MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Animatsu/Manga UK Panel Started

Question is Free hated as many people criticize for wanting a UK release as its rubbish (not to me it in my top 10)

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

Round-up on all of the Day 1 announcements:

Anime Limited:
New Announcements:
- Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
- Tokyo ESP

New Updates:
- Beck had issues with the masters that Anime Limited are trying to correct. With the delay, they're checking if a Blu-ray release is possible.
- Durarara!!x2 Shou confirmed for one complete season set, scheduled for February 2016.
- Expelled from Paradise is scheduled for a January 25th release on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress is now scheduled for an early January 2016 release.
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan is digital rights only so far.
- Makoto Shinkai: Voices of a Distant Star/Place Promised in Our Early Days Pack set for February 2016. Steelbook release is possible.
- Miss Hokusai is scheduled for a March 2016 DVD and Blu-ray release.
- Ping Pong the Animation set for January 11th, plans afoot for extra bits for the Collector's Edition.
- Terror in Resonance will be released as a Blu-ray/DVD Ultimate Edition set in March/April 2016.
- Tokyo ESP is scheduled for February 2016.

Anime Limited (Sunrise's Gundam franchise):
- Turn A Gundam
*more to be announced at Sunrise panel*

Animatsu Entertainment:
New Announcements:
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2
- Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?)
- My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2
- School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!)

New Updates:
- Akame ga Kill will be getting a "special release" - this will be announced on October 30th, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Animatsu Entertainment don't have the second season of Chaika yet, but they're waiting for it to be offered to them.
- Jerome may go after the Haikyuu!! film but he's also interested in Yowamushi Pedal but hasn't put an offer in yet.

KAZE UK (OH DEAR):
New Announcements:
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito)
- One Punch Man

New Updates:
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Set 1 (OVA 1 & 2) set for March 21st.
- Persona 4 the Animation will be released as a Complete Series Collection via Kaze on DVD and DVD/Blu-ray combo formats.

Manga Entertainment UK:
New Announcements:
- None

New Updates:
- Attack on Titan Part 1 live-action movie set for cinemas on December 2nd.
- Boruto: Naruto the Movie is coming to cinemas on November 10th.
- Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F is now coming on home video on January 25th 2016 - DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition formats confirmed.
- Evangelion 3.33 will be released in the UK on 7th March, on DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
- Mamoru Oshii live-action film Garm Wars is coming to the UK on 4th March 2016.
- Yakuza Apocalypse live-action move set for cinemas on January 2nd 2016.

Important note regarding Manga & Funimation:
- High School DxD New will also not be released by Manga Entertainment as they can't get the UK rights from FUNimation Entertainment any more.
- FUNimation Entertainment have "other plans" for UK rights of their properties, but it's unknown what they are.
- The rights to Hellsing Ultimate IX & X are now gone.

----------------

My thoughts on Kaze's latest evil deeds:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

Would have liked Anime Limited to get School Live but oh well. Hyped for Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as I've wanted to see it for ages. Wish Anime Limited didn't waste money getting Ninja Slayer and got something more worthwhile. Oh well. Very happy to see an Eva release date that isn't too far off, hopefully it sticks.

Kat didn't even know about melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. Jeremy sprung it on her onstage... (I guess that bit could have been staged but seemed legit). Good number of announcements for the first day. Hope there's more to come!

I think School-Live! is in safe hands at Animatsu/Manga; there seems to be some passion for the show there, which is always a good thing.

So far, Animatsu/Manga are winning this Comic Con for me in regards to licenses. Food Wars, Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and School-Live are definitely releases I'm excited about and I'm very intrigued to hear about what they have planned for Akame ga Kill.
I am disappointed however, about High School DxD New. I really hope FUNimation aren't planning to enter the market themselves, because I think we have enough distributors here as it is.

From Anime Limited's front, I'll without a doubt be picking up a copy of Miss Hokusai. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was a great pick-up, but I still own Beez's Limited Edition DVD releases (in the fancy chipboard box =3).

Can't say anything from today is particularly exciting for me. I hope Anime Limited have more than those 4 as that is a really poor lineup imo, I might try The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but who knows. Humanity Has Declined looks downright silly so I may give it a bash too but it's been pretty meh thus far.

Aww Arslan is digital-only for now?

Ninja Slayer could be a massive hit with the confused slightly-drunken lad crowd if pitched correctly.

The shows I would most want to support are already on my shelves via the US ^^; but I'll probably get the AL movies.

R

Being as I literally only buy Anime Limited titles nowadays, I too hope they have a few more licenses, but tbh, the next 6 months or so are loaded with stuff I want to watch. Haruhi is a great license for me as it's something I've never watched and have a desire to see.

Will look to go back and support some Animatsu releases, and stuff like Food Wars, is it wrong. ...and my love story definitely look like id enjoy them.

From what I can gather, I feel the Anime Limited release of Haruhi Suzumiya is going to be interesting.

It's pretty clear that Anime Ltd got the license from Kadokawa so don't expect this release to be waiting for Funimation. Funimation have both seasons and I expect them to release it in the proper Haruhi order (Season 1 mixed into Season 2). In terms of the masters this is the problematic part, there are two versions for Season 1 - the one used in the original 'Haruhi order' BD-Box and the Season 1 'Kyon order' re-release BD-Box. The version released in the Season 1 BD-Box is apparently worse than the first set. Not to mention both BD-Boxes have both English dub and subtitles.

So the question is, will the UK release be based on the original BD-Box in Haruhi order or use the Season 1 BD-Box in Kyon order?

Some great announcements this Comic Con so far.

Anime Limited:
Good to see that they've got Haruhi Season 1, wonder if there's a chance they could do a blu-ray release with it having one in japan. If it's just DVD only it'll be a pass from me as i own the Beez set. I think we all expected them to pick up Expelled From Paradise, while i found it enjoyable it's not one i'm eager to pick up, i'll probably get it if it's a cheap standard edition. Only heard average to bad things about Ninja Slayer so i'm not that interested in it. Never heard of Tokyo ESP.

Animatsu:
Animatsu have licensed quite a few shows i'm interested in: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 1 & 2 and School-Live! Are all of Animatsu's licenses sub-only Sentai releases ?

Kaze:
Not surprised they've got the Code Geass Akito The Exiled OVAs (given they have the main series) and One Punch Man. Won't be getting either of them from Kaze though (just cuz they're Kaze). Wouldn't surprise me if the Persona 4 Complete set is just the individual releases in a slip box like they did with Mardock Scramble :lol:

Manga UK:
Good to see the Evangelion 3.33 release date is less than a month after the USA release, that should stop most people from importing it.

As others have said wouldn't surprise me if Funimation open a UK branch to release their licenses here given they've refused to conduct business with Manga UK now. I would actually like them to open a UK branch if they essentially just add BBFC logos to their releases and release them here. Would save importing most of their releases then. Just sucks for those who have the UK releases of Hellsing Ultimate & High School DxD.

Well, sad to hear about One Punch Man and Code Geass: Akito the Exiled going to Kazé as I probably won't be picking them up now.

From Animatsu's lot I'll definitely be picking up Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?, My Love Story!! and potentially Food Wars. I honestly thought Humanity Has Declined had already been licensed and released by MVM, knowing that was not true I am glad to see it make its way to the UK as I found it pretty fun. Nice as it is to see Amagi Brilliant Park, where is my Hyouka guys? :p

From Anime Limited I'll be picking up Tokyo ESP as it sounds like something that is right up my street. Nice to see about the ultimate set of Terror in Resonance as I've been really excited to own that series since it aired, and I'll probably be buying the Durarara!!x2 Shou set as well. I can't say anything else they've announced interests me beyond the Place Promised steelbook, but I've had my eye on that set for awhile now anyways.

Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou) - my interest in this has faded to virtually nothing. It'll take a lot to get me interested.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1 - already own the beez release so not interested in buying again. Good for those that don't have it, though (I think I was one of the last people to get it before it started becoming rare).
NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION - dropped this. Won't buy
Tokyo ESP - never got around to starting but still have the episodes downloaded waiting to be watched. Might try a couple of them and if it looks good I'll go out and buy it.

Amagi Brilliant Park - dropped this. Won't buy.
Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) - Will get.
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma - never got round to starting. Might give it a try to see if it's worth it.
Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2 - not interested in any sports anime. Unless you count stuff like Chihayafuru...
Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) - dropped as it aired but felt repeated twinges of conscious ever since. In all honesty I think I might really enjoy this if I give it another try.
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?) - will get.
My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!) - set to on hold, but if I pick it up again it'll be on CR, not physical release, so won't get.
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2 - will get both.
School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!) - will get.

Kaze stuff - Kaze stuff.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Good to see that they've got Haruhi Season 1, wonder if there's a chance they could do a blu-ray release with it having one in japan.
Blu-ray has already been confirmed =3.

re all of Animatsu's licenses sub-only Sentai releases ?
I imagine their releases will end up being almost identical to Sentai Filmworks'. So if Sentai releases a series as sub-only, so will Manga UK. Likewise, if Sentai include a dub, so will Manga.

NormanicGrav said:
So the question is, will the UK release be based on the original BD-Box in Haruhi order or use the Season 1 BD-Box in Kyon order?

A new Mikuru order. As for what that entails...
mikuru.jpg

(Not serious).

Might as well cover my thoughts on this day, since I haven't done it already. I'm currently working on a blog post that summarised the announcements but it's not done yet, heh.

Anime Limited:
New Announcements:
- Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou) - I already own the Aniplex release, still haven't watched it yet.
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1 - I may end up going for the Japanese set or the upcoming Funi set.
- NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION - I honestly really enjoyed this in the end, it's one of those 'don't take it seriously' shows. Will buy.
- Tokyo ESP - I liked Ga-Rei: Zero but I've heard this anime is not as good as the manga. I'll buy it eventually.

Animatsu Entertainment:
New Announcements:
- Amagi Brilliant Park - It's done by KyoAni and has Waifu girls. Will buy.
- Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) - I've heard the name, will probably wait and see how this goes.
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma - Loved the show. Will buy.
- Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2 - Absolutely glad that Jerome is giving this a chance. Will buy for the future of sports anime.
- Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) - I've heard the name, will probably wait and see how this goes.
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?) - Enjoyed the show. Will buy.
- My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!) - Loved the show. Will buy.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2 - Rather hyped for this show. Will buy.
- School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!) - Very surprised by how the anime turned out. I'll buy it eventually.

KAZE UK (OH DEAR):
New Announcements:
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) - OH MY GAWD
- One Punch Man - OH NOOO

The Terror In Resonance soundtrack would be a good idea for the upcoming Ultimate Edition
hint hint, AL
But I don't know how likely that is... The price on Funi's LE is higher than average too so there could be something.

I'm not sure about Haruhi... It's something I'd buy but the prospect of buying season 1 from AL on Blu-ray and season 2 from Manga on DVD kills me inside

Last edited by a moderator:

Haruhi season 1 is the best season. Also it was originally broadcast in the wrong order so it if watched it that order it stands alone to some degree.

NormanicGrav said:
(…)
- Tokyo ESP - I liked Ga-Rei: Zero but I've heard this anime is not as good as the manga. I'll buy it eventually.

The show tanked horribly in japan. I followed the simulcast as I enjoyed the manga and the -very- low sales didn't impress me. The first episode is original content like GRZ but it's badly executed and it is completly out of context compared to the manga (and the director of this episode doesn't know what espers are). As for the rest of the series there are some good and bad parts. The main problem is that they tried to fit a 6 volumes story into 11 episodes.

I'm interested in quite a few of the titles that have been announced, I wouldn't get everything but it's actually pretty close.

Humanity Has Declined is an interesting one, I already have the Sentai release (which would presumably be the same) but I'd be tempted to buy it just to support Animatsu releasing this kind of thing. I enjoyed the show quite a bit, although it's quite strange and a tough one to describe. I think the show is worth looking into and giving a go if you're still undecided.

Back