Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
SundayMorningCall said:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 7.5/10

it was good, but loses score for having changed stuff from the book for me, also there are a couple of WTF? moments, moments that not only werent in the book, but that made no sense!

by comparison, i gave the previous film a 6.5, so its better than the last one.

I feel the same way about it.Whilst it was an undoubtedly good film,I felt a bit annoyed thatTonks was swapped for Luna on the train sceneas it was one of my favorite parts of the book,I have no idea why though^_^;.Other than that,Greyback should have been the scary,childeating character he was described as in the books and not just a musclebound Filch.(end Potter Fanboyism)The scene with the inferi,was fantastic though and almost identical to the cover which made my day!Only majour dissapointment was with the sectumsumpera scene;I'm sure it was amazing but unfortunatley I won't know until the DVD release as I chose the breif period of time before this to use the bathroom^_^;The one scene I was most looking forward to and I missed it....TT_TT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 7/10.

Solid film, but I seriously felt these guys couldn't pull off a teenage drama/romance. It was bit uneven, and I figure that's because some of the B storylines were dropped. I dunno if the book comes across this way, but it felt very much a solo effort by Harry... not the ensemble, which was strange.

Enjoyable movie, though. Not the most standout HP film, but a real continuation of the story. Even if I can't figure out what messages they (and JK) are/were trying to put across.

Dang, I go to the cinema a lot. ;p

I watched "never been kissed" and fell asleep after about half an hour of it so i'll give it a 3/10 because the lead girl is pretty cute. thats the last film i "watched"

not technically the last films i watched, but on the subject of HP:

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone = 7.5/10
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets = 7.5/10
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban = 6/10
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire = 7.5/10
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix = 6.5/10
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince = 7.5/10

SundayMorningCall said:

I (being the Harry Potter fan boy I am), would have to agree with those, minus the last one, which I gave an 8. The first 2 were great and never failed to entertain me. They followed the books quite well (though to be fair, books 1 and 2 were the shortest, so there was less to include compared to future books/films)!

The 3rd one however was a drop, and not just because Dumbledore's (ACTOR) died and was replaced by Michael Gambon (who's a great actor, don't get me wrong, but doesn't have that "magic" quality the first guy had). The Goblet of Fire was a return and film number 5 weren't so bad either, though the death eater scene disappointed me.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
SundayMorningCall said:

I (being the Harry Potter fan boy I am), would have to agree with those, minus the last one, which I gave an 8. The first 2 were great and never failed to entertain me. They followed the books quite well (though to be fair, books 1 and 2 were the shortest, so there was less to include compared to future books/films)!

The 3rd one however was a drop, and not just because Dumbledore's (ACTOR) died and was replaced by Michael Gambon (who's a great actor, don't get me wrong, but doesn't have that "magic" quality the first guy had). The Goblet of Fire was a return and film number 5 weren't so bad either, though the death eater scene disappointed me.

well, i gave 5 a lower score, because i felt the book was the weakest of the books and that the film was ok, but i didnt like it as much as most of the others, the 3rd i didnt like that much either, certainly it was the weakest film for me.

Watchmen - 7/10

Just finished watching the DVD, was good to see it again but disappointed the 2 disc version I ordered wasn't the Director's Cut I was looking forward to seeing :evil: the US got that last week and at this rate we won't be getting the Exended Cut either! the UK gets screwed again :(

Necromancer said:
Watchmen - 7/10

Just finished watching the DVD, was good to see it again but disappointed the 2 disc version I ordered wasn't the Director's Cut I was looking forward to seeing :evil: the US got that last week and at this rate we won't be getting the Exended Cut either! the UK gets screwed again :(
That's less to do with "rip-off Britain" than it is the fact that Paramount quarter-own Watchmen (it's a long story...) along with the distribution rights outside the US & Canada, but were not involved in the production of the film. It seems to be the case that they "get what they're given" by Warner Bros, and haven't been given distribution rights to the Director's Cut.

ayase said:
That's less to do with "rip-off Britain" than it is the fact that Paramount quarter-own Watchmen (it's a long story...) along with the distribution rights outside the US & Canada, but were not involved in the production of the film. It seems to be the case that they "get what they're given" by Warner Bros, and haven't been given distribution rights to the Director's Cut.
Oh, is that the reason? Cheers. Never bothered to actually look why it got released over here. I'm waiting to import the five-disc version that's being released later this year, anyway.

Ooo my other half and I like Constantine, we'd give it 9/10, missing the last point due to the difference in character discription, but otherwise A+ movie!

And I Am Legend, yeah the CGI was disappointing but it is a great movie! The german shepherd is awesome! *coos over the dog* I've not read the comic so I'd give it a 9/10. My other half says it's way different to the comic but better adapted but still gives it a 8/10.

The last film I watched.. well, I only managed the first half because I was falling asleep (not the film's fault) was The Prodigal Son. Good humour, great martial arts, very fine performances, so the first half (I got up to the point where Sammo Hung's character comes into it) I give the movie a 10/10. It's entertaining, funny, serious.. good film so far. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint in the end! :D

EDIT: Oops, I Am Legend and Constantine must have been on the first page.

The WATCHMEN movie was disappointing. Kinda boring. Blot dude was the only good thing really. He's coooool. 3/10

Star Trek Insurection - 6.5/10

annoyingly bad plot lets this down, the effects and acting just about make up for it, poor rewatch value means only a 6.5.

what made this annoying, is the fact that it followed First Contact, which is not only up there as one of my fave Trek films, but one of my fave films of all time.

Mulan

8/10

Great script, good concept, love the humour and nice voice acting. Not keen on the artwork though.

Green Lantern: First Flight - 8/10

Victor Garber as Sinestro was great, Christopher Meloni as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern was decent (prefer him in Law & Order: SVU), Tricia Helfer (BSG remake) was a waste, I never recognise her, not even when she guest starred in Chuck and I could see her face :p

Warner/DC/Bruce Timm continue to put out good animated features, this being the best so far, not knowing much about The Green Lantern and his origins beforehand probably helped increase my enjoyment factor, besides all the explosions and fighting :p looking forward to Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Justice League: Worlds Collide (on hold) and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (postponed).

Man On Wire, 8/10.

Nice one, BBC. Fantastic documentary. Perhaps could have loss 15 minutes so it didn't need to retread every fact so many times, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. What this Philippe Petit done, especially in this light, is hilarious and astounding.

Watchmen 9/10

Bought Blu-ray. Hadn't watched it beforehand. Blind buy. Changes didn't affect story. Moore should admit he was wrong this time.

Only complaint Goode as Ozymandias. Good actor but not right for the role. Too sinister. Should have come across more smug and condescending.

James and the Giant Peach 2/10
Hard to believe it's from the same director as The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I barely had the will to keep watching.

iisan said:
James and the Giant Peach 2/10
Hard to believe it's from the same director as The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I barely had the will to keep watching.

Ah,so I wasn't alone in watching this :) I agree with the rating,but bare in mind it was a childrens book,so its not like it could be too grim or sinister.Still though,it was worth the watch just to hear the actor that plays Professor Lupin sing as an Earthworm.[/spoiler]

evangelion rocks said:
Still though,it was worth the watch just to hear the actor that plays Professor Lupin sing as an Earthworm.[/spoiler]
Damnit, had I known that I might have actually gotten some enjoyment out of it.
Yeah, I wasn't asking that it be sinister though, just, er, good. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back