UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Is this show good? Can't find many reviews of it online.

It's odd, can imagine it's one of those shows that you either love or hate.
iirc it's much closer to old style comedies like Urusei Yatsura than the more moody shows the core staff worked on (Lain, Haibane etc), although it does have more SoL moments as it goes along

I reviewed the US Pioneer DVD release yonks ago.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

TLDR 8/10 across the board. It's as if the old TV show Alien Nation was a sitcom. A ship full of aliens come to Earth, and they wind up integrating with the human population. The aliens have a social structure based on ratings, the lowest being an Under 7, hence the title character, Niea Under 7. It's a comedy set during a recession, revolving around a run-down bathhouse, where the main character student Mayuko lives. She's self-deprecating, worried about her poverty tinged social status, but has this freeloading alien named Niea living in her closet, who she takes all her frustrations out on, and can't understand how Niea can still be such a happy go lucky dreamer.

Anime Limited's changes to their newsletter are very strange, It basically reminds you when there's going to be a new early bird deal an MVM's site and might show you a Crunchyroll release that'll never come out.
I reviewed the US Pioneer DVD release yonks ago.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

TLDR 8/10 across the board.
That's honestly a great place for a show to end up. So I'll have get this. Thanks

One of my favourite shows is MVM's DOTW.
Yuuna and the haunted hot springs

I wonder whether I can justify buying a spare copy?
Yes you can. What if something happens to your original? Get it done.🍆
I'll be buying it as I sold my emergency copy a year ago to pay off my 2022 Rightstuf order.
Stoked there is another Ladies V Butler's fan. I was supposed to giveaway my DVD copy when I bought the Blu-ray but I just couldn't. Even though it's one of those on demand copies that mediablasters produce that play weird.

Yuuna is pretty good for what it is, something of a throwback to early 2000s harem shows. I didn't care much for the semi-serious episodes in the middle. Best thing about the show is that teh boobies are well drawn and subject to the laws of gravity as opposed to the spherical balloons favoured by most fanservice shows.

Ahem.

In other MVM news, Amazon currently have the Flying Witch CE for £35. Locked in my order at that price.

Mmm, this 🥳 or 😱.

Fanservice alert.
In reality, it's a story of friendship.
I can't actually remember much about it, but I watched it in 2021 and haven't sold/donated the BD, so I must have enjoyed it!
Most of the boobies will be too big for my tastes, but I bought a copy of it anyway, lol. 🫣

I understand it contains fanservice and I am ok with that (but also looking forward to the interspersed wholesomeness!) 🤣 🥰 👍

Back