Region A Sentai/Viz Media Blurays on Region B Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sentai Blurays on Region B Players

I can confirm that Battle Girls: Time Paradox Complete Collection works using this method.

Re: Sentai Blurays on Region B Players

I can confirm that the Patlabor TV series collection 1 works using this method, but because of the way that the discs have been set up, you need to choose the correct chapter to start the first episode on each disc in whatever language you want (for disc 1 it is title 6 for English and title 7 for Japanese, but for discs 2 and 3 it's title 5 for English and title 6 for Japanese).

Anyone know if Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 can be played on European PS3 as mentioned at the beginning of the thread or just works? Anyone tried this?

Patlabor TV collection 2 works and doesn't require all the mucking about that the first part does for selecting what language you want to watch the episodes in (disc 1 does deviate from the norm as the first episode is on chapter 5).

I can confirm that AKB0048 Complete Collection works using this method, but there is a slight difference in that disc 1 starts on chapter 5 and disc 2 starts on chapter 4.

High school of the dead: Drifters of the dead OVA is confirmed to work with this method (the episode is on chapter 5).

LtDiscotek said:
@burtkenobi There's a English dub, so hopefully it is, as only sub only stuff seems to be region locked nowadays.
I think you missed the point here as the set in question is zone A only which is why burtkenobi is asking if the bypass method works for it (which is what this thread was primarily about before viz media blu-rays were added to the list).

nice. just tested the ninja scroll bluray from sentai on my PS3 (super slim, recent firmware) - works fine! :thumb:

I can confirm that Nyan Koi! Complete Collection works using this method (the first episode for both discs start on chapter 5).

Just a quick heads up in case anyone considered buying it, Accel World DOES NOT work with this method.
Seems like Viz have unfortunately fixed the workaround.

"Anime Limited license Accel World" When?

Mangaranga said:
Just a quick heads up in case anyone considered buying it, Accel World DOES NOT work with this method.
Seems like Viz have unfortunately fixed the workaround.

"Anime Limited license Accel World" When?

Well I hope Advent is not affected, it's just a film after all.

There were a lot of people asking about the Gatchaman Blu-ray Collection, well here's your answer:
I wondered if anyone had tried the new US release of Gatchaman? I know it's definitely region locked, but wondered if the PS3 workaround had been tested?

Ho. Lee. Sheeeeeet! I wish I'd seen this thread sooner. Jon, just tested Gatchaman - skipped to Title 5 and it's playing!

The title number may change for other discs (like other shows).

Sora Takeuchi said:
Does anyone know if the sentai mayo chiki dvd is region free?

All Sentai DVDs are region 1 only. There's an upcoming BD (with dub) arriving in the summer though that may work with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back