Manchester MCM Expo

Yeah, my idea kinda fell through... I've just stuck to the badge. We should be in the area just before 10am. I still look the same in the photo thread (just invert the t-shirt + sleeveless top and look for the Linkin Park/AUKN badges on my front).

Chaz said:
Yeah, my idea kinda fell through... I've just stuck to the badge. We should be in the area just before 10am. I still look the same in the photo thread (just invert the t-shirt + sleeveless top and look for the Linkin Park/AUKN badges on my front).

before 9am he means, look for the k-on fan boy :D

*After recovering from the loss of his DestinyBlue autographed pictures...*
Well, I just couldn't hack the whole day... Luckily, we were part of the "1st 1000 people" and go some free gear. It was pretty much a series of events as follows:
Get in - lash out the wallet - horde the vendors - walk around 5 times - meet Craig Charles - look around more - view robots - meet friends - greet artists - look for some decent doujins... - Leave soon after.

I am exhausted and was thrilled to be there. I wish my feet said the same thing. But what a culture shock - I felt like Kagami/Tsukasa from Lucky Star.

Things : managed to bring back with me are:
Ryomou Armour edition figure
Sheryl Nome "Excellent model series" figure
Quebeley model (Just cuz Haman had one...)
Izumi Konata miniture (fox anthro on star base)
2 Fate/Stay Night Neinoids - Sakura + Ilya
Bamboo Blades Complete
4 .hack titles (manga) = 4Koma, Link vol.3, Cell vol. 2, A.I.Buster (to replace lost one).
"Smeg Head" Red Dwarf t-shirt
Freebies = 2x Kamui the Lone Ninja dvds, 2x Avengers comic, door hangers (Green lantern), MVM catalog with a nice Burst angels image, postcards (Akira+Eva 2.22) and other stuff.

As for myself, I was satisfied with Evangelion 2.22. Due to the size of the hall being only a quarter to a third of that of London's event, there was little else that caught my discerning eye.

Except for Ryo, that is.

Hmm I was a little disappointed by the size and selection of stalls.

I felt that they were worried that the comic/anime side wouldn't pull in the crowds and had to pad it out with Sports bits and only use part of the floor space. They only used about 1/3 of the Gmex and it was far too cramped with the number of people who turned up.

I was impressed with the cosplay though, and some of it was very impressive. Though as usual a little Naruto and Bleech heavy...

Some pics!

bleech.jpg

furry1.jpg

creeper.jpg

snowtrooper.jpg

elric.jpg

SilkSpectre.jpg

cathelmet.jpg

stormtrooper.jpg

It was great to meet Ryo, Chaz and Hokum for the first time as well as talk to Zin5ki again (even though you blamed me for everything)

Here is everything I got from the Expo: (music CD's were from my trip to the city centre)

DSCN1175.jpg

and my new Mayuri figure, Tu-tu-ruu~:

DSCN1176.jpg

You should try the Turbo Tango - That's an interesting phenomena.
I'll see if I can get some pictures up soon, from myself or by prodding Ryo with a tazer. :p

Back