it's the time in which most people watch Television to get more exposure for shows like Naruto, and the such, sure looking at the North American Market isn't nearly reflective of the UK, but if Anime is usually a hit it Prime time in North America, people will follow.Also, if PrimeTime is a deathslot in the UK for Naruto I'd hate to see what airs at 5:00 AM( a slot in North America where most anime titles in which the channels who airs them with know it'll get no ratings so stuffs them there, also known as Dead Space or Dead Air Time, pretty much the equivalent to Infomercials).

Yeah, American TV does it it later, the same with all kids shows, take TEENick for example, it starts at 8ish i think, and yeah its late, but in American homes; basic cable consists of Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon etc, so therefore children have it in their bedrooms, so they can watch their own shows, whilst they're guardians watch FOX or similar.

America without cable only has 3 channels, pretty much every householder has cable in America so therefore can get alright ratings.

Primus said:
Conan-san said:

[abrdiged]

What? I don't think it's cowardly, I think it's nothing short of fliping stupid, that's what I think it is!

Also, what the hell makes you think that stratagys in the US work over here, if memory serves rightly, Naruto was noted to (and from all I know/care still is) floundering in the ratings.
Why? Bad timings and horrific PR, the "new" Fans can't get to it and the "Old" fans don't want to bother due to edits.

Ok, with VJ and BO^7, it's only the timings that are off, but it does seem as if they're saying "You like anime? well screw you!".
I meen the number of Grosology airings is Patheic, they've run that into the ground in one month and conciding that show is weak to start with...same with Capn. Flamingo, Team Galaxy etc, etc.

It all stinks of the middle finger to me.

Conan-san said:
Primus said:
Conan-san said:

[abrdiged]

Also, what the hell makes you think that stratagys in the US work over here, if memory serves rightly, Naruto was noted to (and from all I know/care still is) floundering in the ratings.
Why? Bad timings and horrific PR, the "new" Fans can't get to it and the "Old" fans don't want to bother due to edits.

I Originally Posted said:
I can see why they'd air anime in Prime Time Slots, as that's where Naruto, One Piece,etc. air in the US and Canada. Naruto airs at 8 PM in Canada on Fridays, and at 9PM in the US on Saturdays(A weak ratings night, I'll give that one up). Thing is now, Naruto is the highest rated show on those two channels, following the paths of Fullmetal Alchemist, and InuYasha, both of whom aired in compeitive timeslots in Canada, both of which got great ratings. I don't know why you think it is cowardly of Jetix UK to air anime in prime time, infact I think that is brave of them, they know very well they'll probably get pummeled in the Ratings race, yet they still place shows there, as it's the time in which most people watch Television to get more exposure for shows like Naruto, and the such, sure looking at the North American Market isn't nearly reflective of the UK, but if Anime is usually a hit in Prime time in North America, people will follow.Also, if PrimeTime is a deathslot in the UK for Naruto I'd hate to see what airs at 5:00 AM( a slot in North America where most anime titles in which the channels who airs them with know it'll get no ratings so stuffs them there, also known as Dead Space or Dead Air Time, pretty much the equivalent to Infomercials).

Conan-san said:
I meen the number of Grosology airings is Patheic, they've run that into the ground in one month and conciding that show is weak to start with...same with Capn. Flamingo, Team Galaxy etc, etc

All of those series have something to do with Canada, Grossology being a 100% Canadian Production(Animation, Voice Acting, etc. Canadian) being created by Nelvana, the company which dubbed Card Captor Sakura, Beyblade, Medabots, Pandalian and is currently working on Bakugan: Battle Brawlers. Captain Flamingo being comisioned for a Canadian Channel(Meaning money for this show is from Canada), and voice acting done in Canada, animation is done in the Philipines. Team Galaxy's English dub is produced in Canada, the series was comisioned in the US, and animated in France. And most of these shows air 2 a week in thier native land...

Back