Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Highlander: Search for Vengeance
5/10
A really average movie. Not Kawajiri's best work.

i haven't got much to say about this movie. The story, the character development, the fight scenes, because it's all very average. There are a couple of good things about it though. The animation and character designs were good. Again with the Long jaws, sideburns and emotionless expression of peoples faces lol. Seeing Colin McLeods past from a Scotsman to a samurai to a jet pilot was interesting. This guy was really determined to to get revenge! Apart from that it was really dull and boring. But then again i really didn't like the live action movie. Christopher Lambert is one awkward actor!

overall, Watch only if bored.

Night head genesis

This was a decent series, it is about 2 brothers who gets taken from there parents because of there special powers and is taken to a place for 15 years and escapes years later,

It's quiet a good series actually, it kinda reminds me of the supernatural brothers but better, it's a shame it stopped other wise I'd keep watching it,

But I felt there was a few things that was left undone, there was probably about 5 other things that wasn't explained,

But besides that it was a great series

8/10

Spice and Wolf I and II

A sweet show. Two likeable main characters and four very interesting story arcs. The show had pleasant aesthetics which combined with great music made for a charming experience. The EP to season 1 was so cute that it stuck in my head for days.

Never wore out its welcome and i would gladly watch more. Points deducted due to Some of the market/economy convos dragging on for far too long.

8/10

Bodacious space pirates

Kinda fun actually, also ……………………she's a pirate lol sorry had to say that,
This series at times can be fun to watch and at times your bored as hell, so really it kinda balances, this is a safe series to watch and it being a PG it is safe to watch

7.5/10

Sengoku basara: The Last Party
4/10
Starting to get real Tired of this BS!

Where do i even begin with this movie? The fights are short and dull, the story isn't interesting, the comedy doesn't work AT ALL and overall it was utterly pointless!! I really didn't see the point of bringing Oda back. He just seemed like he was added last minute because they still had some time to spare! To make it worse, he didn't even appear for very long, making his appearance even more pointless and after all the trouble of bringing him back, why did Otani then change his mind and try to stop Oda?! It makes no sense!

So that concludes the Sengoku Basara anime franchise, and boy what a mess it is! The main problem with Sengoku Basara is that it's based on a hack and slash game which is nothing non stop action and while the anime does capture the action pretty well, at the same time they try to force drama and try to make it deep, by talking about fighting to protect your loved ones and and the importance of friendship! It doesn't work Because it's uninteresting and we just want to see mindless violence because that's what got us into the games! it could of been a awesome no brainer, OTT action/fighting series, instead it's just an average show IMO.

Overall, just stick with the games

Last edited by a moderator:
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

9/10

This might just be one of my all time favourite shows. This is why I love anime! (and manga :p )

It's a near perfect series for me, only minor complaint is the pacing/omissions of the first few episodes purely to fast forward the series. I don't think it would've hurt to have done the first few episodes like the original series/manga did. But it's minor as I said.

Dwarf: The Homunculus in the Flask was an amazing episode, set up a whole back story/origin to it that I never quite imagined and was super creepy. Father was a brilliant villain actually having him basically kill the world and devour God was completely insane! Rarely do you get to see the villain actually following through on their plans. I was terrified when he was reaching up from the Earth to get God.

Cried like a big baby at times throughout for the heroism too, the Elric brothers are so amazing Al sticking with his armour body so he could help Ed and then giving up his soul so he could get his right arm back :cry:

Couple of small plot/character issues to make things happen, but nothing that can't be overlooked.

Oh, and the outakes extra is easily the best extra on an anime ever. Funi need to do that all the time form now on.

**** HIM UP!!

From Up On Poppy Hill

It's official. The tagline "...from Studio Ghibli" is no longer enough to guarantee an anime film entry to the pantheon of greatness. From a studio renowned for its unique storytelling abilities, this offering feels derivative. The central plot of two teens falling in love harkens to Whisper of the Heart and Ocean Waves, only it isn't as well handled. In those two titles the main characters had a strong chemistry between them that is unfortunately lacking here.

Then there's the matter of the setting. Ultimately, the 1963 setting does little for the plot; in fact, this story could have taken place in any era. Its sole function is to provide the animators with an excuse to (lovingly and with exquisite detail) capture the machinery and the way of life during that time. But it still is a mere backdrop; there's nothing about the story to suggest that it could only have taken in 1963 Yokohama.

The animation remains the usual high standard, but in light of the inroads that directors like Mamoru Hosoda and Makoto Shinkai have made recently, it is no longer enough. A disappointing 6.5/10 it is then.

Yakumo said:
From Up On Poppy Hill

It's official. The tagline "...from Studio Ghibli" is no longer enough to guarantee an anime film entry to the pantheon of greatness. From a studio renowned for its unique storytelling abilities, this offering feels derivative. The central plot of two teens falling in love harkens to Whisper of the Heart and Ocean Waves, only it isn't as well handled. In those two titles the main characters had a strong chemistry between them that is unfortunately lacking here.

Then there's the matter of the setting. Ultimately, the 1963 setting does little for the plot; in fact, this story could have taken place in any era. Its sole function is to provide the animators with an excuse to (lovingly and with exquisite detail) capture the machinery and the way of life during that time. But it still is a mere backdrop; there's nothing about the story to suggest that it could only have taken in 1963 Yokohama.

The animation remains the usual high standard, but in light of the inroads that directors like Mamoru Hosoda and Makoto Shinkai have made recently, it is no longer enough. A disappointing 6.5/10 it is then.
I think I've found the problem:
directed by Gorō Miyazaki

The girl who leapt though space

It was ok,

The one person in the series I was rooting for was nami was becauseher family doesn't care what happens to her, she doesn't get any support from them when her modelling career goes south and is picked on by others and to be honest I wish we saw what happened to her next after the series

7/10

Aria The Scarlet Ammo
7/10
A flawed, but fun anime.

Well first of all, i just want to say i HATE Harem animes. I absolutely despised Rosario Vampire! I only decided to give this ago because of the interesting concept. and to my surprise, It was fairly enjoyable, even for a harem. The characters were pretty fun to watch and i liked the fact that they were related to famous people (Aria being related to Sherlock Holmes). The animation was also pretty solid, with the some really nicely executed fight scenes. the whole concept of there being a school with Mercenary students was awesome! The music was also great with the Opening being downloadable proof!

However, it could have been alot better.

I mentioned that the concept being really cool, But they do nothing with a great concept! It would have been great to see the characters go on more missions! Instead we get really forced Harem episodes! They should have done so much more with this concept! Also the Vlad Arc was really tiresome and lack luster compared to the rest of the series. Lastly the show was very predictable at times!

Overall, Aria the Scarlet was a decent anime Give it a go if you're into Action/Harem animes

P.S. No offence to Todd haberkorn, but i'm sick of him doing the voice of the main character in almost EVERY he does! His performance always sounds the same!

The problem is not the limited number of English voice actors, but rather their limited vocal ranges. By and large they tend to be one-trick (voice?) ponies, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a problem if the voice fits the character.

I do mourn that they lack the versatility of their more mainstream counterparts, particularly the past and current greats such as Mel Blanc, John DiMaggio, Jim Cummings, Charlie Adler and June Foray. These are veritable "stars of a thousand voices" and I struggle to find any similarly talented anime voice actors.

sanji no 1 said:
P.S. No offence to Todd haberkorn, but i'm sick of him doing the voice of the main character in almost EVERY he does! His performance always sounds the same!
Todd Haberkorn is the new Vic Migongna, unfortunately. I feel that both are very good for select roles (Ling Yao and Edward Elric respectively) but then they get so over-used in things where they don't even fit.

Princess tutu

OMG bravo bravo bravo on core this series is like wow,

It's a good story and the music that goes with it is brilliant and sometimes It sounded soooo soothing I fell asleep a few.Times.

The animation is alright and the characters fun to watch

I loved this series soooo much but the final episode was kinda sad, not that it was a tear jerker but it felt that the wrong characters went with the characters you didn't want them to go with.

If it ended happy happy happy, I mean It kinda did but not in the way I'd liked it to be.

9/10

Professor Irony said:
Max Takeshi said:
Chaos;HEad

2/10.

Messy though it undoubtedly was, I don't think I'd come down quite so hard on C;H. Despite the clearly bungled execution, the central idea still got my attention and held it well enough for the first eight episodes or so. Around that point, I did realise that playing the game was the way to go and jumped ship, but even at that, I'd still rather have a broken adaptation of good source material than a competent show built entirely by the numbers.

Fair points all round. I always find it a shame, though, when something with potential just drains away. In many ways I find that a bigger crime than something which is just plain bad all the way through. Squandered quality, if you will.

Night warriors

Reminds me of street fighter but more about monsters fighting and humans and the dark ones not getting along but it's mostly about the fights I like the sound track the ending themes awesome for a 80s sounding series
. Kinda

It's not as good as street fighter but it's ok

7/10

Back