Shana coming to the UK, amongst other new UK release dates

Lupus Inu said:
What're you doing in this thread? The DVDs are worth more than £5 y'know. >_>

The Bleach set has 5 DVD's and HMV are currently selling it for £24.99.

PWNED.

Only Berserk and Bleach interest me on that list.

Now that I have the first volume of Berserk (paid £5 :D), I'm kinda regretting it since MVM release great box sets. The Berserk box set has a 99.9% chance of being awesome, so I'm not sure if I want to continue collecting the individual volumes... :(

If there's a boxset I'm gonna buy it, even if the anime isn't all that good, simply because it's Berserk, Susumu Hirasawa does the music and the fact that it's Berserk.

51KP9ADF66L._SS500_.jpg

I have always wanted the expensive R1 box set. I didn't order it because, after my Gungrave £21 customs charge, I knew the customs charge would make me cry. ;___;

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
Will buy Tenjo Tenge boxset, Bleach boxset and MAYBE FLCL.

Isn't Tenjo Tenge fanservice crap like Ikki Tousen, though? :s

That Bleach boxset better not have any extras that the individual releases didn't have! >:/

Ikki Tousen wasn't crap D:<

I enjoyed it as a good series. The story was enjoyable and the fanservice added to it. Sure it was just a reason to get girls fighting but the premise was a good enough reason.

Just like i love Love Hina, that is basically the same, just with love driving the plot as opposed to fighting. They both contain alot of fanservice but that doesn't make it crap.

Aion said:
51KP9ADF66L._SS500_.jpg

I have always wanted the expensive R1 box set. I didn't order it because, after my Gungrave £21 customs charge, I knew the customs charge would make me cry. ;___;

Ooh I have this, its great. Gt it from Cyber City Anime in Leeds before it closed.

Although it set me back £90 :cry:

No, not at all; I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to buy something like Tenjo Tenge :s

I'd have to agree with this. After seeing a trailer for it, I quickly dismissed it as being more Ikki Tousen-esque crap.

I bought the first volume of Ikki Tousen for like £3 ages ago, and, suffice to say, it was the shittest anime I've seen for a long time.

Sorry for double post, but I missed this first time round and can't be bothered to edit.

I share Jayme's confusion; isn't there already a Paranoia Agent boxset?

As I mentioned in my first reply, the new boxset being released is a thinpack.

TenTen isn't nearly as bad as Ikki Tousen, which isn't saying much! They are fairly similar in concept though, but at least TenTen has decent characterisation.

I'm really looking forward to the first Shana series - I think I posted a link somewhere in another thread that seems to show the discs at a really reasonable price too.

The rest of Berserk is definitely worth looking forward to as well.

Ten Ten is decent. well i think its not bad.
compared to ikkitousen it is way better. ikkitousen is an excuse to show fanservice. although ten ten does have fanservice too, its on a much lower level than ikki.

I really enjoyed Ikkitousen. It was a stupid series, but it was entertaining. And had lots of fan service. I'm definitely going to pick up the sequels when the time comes :)

TenTen had an enjoyable manga but the anime felt too watered down, and I really didn't like the anime character designs for the girls (which sort of killed the fan service aspect for me).

I enjoy serious series most of all, but well done T&A in between is fine too.

R

List:
Negima DVD 5
Negima DVD 6
To terra volumes 1,2 & 3
Gundam SEED boxset 1
S-cry-ed boxset
Region free DVD player
Only yesterday
Naruto manga vols 21-28
X:The movie
Last exile boxset
Azumanga Daioh boxset

and there is a hell of a lot more... :(

Azumanga Daioh and last exile are great tittles so when you get them you should have a good time getting through them. one suggestion you should try out gilgamesh as well you won't regret it!

Back