News from London Expo

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
EyeonAnime have scooped the news from the anime panel at the London Expo.<ul><li>RaptureTV (new UK digital TV channel launching 14th November) have confirmed that they will broadcast Fullmetal Alchemist on Tuesday evenings alongside Wolf's Rain on Thursday evenings.
<li>Manga Ent. UK have acquired UK licenses for Heat Guy J, Tokyo Underground and Tetsujin 28 as well as Submarine 707R (along with yesterday's new of KARAS).
<li>Beez have plans to release Eureka 7, Yukikaze and the previously rumoured Panda Z in the UK.
<li>UPDATE: Manga Ent. UK have also announced that they will be releasing She - The Ultimate Weapon (Saikano) in the UK along with tentative plans for an AstroBoy Box Set.</ul>We will be sure to update you with any more news as it becomes available.

WHile I probably will miss seeing Wolf's Rain and FMA as im on NTL, its still good to see it on UK TV somewhere.

Ah manga getting a bunch of Geneon titles to the UK here. Hopefully this is a new trend where Manga will sublicense from a variety of R1 companies like MVM do. Can't say I am interested in any of those titles but its a step in the right direction for the UK yet again.

Beez arent really announcing anything there thats to interesting to me, Scarpped Princess and Mai Hime would have been better news! But Eureka 7 in particular is something that could do well in UK and could possibly go on TV aswell.

It's funny how we have waited so long to get some decent anime on TV and then in the space of 30 days we get one movie on channel 4 and two new series on Rapture. The choices are excellent too.. Wolf's Rain and FMA are both brilliant series.

Heat Guy J and Eureka 7 are two of the new licenses that I'm really looking forward to (as well as KARAS). All in all, some good announcements here!

Well no suprise on the FMA front, allthough I did hope it would be a series I hadn't seen before its still a great series so I shall watch it.

I can't say I'm surprised at the choice of FMA at all - it's been the mostly likely candidate as far as fan speculation is concerned. that also makes it a good choice at the same time - overall I think Rapture have made some very good decisions with this.

YAY!! FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!! I LOVE YOU RAPTURE TV!! :D

now i don't have to keep buying the DVDs...but have to wait over 17 weeks till i get up to the point where i'm at on the DVDs... :?

Rurouni H said:
Tetsujin 28? Wow, I'm surprised at that one. Incredibly pleased though.

Same here. It is a bit of a shock to the ole system, but a pleasant one at that.

There are more than a few good licenses amongst those announced, Saikano in particular, a title that's been picking up a lot of buzz stateside and one I've been particularly looking forward to - kudos to Manga Ent. for optioning that one... perhaps we're finally starting to see the fruits of their merger with Anchor Bay?

from what ive read manga's releases will be in value box set, people are guess 2/3 box sets similar to the robotech box sets out now. if thats the case i will be buying all of them.

Sorry to burst some bubbles but there are a few mistakes, due to the method of communicating the infomation to eyeonanime.co.uk by text message. Panda Z is not confirmed it was simply very strongly hinted again such as at ayacon, and the astroboy boxset is dependant on some licence issues with Sony as they can veto a manga release due top some complicated legal mumbo jumbo involving an astroboy movie.

Back