UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Manga Entertainment Discussion Th

Manga UK have posted a Facebook message stating exciting news to come #watchthisspace.

Looks like there not dead in the water yet. Wonder what it is though.

Dan said:
Manga UK have posted a Facebook message stating exciting news to come #watchthisspace.

I'll be keeping my expectations at rock bottom, pretty much sitting where Mangas reputation is with me right now....It will no doubt be something I'm not interested in anyway.

Buzzkillington said:
Dan said:

I'll be keeping my expectations at rock bottom, pretty much sitting where Mangas reputation is with me right now....It will no doubt be something I'm not interested in anyway.
Maybe they'll shock us all and announce High School DxD New! or possibly destroy what remains of there fan base and announce High School DxD New... DVD only :D

Jon O Fun said:
Buzzkillington said:
Dan said:

Maybe they'll shock us all and announce High School DxD New! or possibly destroy what remains of there fan base and announce High School DxD New... DVD only :D

It better be good or I would expect a huge backlash on social media.

Jojo's perhaps - considering the timing of the Viz statement? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Jon O Fun said:
Maybe (didn't the 1st part sell really well for them?), but that's not really my jam so would be of no interest to me lol someone below said Jojo's, it would take something of that size to get me to care to be honest.

The only other properly 'massive' thing I can think of is the Evangelion series box set - but now that definitely feels too good to be true.

Lutga said:
The only other properly 'massive' thing I can think of is the Evangelion series box set - but now that definitely feels too good to be true.

Or the original Fullmetal Alchemist blu ray boxset.

Lutga said:
Jojo's perhaps - considering the timing of the Viz statement? Or is that just wishful thinking?

If it's JoJo, I will explode. :eek:

It's not going to be JoJo...

that's my prediction anyway.

I would however be throwing money at it if it was... *smile*

Going by Manga's recent track record I'm not sure I'd be that happy if it was Jojo's or Evangelion....

Jon O Fun said:
Going by Manga's recent track record I'm not sure I'd be that happy if it was Jojo's or Evangelion....

One thing to note about Evangelion, Manga will 'have' to use Funimation's masters for 3.33. Given how Studio Khara are so picky about the dub, and are creating their own subtitles, and given how Manga tend to screw up the subtitles on the discs they master, if they screw up Evangelion 3.33, they'll lose the licence.

Just Passing Through said:
Right now a Manga announcement equates to 'what will I be importing next?' for me.
Same, I was all prepared to get their releases of Ben-to & Good Luck Girl but as soon as they announced DVD only I ordered FUNi's version which I didn't want to do as I'd rather support the UK industry :(

Manga's new mantra.

You already dislike us, now we're going to make you hate us!

Seriously, that was their big reveal? So disappointed it's like they are trolling us.
I really want to support them as they released so many great films in years past, but now they are a shell of a company to me. Much like RARE is in the gaming world. They're only held up by their name, not the same people/passion as there used to be.

After reading their tweet, it seems it could be Bleach, SERIOUSLY! They need to reword their future tweets, I was expecting some major announcement. Something new. Maybe it's still a major seller?

So their big announcement is something that another company releases, which they distribute, another instalment in an ongoing series (incidentally a series I loathe), so nothing new, and they don't even have a date for it.

I'm so excited by this I just wet myself.

Other companies should learn to make big announcements like this.

Huh, Manga UK have announced they'll be distributing Nisekoi: False Love for the UK.

Season 1 Part 1 will be here sometime in Q2, Blu-ray and other details have yet to be confirmed.

However I believe this is a sub-license from Kaze, unless someone proves me wrong. Hmm.. Kaze Germany have distributed it but Kaze France haven't, but it is on Animax UK.

---

Off topic, but if Manga UK randomly announced they'll be distributing Chunibyo! then expect a very poor treatment if Kaze is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back