Podcast presenters!

my skype name is malakai ive added jamie however armed wiv only a skype phone i may not be able to do group chat but i will try

I probably won't be able to get involved in presenting but just getting the chance to chat is enough reason for me to supply my skype details.... believe it or not mine is Voddas.

The only people I can see doing this and pulling it off really well is Jayme, Maxon and Reeve.

Although Jayme should watch anime more instead of watching Gilmore Girls and Vampire Dairies, srsly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I do, I'm an awful "fan". GG and TVD are actually good though. I'm not in the running and generally mute myself on the chats; that said, they are fun - can you not take part?

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of time do the chats usually run?

I'm sort of curious about this as I'm having trouble finding time to edit my usual youtube upload at the moment, but I fear my area of expertise is somewhat narrow and I'm struggling to keep up with academic work at the moment.

Professor Irony said:
What sort of time do the chats usually run?

I'm sort of curious about this as I'm having trouble finding time to edit my usual youtube upload at the moment, but I fear my area of expertise is somewhat narrow and I'm struggling to keep up with academic work at the moment.

Normally at about 8pm when we do do things, chances are we'll try and get something rolling tomorrow night or sunday night, but not sure on what people decided.

As for academic work, i know what you mean there. I'm still busy with my dissertation, so i use that as my means of escape for an hour or two really.

I enjoyed tonight's chat, I must say. Unfortunately, I forgot I'm away for the next couple of days, so I'm afraid won't be here on tuesday if you're doing Ghost in the Shell.

Although basically my thoughts on the series can probably be summed up thus:

"Kamiyama is Red,
Oshii is Blue,
Shirow's a perv
and Batou is watching you on the loo."

Maxon said:
We can't delay chats just because Tachi says so. Let other people join in.

I said to everyone to pick whatever date best suited them, not to fit things round me.

Anyway... i didn't actually say much this time, was abit busy. but listened in to it.

Before i forget. We're intent on covering GitS all day on friday from about 8pm if people are interested. I believe it'll be only on the SAC series + SSS, but i'm sure some of us may push into the films as well, shall see.

There will be spoilers. If anyone joins in tonight that hasn't seen it and moans about spoilers, well, it's your own fault for joining in discussion about a series you haven't seen.

Shall we say this is the last one before narrowing it down?

I've been thinking about letting the people who've been visiting the chats poll it (by emailing the account or something) so then we might actually see who people like to talk with etc. I've got things down but it occurred to me that these were successful because of everyone and stuff so maybe a people emailing their top 1, 2 or 3... Hmm. Thoughts?

I'm sure the chats can carry on as they were as well, non-podcast related, if people wanted.

Hopefully, I should be around for at least a little while tonight - always up for talking GitS.

edit: Skype should show my real name now instead of Professor Irony.

ilmaestro said:
Are any of these recorded?
A lot of the random chats are recorded, yeah. Arby has a couple of the recordings, I have a few too. Nothing official has been produced yet. We're all busy.

Back