LOST

Loved it, but I understood why some people didn't.
And that has been practically confirmed it's Jack's eye, just with slightly trimmed eyelashes compared to his earlier eye moments.

I found it very enjoyable, though also a little frustrating, some of the characters in Lost are so stubborn it drives me crazy.

I am really interested in what this whole egyptian theme is since I have always been very interested in Egyptian history and mythology. Though I wonder how they can make it very original since the egyptian thing has been covered so much in other things.
I have seen alot of people speculating about the identity of the statue. Some suggesting it is Taweret or Sobek. Both of them have elements of their mythology that fits, but I don't think either of them quite looks right. I wonder if it is just made up.

And after all the speculating over which character would die for good we still don't really know, because we don't know the effect of the explosion. Though surely with Juliets actress now moving on to a new job it will be hard for her to reappear.

And now we all have to wait so long!
I will have to look out for viral stuff on the internet, though by the looks of that stuff you linked to Jayme I will be lucky if I understand any of it, lol!

ABC's website confirms its a Taweret, however bad the CGI artists are at making it. It's not a Sobek, of course, you could be correct and everything's just leading us to believe its something real. One of the things I like Lost fans have done is named Jacob's nemesis Esau, because of a biblical story. Well, Esau or Smokey. Both are fine to me.

And, You hear, Cuse and Lindelof have outright said there won't be any more story about Libby. Which is a bit crap. There's a video on Sky1.com with 'em. Not that I really trust them, since they said there won't be any time-travel in the show either......

Some interesting stuff about the CGI here.

EDIT: Haha @ the Twitter ARG being fake.

Jayme said:
Cuse and Lindelof have outright said there won't be any more story about Libby. Which is a bit crap.

I read the actress who played Libby said she didn't ever want to play the character again after she was killed off, I would've liked to see what the creators had planned for her but it's never gonna happen :(

Necromancer said:
Jayme said:
Cuse and Lindelof have outright said there won't be any more story about Libby. Which is a bit crap.

I read the actress who played Libby said she didn't ever want to play the character again after she was killed off, I would've liked to see what the creators had planned for her but it's never gonna happen :(
Michael's guy is a bit of a dick as well. He said something along the lines of "If I knew I was going to come back to die, being black and all that - I wouldn't off. I'd only come back now if I know my full story in advance"

Libby's doesn't seem to be, as far as I'm aware, as hostile. It's not like she hasn't appeared after her death.

Jayme said:
Libby's doesn't seem to be, as far as I'm aware, as hostile. It's not like she hasn't appeared after her death.

Necromancer is right. Damon & Carlton have specifically come out and said that they've asked her to come back to tell her story and she has refused.
Not much they can do about it..

It's a bit silly really. They both got parts on a hugely successful series. Many actors would love that kind of exposure.
I was quite disappointed though that either character had to die, as I felt that both could have made more of a contribution.

I'm really curious about Locke, is he alive, is he dead? Is the person we thought was Locke this whole season actually Jacob's friend? And what would that mean for all the other 'ghosts' that have appeared.

Charter_Mage said:
I'm really curious about Locke, is he alive, is he dead? Is the person we thought was Locke this whole season actually Jacob's friend? And what would that mean for all the other 'ghosts' that have appeared.

On one of the flashbacks for Jacob, it showed Jacob on the sand, and a man came up to him. Jacob asked "have you found out how to kill me yet?" and the man replies "no, but i will eventually find a loophole", or something like that. And when 'Locke' brought Ben to kill Jacob, Jacob said "so you've found the loophole". So, the loophole was that he pretended to be Locke, then pursuaded Ben to kill Jacob (because Jacob's nemesis somehow can't kill him otherwise).

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, Ben sucked this series. Totally lost all self motivation and everything that made him so interesting to begin with. And they killed off faraday!. The only character still worth watching is Desmond and he wasn't even in this series!

Ben, and Michael Emerson have been utterly amazing this season. Even Matthew Fox seemingly stepped up his game a bit. Mostly everyone else was great, as well.

Also, Yagami, that's just a theory.

I'd say Smokey is Locke, and Christian and for the lulz of it, probably Richard Alpert. Constantly fighting with Jacob (or trying to find Jacob), as per the Jacob and Esau biblical story.

Yagami said:
On one of the flashbacks for Jacob, it showed Jacob on the sand, and a man came up to him. Jacob asked "have you found out how to kill me yet?" and the man replies "no, but i will eventually find a loophole", or something like that. And when 'Locke' brought Ben to kill Jacob, Jacob said "so you've found the loophole". So, the loophole was that he pretended to be Locke, then pursuaded Ben to kill Jacob (because Jacob's nemesis somehow can't kill him otherwise).
Lol, I wasn't asleep when watching those episodes :wink: . I picked up on that link, but if it was just Jacobs friend pretending to be Locke how would he know information that only Locke should know, and how did he take on Lockes form?

I thought Ben was pretty good this season, his continued ruthlessness only made his character more interesting.
Refering to the previous topicI wonder what it is that made Ben the one that had to kill Jacob, surely that is connected to why Jacob never acknowledged Ben.

ComicCon's come a knocking, which means a new official Alternate Reality Game has started.

Lost University

Looks interesting, and join up now to be enrolled for 22nd September '09, the date the plane crashed, five years ago.

good timing that this thread is here, lol, im downloading the pilot of LOST atm, heard so much about it, i finally decided to check it out.

THE FINAL SEASON!

lost_supper2-1.jpg

I'm so freaking excited. IT'S LOST-DAY EVERYONE!

I've been counting down the hours all day, all week even. Screw that, since the season 5 finale I've been waiting for this. It's going to be revelatory, confusing as frak and downright spectacular. I've also avoided all post US-airing spoilers. The final season is here! In a couple of hours!

S06E03 - What Kate Does:

This might be a first, but I actually really enjoyed myself watching a Kate episode. I'm loving these flash-sideways, a lot! The on-island stuff was also incredibly stellar: what is Sayid now, anyway? What was the burning about? Would Smokey react different? What's Fake Locke doing? and as much as I loved the island stuff, I was taken aback by how damn awesome the LA-verse stuff is - Kate can remember Jack? Or something, they live deja vu, because amazingly, Claire called Aaron Aaron (which I loved) and God, there are so many questions... did the husband still leave in the women who were going to adopt Aaron in island-verse. I loved the fact that Ethan was going to deliver Aaron and was incredibly sympathetic and nice to them all, he's a brilliant OMG character - which suggests that nobody ever went on the island? Ethan got off the island before it sank or something? I dunno. I figure Ethan got a lift on the sub with his mother before it sank.

Back on-island, Jack had that wonderful scene with Sayid and Sayid was all "I trust you completely" to Jack on whether he should take the poison pill. I also shed a tear (and felt emotionally ruined) when Sawyer was talking about it was himself who killed Juliet and his intentions to marry her. This, to me, seems to show that our James Ford is well and truly not part of the love-triangle no more, and her having a reunion with Jack is also unlikely, IMO.

Oh, lastly, Claire is back, on-island, and poisoned by the same **** that Sayid is and for all we know, all of them are. Which is amazing. Like the entire episode.

/has just realised he's written loads.

Lost: Sci-fi vs Fantasy

Not really enjoyed this season of Lost. Its good, but definitely not as good as the highs of S4.

I liked the Sci-fi aspects of S4, and that was toned down in S5, but it was still quite good. This season, most of the Sci-fi elements are gone, from the time travelling to the sci-fi apparatus (like the various stations e.g. swan, pearl, including the one off the Island, for tracking the location of the Island itself). They still have the alternate reality story in which Jack is a father and Locke is still with his GF, but other than that the Sci-fi is gone, and back to medieval temples with no electricity (other when electrocuting Sayid).

I prefer Sci-fi to fantasy/mythological, and as it has been seen, the ratings for Lost (in US at least) dropped as Lost became more Sci-fi. I think that’s why they have been toning down on the Sci-fi last season, and even more this season, hoping to get some fans back.

Anyway, at least there’s still, Fringe, FlashForward, V and Human Target for us Sci-fi fans, especially as Lost is ending this year. I would start a Thread about those, but I’m a little behind with the first two, and haven’t started the last two yet (might watch it on Sci-Fi Channel, or might dl HD eps – I unluckily have Virgin and Sci-fi is not in HD on it yet).

I'm not sure I completely agree with the sci-fi overtones being toned down. It's entire mythology is based upon it now, there's no erasing it, but the focus on this season is building up the characters to where they will be once the show ends. Something I started to appreciate upon a second full viewing is that the characters are damn well good and I'm invested in them more than any situation or location they might be thrown into. It's why I enjoyed season 5 so much, it had the perfect amount of spectacular science fiction and interesting developments coupled with some great character moments. This season has felt very much a mixture of season 1 and 4 - I really enjoyed The Lighthouse because of that fact. I like seeing my Losties not being in the know that much. I found Psycho Claire pretty intriguing. I also did love The Substitute (but who didn't?) because it didn't simply rehash what we already knew about the Locke... much, and it had the fabulous Katey Sagal.

Anyway, Friday is still Lost-Day. It hasn't delivered triumphantly but I'm enjoying it a lot. I like the characters that Darlton deliver to me, and I think I'm more interested in where they go more than what the freaking Island is? It's beyond that point now.

Lost has more sci-fi in its veins than FlashForward ever has, and Human Target? That's just not very good. I haven't watched V yet and Fringe I don't particularly like but something creeps bringing me back - and no, its not Pacey. Caprica is giving me my robot fix.

The mythology of lost might be based on Sci-fi, but there isn't much Scifi currently in the series, other then the alternate reality story. I mean, in the last two seasons we had the time travelling (Desmond's and the rest of the islanders), moving the entire Island, the time continuty differences between the Island and the rest of the world, explanations for it, info about how to get off the Island and why its so hard to find it, etc.

Anyway, the characters, most of my favourite 4 are gone. Faraday (as he provided more answers to questions than anyone else, and he was just a cool Scientist), Charlie (who didn't like him), Desmond (maybe becuase he's British, and was an underdog in trying to win the respect of Mr Widmore - who doesn't like rooting for the underdog) and Sayid (luckily still around). Sawyers good for laughs, but can quickly get tiring (imagine an entire episode of Sawyer 1 liners) and Jack, I respect but is too stuborn for his own good. Kate, doesn't know what she wants. Hurley, Miles, Jin, Sun, all good secondary characters, but you couln't market Lost soley on these characters.

I know it sounds like I only have complaints about Lost, I enjoy it, but its not as fun as it used to be. Gone down from 'must see' to 'will see' (heck I've even waited a few days and watched some of the eps on Sky 1).

I'm not particularly concerned about the Island (mostly got that figured out), but hope to find a justified answer as to who exactlky smokey and Jacob are.

FlashForward is scifi entirely becuase of the premise, but not too much else, I know. Humand Target, I know its based on a comic book and not much else. V has aliens (pretty aliens as well with the 'companion' from FireFly in it). Fringe, even standalone eps I look forward to, becuase of the crazy 'fringe' science aspect of it, even with the 'monster of the week' format (I usually hate those types of shows, prefer something much more serial).

Back