The General Conversation Area

A few years ago I used to go up a local hill where I could watch firework displays all around.

Sadly the hill has been fenced off now and deemed off-limits, to protect the water springs

It's been a while and it looks like Play Asia never managed to find the Freezing LE so I cancelled the order. I'll wait until the second season is released to make my own decision (who knows, they might make a bundle like Sekirei in the future).

Zin5ki said:
NormanicGrav said:
It's been a while and it looks like Play Asia never managed to find the Freezing LE so I cancelled the order.
I fear it may take some time for your business relationship with them to thaw.

Not to mention I probably won't have enough to survive the last week of the semester before Christmas if I bought the set ($69 + customs/tax is not going to help at all, plus I just pre-ordered Man of Steel Steelbook and Wolverine 3D recently). I'll get the Standard edition like I did with Baka & Test. Actually I might exchange my decision with Freezing and start collecting Fairy Tail for once (£28 per part is not that bad [I'll pass on Collections, the fat BDs really annoy me especially with Black Lagoon's set]).

Speaking of P-A, I hear they've had bad reception amongst customers depending on the situation.

I had an unexpected trip to Basingstoke this evening, to regen my car's diesel particulate filter.

Although shows what happens with 2 or more supermarkets does to the price of fuel, driving 20 miles and the fuel is 4p a litre cheaper than this area (it's cheaper to fill up on the A303 services than it is in Andover Tesco atm!)

I just saw a gig of Muse live at the Rome Olympic Stadium at Cineworld. I think it was meant to be in 4K. If it was, then 4K is pretty meh.

Gig was awesome though - pretty much the exact same as when I saw them at the Emirates Stadium (the Rome gig was part of the same tour, so that makes sense), but was still amazing.

Guys, just a quick question:

I just bought the Negima!? (Magister Negi Magi) R2 DVD and noticed that the US release says re-imagined and uncut where as the UK version just says re-imagined.

Is there a difference between the two versions?

Ah yes, also.

Just bought Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 dvds and looked at runtimes on back.

According to Wikipedia, they are the runtimes of the theatrical versions.

Are they the uncut versions of the films?

frostythebudgie said:
Ah yes, also.

They should be since they're under .11 and .22 numbers. 1.11 and 2.22 are numbered like this as they're slightly altered versions of the original theatrical releases (well 1.11 was supposed to be 1.01 until an issue occurred in Japan/US) and are basically uncut/extended cuts. Although 3.33's release is slightly altered quality of animation rather than adding anything new to the home release.

I think I'm getting told if I was successful in getting one of the jobs tomorrow, if not then Friday would be my final day (walking out head held high with £3000 in a pay-off).

To be honest, I'm worried

Kite said:
I think I'm getting told if I was successful in getting one of the jobs tomorrow, if not then Friday would be my final day (walking out head held high with £3000 in a pay-off).

Good luck, hope you get the job.

Hopefully I will get something, as I've not had anything from the other jobs I've applied for outside the company.

Not even a "thank you for applying but you haven't been successful blah blah blah" email.

I spread my bets and went for all 4 jobs which were available, discounting 2 which are unlikely, I'm hoping for the auditor position, but would be happy with the team co-ordinator.

frostythebudgie said:
Ah yes, also.

Remember you have to take into consideration the PAL speedup which is applied on UK DVDs. (I'm naturally assuming that you are talking about the DVD and not the BD)

Kite said:

Good luck!

*a shadowy figure appears*

Alright people? Its been a while but I’m not dead yet so figured I’d show my face back in here and see how you all are.

For a brief catch up, I’m still in the NHS and looking towards another band jump if I can (extra 5k wouldn’t go a miss) my car went to ford fair along with the rest of the owners club and was a good success, since then I’ve fit a cold air induction, a 2 cone setup and a performance exhaust, full leather interior and an RS spoiler, cosworth alloys which I stripped and refurbished to a gloss white finish. The idea is to buy my first house next year (spring time hopefully) My anime fix has almost dead, I have a collection which 50% of the boxsets I’ve bought are still in the wrappers. I’ll get back into it one day, oh and if I don’t manage to get back here before the 22nd – happy birthday Ryo, I’ll be 23 so you must be ancient ;)

Hope you lot are still alright, wrap up warm and all that jazz with the cold weather setting in, till next time.

Tach

*wanders off in the cold morning mist*

I arrived outside my office this morning to find it emitting smoke and surrounded by firemen. It transpired that the basement sauna facility, belonging to a gymnasium, had set ablaze.

This being the case, much of the day was spent with colleagues in local dining establishments, which soon moved on to drinking establishments. A modicum of work was still performed, though not before a leisurely public-house luncheon.

Back