Spring 2011 - First Impressions

yet to watch the final ep of level E, but will definatly check out Nichijou, Hanasaku Iroha and A-Channel even if it does look like a LS wannbe

Reaper gI said:
Shirayuri said:
Guys, can you watch Steins;Gate without having seen Chaos;Head? I wanna start but am intimidated by this.
It's not a sequel or anything. Just made by the same company.

Ah, when I read this on MAL I though it was.

"Steins;Gate is set in the summer of 2010, approximately one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head, in Akihabara."

Thanks for clarification though.

I guess I am waiting out for C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Deadman Wonderland.

I was waiting for Stein;Gate, but I ain't interested in it now. Film-wise, I'm waiting for the Makoto Shinkai film. Other than that, it is probably more than what I watched last season and that was Level-E.

I know I'll never get an anime as good as Level-E. I'm deciding that's going to be the best anime of the year =/ Because what I've seen so doesn't click with me. I'm probably growing out of anime.

I originally posted that it was unrelated, after going through a similar paranoia about a month or so ago. Then I went to MAL and saw that myself and became confused. I won't be watching anyway.

It's the same setting, that's it. There's no relation between them. Like with ToHeart and ToHeart 2, or basicaly any other video game "series".

Ammish said:
I guess I am waiting out for C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Deadman Wonderland.

I was waiting for Stein;Gate, but I ain't interested in it now. Film-wise, I'm waiting for the Makoto Shinkai film. Other than that, it is probably more than what I watched last season and that was Level-E.
Weird choice:
C is expected to be bad, the promos look realy weak.
Steins;Gate comes across as strong from the first ep, did you actualy watch it?

Don't judge shows without having seen them, series descriptions are often useless, and some of the kids shows can be very good.

Dororon Enma-kun Meramera
I have a feeling I'll be the only person here watching this, but whatever. This was a really fun watch. I just love Go Nagai's sense of humour, and this remake captures everything that is good about his works. The sexual jokes were spot on, like with the old woman that was "doing the helicopter" with her breasts, and the demon that was thrusting a giant pointy thing from his crotch. Basically, this is the perfect anime for finding out what Go Nagai is all about. I'll be looking forward to this each week.

Reaper gI said:
Weird choice:
C is expected to be bad, the promos look realy weak.

I saw the Promos and to be fair, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because of the people who are working on it. Nakamura Kenji is the director, who has a part in Mononoke. And there's the Bacanno/Durarara Writers.

All in all, it's a dream team.

Steins;Gate comes across as strong from the first ep, did you actualy watch it?

I try to bring myself to watch it, but it just didn't click. I was expecting visuals of the VN, but instead seem to be anime-fied. And since it's set in the same universe as Chaos;Head, which to be fair I just dropped.

I'll try to give the first ep a try. But it could be a case of me being extremely fussy with anime these days.

and some of the kids shows can be very good.

Not in the case of Dog Days. That was just terrible.

Ammish said:
and some of the kids shows can be very good.

Not in the case of Dog Days. That was just terrible.
11:30PM is not a kids timeslot. That's for adults. Fanservice show, even if ep 1 didn't have much.
I do get the idea Tsuzuki Masaki has snapped writing Nanoha Force, and just wants to do something without any gore.
How it's so bad given the staff on it is bloody surprising. JUST GO MAKE A 4TH SEASON OF NANOHA!!!!

Family stuff: 6-7PM
Beelzebub, Bleach, Naruto, Gintama etc.

Kids stuff: 7-8 AM/ 4-5 PM
Fireball Charming, One piece, Precure, Jewelpet, Pokemon, Hamtarou etc.

Just watched episode 2 of Tiger & Bunny, and episode 1 of "My Ordinary Life".

Okay, the former is consistantly good. The latter...absolutely brilliant xD Why didn't I ever go to school on a goat?!

Maxon said:
I have a feeling I'll be the only person here watching this, but whatever.
Heh, good rule of thumb is that when anyone posts anything like this on the internet, they're wrong. :)

(Unless maybe Orgun said it about Fang of the Sun Dougram, haha)

Reaper gI said:
Weird choice:
C is expected to be bad
Reaper gI said:
Don't judge shows without having seen them

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
Weird choice:
C is expected to be bad
Reaper gI said:
Don't judge shows without having seen them
PVs count! (slightly)
That's still seeing.
If the animation is bad, the animation is bad. If it's so bad you can notice in the PV, that's not a good sign.

Don't think I made it more than 60 secs thorugh ju-den chan due to animation quality.
A show can just look too horrible to watch.

ilmaestro said:
Maxon said:
I have a feeling I'll be the only person here watching this, but whatever.
Heh, good rule of thumb is that when anyone posts anything like this on the internet, they're wrong. :)
Can I assume that means you'll be watching it, maes? ;)

Lupus said:
Maxon said:
But the animation makes it seem so... tasteless.
How so?

ilmaestro said:
(Unless maybe Orgun said it about Fang of the Sun Dougram, haha)

I intend to watch Dougram.

At some point anyway, the length of it rather puts me off.

In the interests of releveant content, I like the new retro-style OP theme for Maria Holic. I'm sure there's a name for that style of singing, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Back