The General Conversation Area

ayase said:
Tachi- said:
Thinking of a new job though, can't work like this anymore, i'll end up accidentally killing someone because they won't leave me the hell alone.
All jobs are like that though, unless you're one of the lucky few who get to work exclusively with machines. Co-workers are all right, it's customers who are the bloody problem.
No it's bosses that don't even know your name and have nothing to do with you that come up to you and tell you how do your job that are the real pain in the ****.

I'm surprised I've held my tongue with the number of times I've wanted to tell them to feck off back to their cosy office.

Tachi: I'm sure that would be more fun then what you're doing at the moment. :p

With work though I've experinced all four types and the deadly fifth you're forgetting.

Ones who can't wait to doublecross you.

The customers though can be nice, there are some who you may wish to just vanish or leave you and everyone around you alone for eternity.

oh i've got all 5 in my office then

a fat bitch who sits eating all day called elaine... whenever possible will try and point out things i haven't done... small things like saving a spreadsheet in the last 20mins. yet i'm not moved across to training because the fat cow couldn't keep it up to date and she's trying to cope on the new bookings team... good luck to her, hope she fails and leaves soon.

work just landed me with a bitch of a task, 308 names, 9 training courses per person... we need a spreadsheet with all their info on it by the end of today.... "but i leave at 4"

only if i can do it.... okay each persons name needs a individual line per course, 308 people x 9 courses.... 2772 lines in 45mins.... just setting this thing up has taken forever. forget putting all the info in aswell.

atleast i'm off tomorrow, some other idiot can deal with this.

:)

i guess, but if i don't leave at 4.15 then the trust will be paying out for a friggin taxi to get me home. and if i'm late for my coach upto northampton then all hell will break loose in my house this weekend (coach is at 6.50.... if i don't leave till 5 then traffic will keep me till half 6 and that leaves no time for me to get home and grab my stuff, wait 15 mins for a bus to town and get the coach)

Stuart-says-yes said:
Interesting headline in the Daily Mail today.

"Get Britain out Europe Now", Apparently there the first british news paper that will from now on be making a constant push for Britain to leave the EU.

I wasn't really expecting this from a tabloidy paper but, yay, some Anti-EU awareness.
If a tabloid thought something up, it's a bad idea. Especially if that tabloid is the Daily Fail.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Interesting headline in the Daily Mail today.

"Get Britain out Europe Now", Apparently there the first british news paper that will from now on be making a constant push for Britain to leave the EU.

I wasn't really expecting this from a tabloidy paper but, yay, some Anti-EU awareness.

I think you'll find that that is no surprise, The Star has been pushing it a while (what a wonderful paper), the Express did for quite a while. The mail is constantly pushing its paranoid, isolationist agenda through its paper. Onto a readership that loves being told how moral they are and how outraged they should be at the "state of the nation". Frankly they seem to do laughably little to check stories, and their utmost to misrepresent every fact and statement for the sake of a headline that sells.

Besides leaving the EU would be economically disastrous for Britain. A loss of competitiveness, rising import costs and rocketing labour costs at the least. I'm not saying we should join the Euro, in fact I disagree with that entirely- but Britain should not abandon a position it benefits from in Europe. Frankly if you have a sensible, grounded belief that Britain should leave the EU then I would be very afraid that the Mail has picked up this drum, because you maybe about to be represented by them- in which case you would rapidly appear to be a delusional liar, which I am sure you're not.

TLDR/
It's the Mail, disassociate yourself and run!

@Aogu: So you want unelected bureaucrats to legislate over the UK? Don't even try to talk about Human Rights here, because UK Law has had the principle of everyone having basic Human Rights long before the EU legislated on it.

Lets also remember in 1999 the Commission was forced to disband when an independent report found evidence of fraud, mismanagement, and nepotism. [I dont have the report to hand- it's taken from one of my Law textbooks. "Elliot & Quinn - The English Legal System" 10th Ed. p.90]

This anti-European stuff is such a distraction. All government is the enemy, be they British, European or otherwise. Naive ideologue poster boys, manipulated behind the scenes by self-interested control freaks (who *never* go away no matter who you elect) for the purpose of subjugating and profiting from an ignorant and gullible populace. Government in a nutshell. A nutshell which desperately needs shoving in a steel press.

Its a good point Ayase, that said looking beyond the visual reprentations of the worlds power brokers is still a step beyond for most people.

I very much agree with your general sentiment.

ayase said:
This anti-European stuff is such a distraction. All government is the enemy, be they British, European or otherwise. Naive ideologue poster boys, manipulated behind the scenes by self-interested control freaks (who *never* go away no matter who you elect) for the purpose of subjugating and profiting from an ignorant and gullible populace. Government in a nutshell. A nutshell which desperately needs shoving in a steel press.

I agree with this, too.

Coming late to this party, but I have to ask. If goverment is the problem then what is the solution? I hear all complaints about every party, every type of control and strangely praise for all of them (yes even from idiots I know who say that Adolf had the right idea...That was a fun trip to saltburn). What is the way forward?

Also nice to see you on here again OutlawStar

I don't think there is a solution Black. I think there will always be manipulators and the manipulated, no matter what kind of society we have.

It just rightly pisses off anyone who has no desire to control others or to be under the control of others when that's our only choice. Where do we go? What do we do? I don't know.

Also lol @ fascists in Saltburn... I know it well, my mum only lives a couple of miles away.

BlackWolf said:
Coming late to this party, but I have to ask. If goverment is the problem then what is the solution? I hear all complaints about every party, every type of control and strangely praise for all of them (yes even from idiots I know who say that Adolf had the right idea...That was a fun trip to saltburn). What is the way forward?

Also nice to see you on here again OutlawStar

You too Blackwolf, been a while ey, hope your well.

The way forward is soverignty, self-sufficency, local economy, domestic currency creation out private hands, educating our children on teh realirty of the nature of government and the natuer of humans, because ultimately this is humans preying on humans, nothing more nothing less, the question is will you aqcuiesce, tak the easy way out, or become a soverign individual.

We need to educate our selves adn those we care about first and fore most on the natuer of government and why national soverignty is always the preferable option.

All that said its easier said than done, little steps must be taken on the way, education and action, action in your own life, set an example, be the change you want to see in the work, dont go asking people to show you how its done^__^

Anyway most people are happy to roll over so Im not hoding my breath, though conversey I do have hope!

ayase said:
I don't think there is a solution Black. I think there will always be manipulators and the manipulated, no matter what kind of society we have.

It just rightly pisses off anyone who has no desire to control others or to be under the control of others when that's our only choice. Where do we go? What do we do? I don't know.

Also lol @ fascists in Saltburn... I know it well, my mum only lives a couple of miles away.

There is a solution, but not perhaps a GLOBAL solution, you BE the solution, baby steps ayase, although people alwways rule people, it relies on the ignorance of the peopel to be manipulated, dont worry about others if you dont want, worry about yourself.

That said I totally see your point and find myself coming to that conclusioon often myself.

Godot said:
@Aogu: So you want unelected bureaucrats to legislate over the UK? Don't even try to talk about Human Rights here, because UK Law has had the principle of everyone having basic Human Rights long before the EU legislated on it.

Well I don't really see why I'd say anything about human rights....? But of course I wouldn't want unelected bureaucrats to legislate over the UK. But there are two key issues: 1)They don't , 2) With the system that is in place it is far more beneficial for the UK to be in than out cetus paribus. I'm not saying whether we should scrap governments, or remove the whole EU, or make a world wide currency, or anything! Just that cetus paribus it is far better for the UK to be in than out.

Aogu said:
Godot said:

Well I don't really see why I'd say anything about human rights....? But of course I wouldn't want unelected bureaucrats to legislate over the UK. But there are two key issues: 1)They don't , 2) With the system that is in place it is far more beneficial for the UK to be in than out cetus paribus. I'm not saying whether we should scrap governments, or remove the whole EU, or make a world wide currency, or anything! Just that cetus paribus it is far better for the UK to be in than out.

Oh so I suppose you elected Von Rumuoy then? I suppsoe you elected Barrosso?

And you dont think Europe has power over the UK??
You just wait, the IMF will come knocking to the UK jsut as it is in Ireland, adn its not going to be fun!

Back