Rapture TV to choose between Mahoromatic & Mezzo DSA

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Later tonight the last episode (ep. 30) of Wolf's Rain will air on Rapture TV for the last time and the UK digital channel are now looking to replace it with another anime series.

Earlier it had seemed that Rapture were going to replace Wolf's Rain with Hellsing, but instead they are now asking fans for their opinions on GAINAX's cyborg-maid series Mahoromatic and the crime-action adventure Mezzo DSA. As far as we know, Rapture will be looking to start broadcasting one of these shows possibly starting as early this Thursday (22nd June). Head over to the Rapture forum and let them know which anime series you would prefer to watch.

Damn, I don't like either of those shows. I don't think it would do Rapture much good showing either of them to be honest. I can't see them really catching on at all.

well that abit weird. why the 2?

looks like ADV wanted to have something on rapture bad.

hmm out of them two (got both on dvd) i like Mahoromatic more but only the first seire is out in the UKK so if it went on Rapture it would feel like the only showed half the seire. Tho if it did get on TV theres a chance that they may bring the 2nd seire out here.

valha said:
They have much better shows than that. I doubt Noir would have been out of the question. Also the dub is listenable.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
valha said:
They have much better shows than that. I doubt Noir would have been out of the question. Also the dub is listenable.

well reading the theard on rature it seems they want a short seire of about 12 to 13 eps. tho they are lots of ADV seire of that size kinos and FMPF. they said that they didnt have much to chose from as they other deald they had planed all fell though.

For whatever reason, I think the conditions are that it has to be a short (12-13 episode) series and from ADV. I can't see them risking Kino's Journey and apparently they couldn't get Hellsing so I guess the options really are limited.

Out of a mediocre bunch, I'd say they should go for Mahoromatic, mainly because it'll do better for them than Mezzo DSA and it's not really a totally rubbish series if you enjoy fan service and fairly decent animation quality. Only the other hand Mezzo DSA just looks dull and uninspiring.

It would be interesting if they could get Fumoffu though.

Damn that's a shame. Well out of the two i'd go for Mahoromatic. I thought it was bad but at least it wasn't as uninteresting as Mezzo.

I'm not quite sure why those two in particular but it seems they couldn't get Hellsing for one reason or another and they are looking for a single season show (13 eps).

For my money I would have to say Mezzo since I found Mahoromatic to be a bit lacking in its characterisation, which is a bit of a problem with a character-based story. Mezzo is good at one-shot episodes on the other hand and is a nice easy watch.

If we are restricting the choice to 13 episode series from ADV there are very few strong contenders. Divergence Eve (first season) would be a possibility although that is one show that is ruined by inappropriate fanservice in my opinion. (I've nothing against fanservice but in that show's context it was just so... out of place. Perhaps they needed large breasts as an extra cushion in their mechs or something :p).

For short series i'm sure Lain would have drawn some people in, Gunslinger Girl might have too for it's style alone. I would have loved for Renmei to be on TV but I doubt it would have been that popular.

As for ADV's shorter series. Boogiepop might have done well. I've only seen the first disk so far but it's shaping up to be a great series. Elfen Lied may be too much for UK TV.

I want chrono crusade, never seen it. Or any romance anime, also might as well watch wolf rain for the last time. but olny those three seems to be a choice, never seen them

I'd choose Mahoromatic personally what with the darker themes lurking under the slapstick but Mezzo has the stand-alone episode format for most of the series that would go well with the TV broadcasting. Mahoromatic is a 'deeper' series, even though the fan service might lead viewers to think otherwise.

I'll be less surprised if Mezzo's straightforward gun toting action wins through but I'm secretly hoping it's the Gainax show that makes it onto our screens!

2 rather disapointing choice to be honest, so they seem set on having a short adv series here are my suggestions

generator gawl
serial experiment lain
boogiepop phantasm
elfen lied

I think Mezzo DSA is good, but true short
I have seen all 13 episodes of it.

It would be interesting to see Mahoromatic.
Hopefully ADV will release thinpaks of Both mezzo dsa and mahoromatic in the uk due to their showing on rapture

I vote for Mahoromatic, though as others have said i find the prospect of both rather uninspiring, though i will probably watch either since it's anime on tv and i havn't seen either before

keyblade_master uk said:
I want chrono crusade, never seen it. Or any romance anime, also might as well watch wolf rain for the last time. but olny those three seems to be a choice, never seen them

Chrno Crusade is an awsome anime! i dont think it wouled do to badly ither, it's a shame. I'm not a fan of ither of the shows there proposing :(

ardish said:
2 rather disapointing choice to be honest, so they seem set on having a short adv series here are my suggestions

generator gawl
Never seen it myself but have often intended to. Pretty old though.
ardish said:
serial experiment lain
Released by MVM.
ardish said:
boogiepop phantasm
The series is pretty good but I think a bit much for casual viewing.
ardish said:
elfen lied
It would be cut to ribbons at the time they are planning on showing it. (About 20:30 if I'm not mistaken.)

But as always, Full metal alchemist is going to be the anime of the show, but mahoromatic looks alright, its got romance in it to make me watch it. I don't like crime action anime, but i love fantasy animes. But, people saying its olny 13 episode. so, after 13 weeks, they got to look for another anime. Why can't they show more than two, then rapture tv will be cheered by happy anime fans. About 5 a week will do, like in my opinion i like to see

Monday- chrono crusade
Tuesday- full metal alchemist
wednesday-gunslinger girl
thursday- anything others want
saturday- she, the ultimate weapon

It be great if those three up, please its come true. then i'll be at rapture's feet

There are rumours that they are looking to show Bleach but they are just that at the moment. There is no possibility of that happening before it has aired on US TV of course, which will begin its run in September.

Rapture have all but stated that this is a filler for the slower Summer months before getting their teeth into a longer running show thereafter. There hasn't been a statement about what that series will be as yet.

Yeah, I assume "filler" means cheap too, so while Elfen Lied would I'm sure be a fairly good series to show, I expect it would cost a lot more to acquire the rights for than say a lower profile anime like Mezzo DSA.

Back