UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Manga Entertainment Discussion Th

See, what I really want to know is:

Ghost In The Shell: Arise, borders 3 and 4. When, and on blu ray, or not? I'm holding off buying the first part until I know.

I don't think even Manga would be stupid enough to not release GITS on Blu-Ray - the first part was easily one of their biggest sellers last year.

HdE said:
See, what I really want to know is:

Ghost In The Shell: Arise, borders 3 and 4. When, and on blu ray, or not? I'm holding off buying the first part until I know.

They better release it on Blu-Ray. I think even I would stop buying their stuff if they don't and I'm hell of a lot more patient with them than most people.

Perhaps I worry prematurely. I mean, the 3rd and 4th parts aren't even out Stateside yet, are they?

The issue of whether the whole thing is available on Blu ray in the fullness of time is a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid.

And let's get all of GITS: SAC on blu ray as well, huh? I'll sell kidneys for that!
(Not MY kidney, though, you understand.)

[Surreptitiously pulls rug over the bloodied body of a hobo he dragged off the street earlier.]

GITS: SAC is out in South-Korea with English dub and subs, and hey i still have both my kidneys :D

2nd Gig comes in April.

UK edition, or I'm not playing!

[Foot stamp]

According to Andy Hanley of UK Anime Network on Twitter, Manga UK's Harlock: Space Pirate blu-ray has no extras and only features the English dub, whereas the DVD only features the Japanese audio, with the bonus "Making Of" only being on the DVD disc.

Joshawott said:
According to Andy Hanley of UK Anime Network on Twitter, Manga UK's Harlock: Space Pirate blu-ray has no extras and only features the English dub, whereas the DVD only features the Japanese audio, with the bonus "Making Of" only being on the DVD disc.

Is there any reason? It seems really weird making language tracks format exclusive, not to mention the DVD having extras while the blu ray misses out.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Joshawott said:

Is there any reason? It seems really weird making language tracks format exclusive, not to mention the DVD having extras while the blu ray misses out.

I think Toei is responsible for making the original version DVD only, though as for anything else I blame Manga themselves.

Well, that's another Manga release I'm glad I didn't buy o_O

R

I thought the DVD was coming bundled with the BD version?

If not then that's a whole different level of stoopid.

Cheese 'n' rice... how hard is it to just sell a movie and NOT screw it up?

Makes me glad i got the Hong Kong blu ray release last year.

That's a pretty poor showing, screwing up the language options like that - especially as this is ostensibly a 'collector's' edition with the steel book and everything.

Aaannndd.. pre-order cancelled.

That's £20 probably going to an MVM release now.
I will just watch it on Netflix, no way am I buying a collectors steelbook for a dubbed only movie. How can it be a licensing issue when the Australian release had the subtitle on Blu-Ray, didn't it?

Thought i would like to share that i got mine from YesAsia and i glad i did as to be fair i believe its a better release than Manga's.

Gemsy-chan said:
Thought i would like to share that i got mine from YesAsia and i glad i did as to be fair i believe its a better release than Manga's.

The Australian release is worse than the UK release,

English on BD
English on DVD
Japanese version only on the Blu-ray DVD combo

Manga at least are selling it as BD/DVD combo and DVD 2-disc set, so you get the Japanese version regardless of which release you buy.

Pity the poor Americans. They don't even get the Blu-ray.

I think Toei stiffed the rest of the planet when it comes to the original language version.

Getting theoretical for a second, if Manga hadn't gone through their much publicised issues at the moment/left Starz/had Jerome etc. depart, what titles do you think they would have pushed out by this point beyond what they have actually released?

Lutga said:
Getting theoretical for a second, if Manga hadn't gone through their much publicised issues at the moment/left Starz/had Jerome etc. depart, what titles do you think they would have pushed out by this point beyond what they have actually released?

We would have had the second half of Ghost in the Shell Arise by now, and Hellsing Ultimate 9 and 10 for definite

Maybe Aquarion EVOL, D-Frag!, Darker than Black BD, Date a Live, Freezing Season 2, Heaven's Lost Property, and most definitely Wanna Be The Strongest in the World.

And we'd still have Fairy Tail on Blu-ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back