Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children ; 10/10

'tis one of my favourite films. I have seen it plenty of times before although I thought that I should still give it a high rating now.

V for Vendetta ; 9/10

I saw this film in the cinema the first time I watched it, but I recently bought it on DVD and forgot that it was so amazing. This may be due to the fact that I almost fell asleep in the cinema though. Amazing film, I found it most interesting and entertaining.

The original Matrix was a fantastic film in many respects and functions perfectly as a stand alone work. Reloaded opened some philosophical doors in the same vein as the original but a lot was left open for the conclusion in Revolutions. The third film gives a rather lazy and ant-climactic conclusion that attempts to round everything up a little too neatly. If you like Dragonball Z, you might like Revolutions more... let's just put it like that.

I would watch them though, they are still highly entertaining films and worth checking out if not just for the action sequences but they just don't reach the originality of the first and come across more comic book like by the end.

Dracos said:
I must be one of the few that does not like the Matrix that much.
You're not alone there. I have my quibbles with this film, but they're mostly of an elitist sort.

Zin5ki said:
Dracos said:
I must be one of the few that does not like the Matrix that much.
You're not alone there. I have my quibbles with this film, but they're mostly of an elitist sort.
You Zin5ki, elitist? :eek:

One would never have conjectured.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) 9/10

Far better then Ang Lee's effort. Edward Norton was a great Bruce Banner and the rest of the cast did good in their roles. Was also cool to see all the little nods and things to the other movies that are either in production or have already come out. The last scene in particular with Robert Dowey Jr's Tony Stark was great

So far i'm impressed with the movies that Marvel have been putting out, and i'm slightly wishing they would get the licenses back to a few of their other comics and reboot. Like spiderman so we can have a proper Venom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zulu - 9/10

Historically inaccurate, but so what? I'll accept that as a valid criticism the day someone shows me a Shakespeare play that's historically accurate. It's a damn good story and acknowledges the bravery on both sides as well as the futility of fighting.

The action scences aren't quite up to par with what we're used to these days, but it was a refreshing change for me in that they were filmed at a speed that wasn't too fast for my eyes to follow.

Revolutionary Girl Utena - 9/10
it's scrumptiously OTT, visually fantastic and makes very little sense. Everything i like in a movie =D

Sy said:
The original Matrix was a fantastic film in many respects and functions perfectly as a stand alone work. Reloaded opened some philosophical doors in the same vein as the original but a lot was left open for the conclusion in Revolutions. The third film gives a rather lazy and ant-climactic conclusion that attempts to round everything up a little too neatly. If you like Dragonball Z, you might like Revolutions more... let's just put it like that.

I would watch them though, they are still highly entertaining films and worth checking out if not just for the action sequences but they just don't reach the originality of the first and come across more comic book like by the end.

Couldint have said it better, Ive watched the original countless times, but the others I could probably count the amount of times I watched them on one hand:(, Still entertaining and great in their own right, just that they had a hard act to follow.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back