Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 51+ ep. series

• One Piece/Naruto style ^_^

• Total voters

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Some time ago, Hovis started a thread similar to this, but I thought a more up-to-date version would be appropriate, considering how many new members there are now :D

So basically, what do you prefer in an anime?

I'm a long running series fan myself. As long as a series keeps me captivated, I'm happy to watch even the seemingly never ending 100-200 episode series, but my tue preference would be the 51/52 episode series, like Fushigi Yuugi, Hana Yori Dango etc. I like watching a show with character profiling and unlike a lot of people, I enjoy so-called filler episodes!!

Hmmm , 13-26 I voted for, any more than that and im pretty put off buying a series regardless of the content. Just seems to much to sit through with the same charecters to me.

I said 13-26 episodes, I do like the odd longer series but in many cases you end up with a lot of filller material, plus the longer series are harder on the wallet!

13-26. Most good stories can easily be told within that timeframe.

Plus I wouldn't be able to afford anything bigger. :mrgreen:

13-26 is what I usually watch.
I havn't seen many series that go over that. I tried watching Bleach a while ago but I lost interest around episode 22.

Up to 26 eps is fine imo- nearly all my favourite series are 26 or under. I'm watching Great Teacher Onizuka at the moment and there's no end in sight!

haruhara said:
13-26 is what I usually watch.
I havn't seen many series that go over that. I tried watching Bleach a while ago but I lost interest around episode 22.

*looks at Haruhara's sig*

Aww, they look so cute and... GAAHH :!:

One Piece/Naruto style :lol: , thats for action adventure type series, if its a thriller type thing like Speed Grapher or Gankutsuou then 26 episodes.

Where's the 26-51 eps option?! Lol. Not sure there are many that fall into that category thinking about it but I thought FMA was a pretty good length although it had one or two eps that weren't especially necessary. Got no real preference as long as it's not too long and drawn out.

I think somewhere around the 26 episodes. 26 Episode series (e.g. Escaflowne) are masters of pacing. Meanwhile, 50 Episode long series end up being 26 Episodes worth of assets spread out over 50 episodes... at least, in most of the cases I've experienced. Modern Gundam are series definately guilty of that and it grates. I find it very hard to find the willpower to watch series with more than 50 episodes, and in perfect honesty I'm too much of cheapskate to go out and buy series that stretch to 10 volumes and beyond...

26 eps is more than enough for me and although i wish certain series had gone on that little bit longer it's usually the perfect amount.To be fair I haven't seen many mammoth 100+ parters but I am looking forward to Saiyuki despite the length. :)

13 is too short, just as youre really getting into an anime it ends. Now 26 episodes is really good, beacuse it seems enough time to really flesh out a story and bring its conclusion, and its not too long either.

I do like the longer series, 50 epsisode and even the marathon ones liek Inuyasha, DBZ and Naruto, but not all the time. Generally 26 is my preference and seems just right.

I'm going to go for 51+. There's FMA, HxH and a few more that have been amazing with around this many episodes. I do like some long Naruto-like anime but they just start to get boring when the writer(s) can't think of anything new. Sometimes short series can be fun but usually I like longer.

I would say 26 episodes is the best format if the series is executed properly. Excellent examples include Bebop, Last Exile and Escaflowne; not a filler in sight and every episode is worth watching. On the other hand, a show like Love Hina could have been 12 episodes less and still worked well.

I love how Texhnolyze is only 22 episodes. No point in filler or having to change the pace of the story, it just ends when the time comes.

I went for 51+ option because I love a long story arch, as long as it done properly with enough content and depth.

Otherwise 26 eps tend to be enough but sometimes I do wish for more from some series. So a few more longer series would be nice on the british market.

i normally prefer 13-26 ep series, because there is plenty of time for character development but there's less chance of the producers making filler episodes (as Red pointed out). of course, you occasionally get short OVAs like Gunbuster or FLCL that are pure perfection in a few short episodes.

Back