Podcast presenters!

ilmaestro said:
Maybe "An audience with...", as a short segment now and again?

This. Personally, I quite enjoyed the group discussion aspect of the last one, but having a shorter, interview/rant style section as well sounds like a good idea. I'm also quite impressed that over three hours of audio fitted so well into 45mb...

So... what's the plan for the next one anyway?

I think Sunday would be good for me, but its up to whenever people are free. It's probably best to limit it to around 4 people max due to connection cuts when more are involved.

Hmm. I can't be a part of it unfortunately, unless i can get access to someones computer + microphone while i'm away, i'll be unavailable for the next three weeks. So erm, i'll try and see what i can and can't do, and work from there.

Lawrence said:
We could discuss the new Gundam.

That's a good shout. I would suggest attempting to maybe review something as well, but it might be kind of short notice.

On the basis of the previous recording, I also think we should consider calling it the 'Sugoicast'...

Let me know on FB when you guys are doing it. The main idea I wanted to have in it was to have a medaitor sort of thing, to try and keep things on topic. Perhaps have a pre-defined agenda (Jayme has suggested one) would be nice as well.

Professor Irony said:
Lawrence said:
We could discuss the new Gundam.

That's a good shout. I would suggest attempting to maybe review something as well, but it might be kind of short notice.

On the basis of the previous recording, I also think we should consider calling it the 'Sugoicast'...

And so it shall be. I can now officially open it up and say "Welcome to Sugoicast". Fantastic.

The new Gundam? I presume you mean Unicorn, since we know nothing about the very new Pokemon-look-a-like. Also, Unicorn is unfinished, available only on Blu-ray, and might therefore be a very narrow topic that many will not relate to. We could discuss ALL GUNDAM! *salivates*

Okay, maybe narrow to UC works? *salivates*

EDIT: According to chaos, Jaymii already has a set agenda. Any clues as to what that would be?

chaos said:
Let me know on FB when you guys are doing it. The main idea I wanted to have in it was to have a medaitor sort of thing, to try and keep things on topic. Perhaps have a pre-defined agenda (Jayme has suggested one) would be nice as well.

Try as you might, it always goes off subject lol.

Sunday evening i'm available but don't watch mecha shows so i maybe the one probing others for information about the show (asking questions, asking how the show compares to other shows, what water it holds against the other gundams and generally provoking replies from people)

Due to me being there though, chances that it goes off topic increase by 20%.

I think we should have a tedious link, informatively connecting different works by the same actor or studio, select characters, plots, whatever. It may help.

Maxon said:
Tachi said:
Try as you might, it always goes off subject lol.
As long as you don't let Spyro go on about maps it should be fine.

Okay, as long as you don't let me get too carried away with the whole leaf thing again.

I do wonder if Reevo got his haunted house fixed, some WD40 on the doors should stop the weird sounds occasionally made lol.

VivisQueen said:
EDIT: According to chaos, Jaymii already has a set agenda. Any clues as to what that would be?
By agenda, all I have is a basic structure that I'd like the podcast to be.

Something obvious, like:

Intro (20s)
News (3 - 5m)
Anime of the Week [Prior announced show that's watched, and discussed] (15m)
General Discussion [Industry, whatever people are watching, their thoughts, elaborate on news, etc] (20m)
Listener feedback (5m~)
End (40s)

Time: 46m~

So, incredibly tight and proper. Basically.

One lead, two/three supporting. (The people decided by... people was VivisQueen, Professor Irony and Arbalest right now.)

That's the obvious way of doing it, but I'm open to suggestions. These general chats can continue on without them being recorded, but I (and others) can record and subsequently upload them if people find three hour conversations enticing. I don't I'm needed if that's what people want though.

I like the idea of something structured much more, and the general structure suggested is cool. While free-for-all discussion is way more fun for those involved, I've found it irritating as a listener in the past. In-jokes and digressions abound when what I really want is to know more about [X show] etc.

I'd recommend the following tweaks:

- only 1 minute news like on radio shows where they give a 1-minute summary of the headlines. Then, if any big news stories are relevant that week e.g. like Satoshi Kon dying, make that the theme to be elaborated on in the General Discussion.

- Make General Discussion a broad theme e.g. is Ecchi ruining anime? Who are the best directors/mangaka? Satoshi Kon's dead, what the hell?

Also, does that mean I, Professor Irony and Arbalest made the cut? Or that we are going on to some second stage of auditioning?

Back