MVM license Is This is A Zombie Seasons 1 and 2

Ath

Pokémon Master
Linkage here

We have both series (Is This a Zombie? and Is This a Zombie of the Dead?) coming later this year. A daft-as-a-brush comedy featuring a very unlucky young man named Ayumu Aikawa who becomes a zombie and the magical girl who falls fowl of his power-absorbing abilities. Not only is Ayumu a zombie, he also has to cross-dress and fight on the side of the angels as a magical girl. Poor sod!

Throw in necromancers and vampire ninjas and we're set for an epic smackdown across 12 episodes and 1 OVA (series 1) and followed up by 10 episodes and 2 OVA's (series 2).

That's one licence down! Which leaves the "big sub-only licence that is a title that everyone likes" left.

Definietely interested to see this series. If it does turn out to be good, then I can't help but hope for a BD, as unlikely as that may be.

I'm definitely interested, as I've been enjoying the manga. Thought this would be more of a MangaUK license though (not like I'm complaining).

Shame it's not A Certain Magical Index though.

animefreak17 said:
oh great,

question

if its sub only does that mean the the US version has the dub version, cause if it does im not getting the sub version
No. This is a dual audio release. MVM's sub-only title will be announced later. If there's a dub available a UK company will use it, they'll only release sub-only if there's no dub available. Why would they deliberately drop a dub if it's available and usually included in the contract? There are only very rare exceptions to this, like Virtue's Last Reward :evil: or Durarara which was just a case of timing on Beez's part.

What is interesting though is, their Dream Eater Merry release has the dub, but the default is the subbed version.

Ath said:
animefreak17 said:
oh great,

question

if its sub only does that mean the the US version has the dub version, cause if it does im not getting the sub version
No. This is a dual audio release. The sub-only title will be announced later. If there's a dub available a UK company will use it. They'll only release sub-only if there's no dub available.

oh great thanks i was worried there for a while,

It's all in the hands of Madman now! Hopefully Kadokawa have lifted the holdback on the BD for this one, it's been nearly 2 years after all.

Ath said:
It's all in the hands of Madman now! Hopefully Kadokawa have lifted the holdback on the BD for this one, it's been nearly 2 years after all.

I would like to think that won't be a problem, with AU and UK being region B afterall.

I thought this was seperate to the two licenses mentioned from yesterday? I remember the twitter said it was a series unrelated to the news he got, so we still have two licenses to work with from here.

Regardless, this is a good pick-up, i'd be tempted to pick it up actually. If they can get it on Blu-Ray, even more so, but we'll see how things go.

Is this any good? When there are too many girls i just step back lol But i've seen it has some blood and probably violence which me likes lol

bakum4tsu said:
Is this any good? When there are too many girls i just step back lol But i've seen it has some blood and probably violence which me likes lol
The first season was one of my biggest surprises of 2011, with it's mix of black comedy, action and a surprisingly dark (at times) story. The second season increases the comedy at the expense of a plot, I found it funnier but it sort of collapses with a weird non-ending. Both series have jokey harem-style antics (more the 2nd than the 1st), but nothing particularly serious.

Ath said:
bakum4tsu said:
The first season was one of my biggest surprises of 2011, with it's mix of black comedy, action and a surprisingly dark (at times) story. The second season increases the comedy at the expense of a plot, I found it funnier but it sort of collapses with a weird non-ending. Both series have jokey harem-style antics (more the 2nd than the 1st), but nothing particularly serious.

Thanks Ill give it a look. If its any good for me, Ill buy it.

Back