THE ANIME UK NEWS FORUM MANGA

well peeps i am going to gone for a little whil;e and certain number of things must be completed before i have any free time left. So i issue a channlenge to anyone who wants to do a anime uk news forum strip please do so and put it on, I hope when i come back that i can see some great work

CYA all in about 3 weeks

Jakeman
hugs

Later JakeMan, im sure someone will fill your very big shoes that youve left here and continue in the graet work, I would but i cant draw LOL, cant wait to see if/who picks this up 8)

Yeah i would have a go too, though i don't think i could think of any kind of decent storyline, and at the pace i work it would probably take me half a year, lol

Melainy said:
Quick question:

My scanner's gone kaput. Is there any way of taking a good quality photo of a drawing with a digital camera? :?

Thats quite hard, your best bet is to do it during the daytime using 'proper' light rather than artificial light from a lightbulb etc. It stops it from getting a yellowy-tinge then.

See if any of these help.

- The more light you get the easier it's going to be to get a sharp image (the shutter speed will be higher)
- Keep an eye out for shadows ... even a slight difference across the page will show on the computer; this can be avoided with some patience
- Try and take the photo so that the camera is on the same plane as the paper
- A bit of zoom may reduce lense distortion
- Take your photo from as stable position as you can, better if you can use a tripod or rest the camera on something fixed. Failing that go for one of the standard body tripod tricks (e.g. kneeling with one knee up, elbow on knee, camera in hand)
- If your camera wants to flash then you're not getting enough light, wait until later!
- Fill the camera's view finder with the paper. It's most likely that your camera uses an averaging method by default for choosing it's mid tones ... filling the view finder with the page should help you get the best result (when using the automatic settings)

<Jim Tzu>Picks up the poor lonely thread from the cold hard floor and looks pleadingly at the regulars</Jim Tzu>

Look! Look at the poor little fella! <sniff/> Will no-one breath life into this once great thread!? <sigh/> I remember the days, crepes in Paris, then a first class seat to New York ... <sob/>

:cry: Hang in there little fella ...

Oooh I'm liking the art style here - very dark and brooding...or maybe the contrast is set too high...either way, I'm excited already! I'd love to be in it, but I'll leave that up to you and your team to decide :wink:

Back