UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Some interesting nuggets in the comments section:

"Will this be using @discotekmedia’s disc?”

MVM Entertainment: It will be. But our release will just be BD only.

"Will this be an LE or just a standard BD release?”

MVM Entertainment: We'd like to do a CE but artwork is limited at this point, so there might not be enough to do anything. But it's still early days.

"Good news! Any chance of Texhnolyze on Blu-ray for more the ABe collection?”

MVM Entertainment: It's definitely something we would like to bring back, as well as Welcome to the NHK (which was also ABe designs).

"Any chance you could partner with @MediaOCD to give those titles a Blu-ray release rather than just DVD?”

MVM Entertainment: We would only re-release on BD if the opportunity arose.

Who said that NieA_7 was the only license?
@Relaxo In April MVM said that they are working with Discotek on trying to bring a title out so I assume NieA_7 is that title since they are using Discotek's discs. Let's hope my assumption is wrong.

Edit: MVM confirmed that my assumption was correct.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1686328979707.png
    chrome_screenshot_1686328979707.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@Relaxo In April MVM said that they are working with Discotek on trying to bring a title out so I assume NieA_7 is that title since they are using Discotek's discs. Let's hope my assumption is wrong.
This was the title I was referring to. We're hoping to work with Discotek for more potential releases. End of the day it's down to whether UK rights are available.

New Deal of the Week is Devils' Line Blu-ray for £9.99.

Ordered. That's another one off my list. 📝

Berserk CE re-release has been dispatched.

Bugger! I completely forgot to order it when it was up for early bird. It's still great that MVM were able to re-release the series again. 🙂

Hey @MVM Just wondering, you currently sell the first 13 ova's of tenchi muyo (and used to sell a the 6 or 7 ova's after that) was wondering if you ever considered licensing the other tenchi show's like universe, tokyo, gxp (I am aware crunchyroll does war on geminar)?

Hey @MVM Just wondering, you currently sell the first 13 ova's of tenchi muyo (and used to sell a the 6 or 7 ova's after that) was wondering if you ever considered licensing the other tenchi show's like universe, tokyo, gxp (I am aware crunchyroll does war on geminar)?
I'm sure at one point Anime Limited had GXP but fell threw when Funi merged with manga so most likey all the Tenchi's are now fully under the crunchy clutches.
But none of OG Tenchi is on Crunchyroll in UK so maybe there is hope 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I don't think we'll be looking into it at any time soon sorry. A personal shame as I've always enjoyed Tenchi. The original OVAs and movies sold well back in the day, but I think Tony was put off by the length of Universe and Tokyo's episode content and reviews, fearing they wouldn't sell as well.

I don't think we'll be looking into it at any time soon sorry. A personal shame as I've always enjoyed Tenchi. The original OVAs and movies sold well back in the day, but I think Tony was put off by the length of Universe and Tokyo's episode content and reviews, fearing they wouldn't sell as well.
Shame. Maybe Anime Ltd then especially as Universe and Tokyo are still under Geneon Universal's ownership afaik. They did rerelease Black Lagoon, Seraph of the End and Arslan as well

i can appreciate that, if it's any consolation it sound's like that was back when you were releasing dvd's as separate disc's rather than full boxset's like now so maybe time's have changed enough, and there's still the nostalgia value. i'm just glad i was able to find the third volume of tenchi muyo ryo ohki and the movie's second hand.

Back