Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Someone will simply take his place, and we'll likely see a spike in terrorist acts. Not scaremongering, just lettuce be real tea.

The news said the body was buried at sea & there are no photos - how do we know he is dead other than Obama saying so? The US don't have some bad news to bury by any chance?

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:
I'm actually more concerned about how humanity seems to have taken a step backwards by celebrating someones death.

I mean there were plenty of citizens who perceived the guy as a hero, hence the reason he was never ratted out.
I think I said roughly the same thing to you re: appraising Strike Witches in the context of real world military, but please try not to be so "internet".

I think I'm missing out on the similarities between this and the strike witches post then (feel free to point it out if you want though).

Again I'm also unsure what you mean by being so "internet" but I suppose I can give it a shot anyway.
They both smell a lot of "internet cool". Are you really concerned that some people are pleased at the death of the architect of 9/11?

Gotta say, when the missus told me this when i woke up the other day i woke up laughing.

Its highly possible someone will now go blow up another public transport or something, i expect all airports to step up their game now though. (should have guards with live ammo patrolling airports) If they do try to hit back and blow something up, i hope the general public are more like that one guy who rugby tackled a terrorist and started beating the living hell out of him.

Soubi-Hurt said:
you may think i'm a tin hat loonie but you don't combat terrorists by doing their job for them.

I don't buy this that's all, he's proberly been dead for quite some time.
Waiting for a while to announce someone's death makes absolutely no sense.

Unless you have evidence to say otherwise, you're full of it.

mangaman74 said:
The news said the body was buried at sea & there are no photos - how do we know he is dead other than Obama saying so? The US don't have some bad news to bury by any chance?
So everything has to be a lie? Why can't it be true? Why are people so willing to contradict this news without any real reason? Why are you so negative?

mangaman74 said:

I don't believe this, i think it's safer to say that the US still have the body.

As for a terrorist attack on us or america being possible. i wouldn't be too surprised if they waited till september to put all assumptions to rest and then hit something else to "celebrate" 10 years since their last "triumph"

Personally i'd like to see a day where we don't have to worry about idiots killing each other and getting the general public winded up in it too.

Why hold onto the body? I somewhat understand that they might have withheld the information over the wedding (they obviously didn't though) but keeping the body makes no sense?

Jaymii said:
Why hold onto the body? I somewhat understand that they might have withheld the information over the wedding (they obviously didn't though) but keeping the body makes no sense?

They Offered it back to Saudi. They didn't want it.
So to keep it as a reminder, or trophy maybe? Like they used to put peoples heads on pikes to ward away others, though its obvious nobody would do that these days, it's similar if they keep the body "you attack us, well hunt you down for 10 years, kill you and show your supporters that we have your leader and you'll never get him back"

Psychological warplay? anyway, i don't think they'd send him off to sea, they'd want to keep it as proof at the very least.

Input joke:
"don't dump him in the sea, remember what happened to megatron!!"

mangaman74 said:

Might be with Obama's birth certifigte and that he wasn't doing well in the polls.

Maxon said:

Waiting to announce news like this when your popularity hits a low point is a great way to get the public on your side. I'd say it's very plausable, myself. Ryo's image pretty much summed it up.

Shirayuri said:
Maxon said:

Waiting to announce news like this when your popularity hits a low point is a great way to get the public on your side. I'd say it's very plausable, myself. Ryo's image pretty much summed it up.
But his popularity's been low for ages.

Maxon said:
Shirayuri said:
Maxon said:

But his popularity's been low for ages.

There's a re-election in 2012; it sure would be nice for him to gain the popularity boost now, and have a nice year to ride on it.Not to mention with the birth certificate controversy and conspiracy rife, it's a nice way to distract from it.

All I'm getting at here is, you said it makes "No sense", and I think that at least what I've shown there would be sensible enough.

ilmaestro said:
Shocked, shocked to see Shirayuri on the conspiracy theory train. :lol:

/sigh

Oh I did not see something like that coming :roll: I mean Maxon says "Doing this makes no sense" and I simply show one way in which it would be more than plausible; Where did I say that what I'm saying is the truth? I'm just saying it's a plausible explanation.

Has any one seen a good Head Line? "Bin Laid to Rest", "Bin Bagged" are the only ones I've seen worth mentioning.

I'm happy that he's dead, but, at the same time, I'm thinking was it the right thing to do? I'm not against what happened but surely it would have been better for them to capture him alive? This is how conspiracy's start.

Shirayuri said:
ilmaestro said:
Shocked, shocked to see Shirayuri on the conspiracy theory train. :lol:

/sigh

Oh I did not see something like that coming :roll: I mean Maxon says "Doing this makes no sense" and I simply show one way in which it would be more than plausible; Where did I say that what I'm saying is the truth? I'm just saying it's a plausible explanation.
Dude, it was just an observation. Do you or do you not like a good conspiracy story? One of the things I'd thought well before you posted this was to catch you on chat and see if you were supporting one in particular re: Bin Laden's death.

@ voddas i've seen the one:

"Bin laden and his son where finally killed this weekend..... thats the first time i've seen the bins being taken out on a bank holiday weekend"

ilmaestro said:
Dude, it was just an observation. Do you or do you not like a good conspiracy story? One of the things I'd thought well before you posted this was to catch you on chat and see if you were supporting one in particular re: Bin Laden's death.

Depending on how I answer that, it could give a very wrong impression. Do I 'like' a good story? Yeah; some can be plain hilarious to read (Notably one on Buddhists trying to take over the West and bring perverted sex ideals with them... :roll: ) but others are far more likely and plausible.

I have an open mind to things; and will never side with one thing as absoloute fact; I'm more than happy to change my views in the face of new evidence. There has been absoloutely huge coverage on the Bin Ladin stuff back since 2002. I have no particular opinion on this as of yet; I have a very open mind to it, and am checking various news sources when I get the time. There's new (as in new theories, as well as evidence) being thrown out daily- some ludicrous and abysmal, some plain impossible, and some that seem quite plausible. I most certainly wont be siding with any imparticular.

Back