MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

I like how MCM picked up Monster Musume; I just hope the BBFC do too :p

I can definitely see the TV broadcast version getting an 18 certificate, but I wonder if the home video additions might push the BBFC's boundaries a little to far? Then again, it could get a 15, considering DxD. Depends who views it on the day I guess.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

The show I'd be more concerned about with the BBFC is Prison School, which rather overtly and quite aggressively sexualises school children. From what I've seen of Monster Musume, everyone is plausibly over the age of 16, so it'll probably get away with it.

Buzz201 said:
The show I'd be more concerned about with the BBFC is Prison School, which rather overtly and quite aggressively sexualises school children. From what I've seen of Monster Musume, everyone is plausibly over the age of 16, so it'll probably get away with it.

It will be a full 18 I expect lets hope fully uncut

thedoctor2016 said:
It will be a full 18 I expect lets hope fully uncut

I don't know about an 18, I think most of the sex humour is 15 level stuff, it's the frequent shots of seemingly-underage teenagers in various states of undress that would be the problem (and to be honest, I can probably do without it).

Tbh re:prison school. if there's one company I would put my faith in to get through BBFC with as few cuts as possible if would be AL.
On a different topic. The MCM party ran out of Captain Morgan. Then they ran out of Bacardi. So it was onto the JD. not good. hope this doesn't get too rough.

msgeek said:
Tbh re:prison school. if there's one company I would put my faith in to get through BBFC with as few cuts as possible if would be AL.
On a different topic. The MCM party ran out of Captain Morgan. Then they ran out of Bacardi. So it was onto the JD. not good. hope this doesn't get too rough.

They were surprised TG got a 15 so they don't Really aim for 15s or etc

Prison School is a licence I'm iffy on, mainly because nothing I've seen from it hints at a plot and just institutionalised violence.

Round-up on all of the Day 2 announcements:

Anime Limited:
New Announcements:
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
- Claymore [Blu-ray]
- Prison School
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate

New Updates:
- Claymore's Blu-ray release is scheduled for 2016
- Ninja Slayer From Animation will be coming to Blu-ray in 2016
- Tokyo ESP will be coming to Blu-ray in February 2016
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate is scheduled for 2016

MVM Entertainment:
New Announcements:
- GATE
- Hanamonogatari
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)

New Updates:
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Part 1 due March 23rd on Blu-ray Collector's Edition and DVD.
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray CE will feature the same model as Hanabee with artbox, poster, artbook etc.

----------------

I didn't think Ninja Slayer would receive a Blu-ray release, you know because of the animation looking like 480p.

tIJ1X59.gif
DCSJrFj.gif

REMINDER:

The Sunrise Panel will start soon (12:00pm UK time), this will cover the latest Gundam news for the UK. The panel was originally scheduled for after Gundam Origin but due to various reasons it was moved to its own panel the next day.

The Anime Limited Panel Part 2 starts straight after.

NormanicGrav said:
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray CE will feature the same model as Hanabee with artbox, poster, artbook etc.
Hopefully the artbox will be clean like Hanabee's.

Emulsion said:
NormanicGrav said:
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray CE will feature the same model as Hanabee with artbox, poster, artbook etc.
Doubt it tbh

thedoctor2016 said:
Emulsion said:
NormanicGrav said:
Doubt it tbh
I doubt it too, but we can always hope.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

True but I'm getting the AUS ver as I'm not waiting 4 months for the same box potentially without o ring and BBFC logos over the discs

NormanicGrav said:
Mangaranga said:
Mental note to self - ask about Haruhi masters tomorrow >_<

Ask about the Claymore masters as well if you can please?
Apparently the JP BD used Funi's masters, but Andrew will check. Also unsure about Haruhi. More announcements later today too! If anybody is around at expo still, MVM are giving out free Love Live movie posters.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

I never really got the big obsession with clean art boxes. Half the time it's on a shelf anyway so you don't really see the box that much anyway and if there were no BBFC logos on the spine it would look inconsistent with the rest of my shelf. O Cards have a tendency to get damaged easily and rip so I'm generally against them. Would boxes look better without logos and stuff? Sure. Would I ever consider it a deal breaker or anything? Never. The UK logos are generally small enough for them not to be a bother. I'd take a bit more issue if they were the size of the Australian ratings.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I never really got the big obsession with clean art boxes. Half the time it's on a shelf anyway so you don't really see the box that much anyway and if there were no BBFC logos on the spine it would look inconsistent with the rest of my shelf. O Cards have a tendency to get damaged easily and rip so I'm generally against them. Would boxes look better without logos and stuff? Sure. Would I ever consider it a deal breaker or anything? Never. The UK logos are generally small enough for them not to be a bother. I'd take a bit more issue if they were the size of the Australian ratings.

Clean discs I prefer and therefore I always put AUS releases before UK tbh

Again, discs. Something you look at for two seconds before you put it into your BD player.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Again, discs. Something you look at for two seconds before you put it into your BD player.
So if the two seconds are more pleasing then it's fine

The discs I'm not bothered by due to them being in the case or player. It's the artbox I would prefer be clean.

It just seems something daft to get so worked up over. I'd much prefer to support the UK industry than have a clean looking disc which you barely look at anyway.

Back