Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-26 ep. series

• 51+ ep. series

• One Piece/Naruto style ^_^

• Total voters
i like the 1-26 episode series but then they have to cram so much in that some information or plotlines get underminded. i think its goes with the last episodes of nadesico, i mean they should have played more on atiko's parents being killed by negal but they just brushed over it, in the first couple of episodes of nadesico atiko main reason for coming on board the nadesico was to find why his parents were killed, but they forgot all about it afterwards.
that is why i chose the 51+ episodes that means that they have enough for the story to continue

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadesico was way to short and the Movie felt like they taken a series and cut it up to fit in a hour and half slot.

I dont really have a preferance, shorter shows are easier to watch but there are times when you just want more and alot of longer shows can be worth it. On the flip side theres some stories that would have fit into the time of a movie or short OVA

Chomolungma said:
26 is just right; 51 being the maximum.
So if it has 52 episodes, you'd avoid it :wink:

The problem with stoutly sticking to only 26 episodes or less for me is you're gonna miss out on some wonderful anime, as a lot of the truly fantastic shows are over 26 episodes long. The best example I can think of, as something everyone should see is Twelve Kingdoms, a full 45 episodes long!

I think 13 and 26 episode works best in general, but of course it depends on the series. Shorter series tend to be paced more evenly than long ones, which helps them, but a longer series has the obvious advantage of there being more room for character/plot development.

13 isn't too short by any means. Definitely, the 13-26 option is best. The main reason being it is easy-ish to buy at that length and has enough substance to keep you watching. Nothing wrong with longer ones like Naruto of course, but I pity the people who'll buy it all on DVD when it's finally over. They'll need to take out a loan!

).
Spee said:
Nothing wrong with longer ones like Naruto of course, but I pity the people who'll buy it all on DVD when it's finally over. They'll need to take out a loan!
There could be classed as a case of quality over quantity (not necessarily meaning Naruto), but I would rather have a dozen quality 50+ episode anime, than 2 or 3 dozen so-so 13 episode anime.
Besides if you collect anime over a number of years and don't try and own everything, there's no harm in buying big series (you can always do what I do, wait til someone is fed-up with something and then flogs it dirt cheap on ebay, then buy it :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
).
Spee said:
Nothing wrong with longer ones like Naruto of course, but I pity the people who'll buy it all on DVD when it's finally over. They'll need to take out a loan!
There could be classed as a case of quality over quantity (not necessarily meaning Naruto), but I would rather have a dozen quality 50+ episode anime, than 2 or 3 dozen so-so 13 episode anime.
Besides if you collect anime over a number of years and don't try and own everything, there's no harm in buying big series (you can always do what I do, wait til someone is fed-up with something and then flogs it dirt cheap on ebay, then buy it :lol:

I cant wait this long i must have it when it frist comes out .... i think i have a roblem anyone know a help line for anime addiction?

valha said:
i think i have a roblem anyone know a help line for anime addiction?
There isn't one :lol: I've had an addiction for nearly 13 years, it eases off at times and at other times, the withdrawal is so bad, you'll go mad (ha! that ryhmed :D ).

Miaka-chan said:
There isn't one :lol: I've had an addiction for nearly 13 years, it eases off at times and at other times, the withdrawal is so bad, you'll go mad (ha! that ryhmed :D ).
I know what you mean, when i get something new i call it a fix, i can barely wait any longer before getting another volume of manga at the moment. It's not just a love, it is most defiantly an addiction

Miaka-chan said:
Chomolungma said:
26 is just right; 51 being the maximum.
So if it has 52 episodes, you'd avoid it :wink:

The problem with stoutly sticking to only 26 episodes or less for me is you're gonna miss out on some wonderful anime, as a lot of the truly fantastic shows are over 26 episodes long. The best example I can think of, as something everyone should see is Twelve Kingdoms, a full 45 episodes long!

I'm a massive hypocrite, actually, since I've been addicted to Monster for some time.

Back