UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Eh, just wait till you get to my age - I couldn't have cared less about fanservice/ecchi anime just a few years ago, but then I hit 60, and my eyes were opened....! šŸ¤¤
Through the nineties and early 2000s, I was all action. Stopped and came back to Anime in 2015.
First 2 bought?
Queen's Blade.
Aika R-16 Virgin Mission. Well it's got Mamiko Noto in it. And panties, lots of white panties.

Most of the boobies will be too big for my tastes, but I bought a copy of it anyway, lol. šŸ«£
Iā€˜m not particularly a fan of anime that features inflatables doing inexplicable ā€˜boingsā€™, but Iā€™ve also ordered, had it delivered, and watched.
I understand it contains fanservice and I am ok with that (but also looking forward to the interspersed wholesomeness!) šŸ¤£ šŸ„° šŸ‘
ā€œcontains fanserviceā€?
More like the entire thing is fanservice, albeit interspaced with scenes leading up to each successive set, while contributing to characterisation and plot off which to base such fanservice.

This threadšŸ¤£
Buuuuut dont think this one is "up my ally"
Its a passšŸ˜…
And just in case my previous post seems a bit critical (as not being ā€˜up my alleyā€™ either); it proved to be quite lightheartedly enjoyable, even if at face value it is just an exercise in drawing boobs.

Also somewhat uniquely, there are absolutely zero extras. And thatā€™s if I generously describe trailers as extras (yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying: there are no trailers either).
Two discs. Six episodes per disc. And thatā€™s it.
You werenā€˜t expecting more than one audio track or anything that would require a ā€™setupā€™ submenu?
Oh, ok. So thereā€™s a short animation loop on the main screen, and an animated MVM logo.

Thats a real shame as one of the ova episodes is Aya's iirc :(

Was going to buy it as the manga is great. But thats a bit too much of a deal breaker.

Guess its the same as Another where Sentai got the series but not OVA(s)
At least they actually released the show, Aniplex of America havenā€™t made it that far yet.

After the Rain is such a damn good show and definitely worth checking out if you've never heard of it. Just don't be put off by the synopsis - despite the premise trying to bill it as a inappropriate age-gap melodrama, it's more a thoughtful & nuanced examination of desire, grief & purpose between two people finding an emotional connection after both becoming unmoored & isolated from the passions of their lives. In that sense its less a romance than it is a breakup story. Looks stunning throughout as well.

Although I'm also pretty sure the writer also just wanted to write a story processing her teenage crush on Patlabor's Kiichi Goto. Which hey, understandable.

After the Rain is such a damn good show and definitely worth checking out if you've never heard of it. Just don't be put off by the synopsis - despite the premise trying to bill it as a inappropriate age-gap melodrama, it's more a thoughtful & nuanced examination of desire, grief & purpose between two people finding an emotional connection after both becoming unmoored & isolated from the passions of their lives. In that sense its less a romance than it is a breakup story. Looks stunning throughout as well.

Although I'm also pretty sure the writer also just wanted to write a story processing her teenage crush on Patlabor's Kiichi Goto. Which hey, understandable.
Iā€™ve never heard of it, but as Iā€™ll try anything, Iā€™m not too bothered if it fits the (fathomlessblue synopsis) or the (awadama preference).

I did do a quick search (after I placed my order FWIW), and came across what presumably is the live-action adaption. Illustrative image showing a quite intimidated looking man backing away from a young waitress in a rather imposing stance.

Back