Point me in the right direction please!

In case anyone's still following my growth in the world of anime, the DVD boxset you guys recommended to me arrived this morning, but I've only found time to watch the first episode of Gungrave so far! (Damn you uni...) I was damn impressed with it though, and just have one question: did it come before or after Devil May Cry on the PS2? I picked up more than a few similarities between the two.

A big thanks once again for the recommendation! I'll start hunting for those other titles a.s.a.p. Where do you all usually buy your DVDs? I'm guessing online because I couldn't find too many titles in the anime sections of HMV or Virgin when I browsed.

I personally buy most of my anime from play.com. DMC was released quite a bit before Gungrave (which was a game before it was an anime) and the 2nd game, Gungrave OD was just recently released.

simon_the_newbie said:
Hang on, Devil May Cry's been made into Anime?!?! Sweet Jesus am I in the right place then!!! :D

:lol: I think you read my post wrong. Gungrave was originally a game before it was made into an anime. DMC was released before the Gungrave game.

Whoops, guess my own imgination got the best of my with that DMC thing... But man that'd be cool... Sorry about that, don't usually make rookie mistakes like that!

Selphie's too cool for school isn't she? I even named my bass guitar after her... Sad I know... Rikku'd probably be second favourite FF character, then Vivi!

Everyone always over looks poor Yuffie, **sniff**,

Anyways welcome to the forum, im a newb, to the forum at least, too.
And since nobody's answered yet, may I suggest you look at http://bakaneko.com it has great guides on how to draw manga ^^ (Its a personal favourite of mine)

I've got nothing for love for Yuffie too! There's just far too many great characters from the series to give them all the credit they deserve... Speaking of overlooked characters, though, I'll just throw Sabin into the mix from number 6! I'll have to track down whoever 'borrowed' 6 from me and break their legs... I miss it! :(

On the bass guitar note, I was thinking of getting it engraved with a pic of Selph maybe? (That'd be cool-as!) I have an electric guitar as well, called Tiffany (as in Breakfast At... My fav song :D)

hey y'all thanks for all of the advise hopefully i shall have a pic on there soon. your pic was very good si.

Cheers mate :D Have you bought that DVD boxset these guys recommended? There's some great stuff to be found there (plus the whole boxset is cheaper than most anime DVDs!)

Looking forward to seeing some of your drawings!

ViVi was the best character always in my opinion ,PS I dont buy anime I borrow it from Valha, he has more of a collection than most shops anyway LOL 8)

not yet i dont have the funds maybe my gf will be nice and buy it for me hint hint!!! hopefully i will be putting one of my drawings on there for you to see.

Back