The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I don't understand why they shortened the Canyon part. If anything I thought they would've dropped the Pony part. PonCan? PonCanyon?
I suppose they're just far too cool just to retain the Pony Canyon name, or even Pony Canyon USA if we're pushing it.

Funimation have confirmed that Soul Eater NOT! will be receiving a bilingual* release on Blu-ray & DVD in Summer 2015.

*English dub and original Japanese language.

I'm assuming Soul Eater NOT isn't very good judging by the non-existent buzz when it was airing, as well as the terribad JP home video sales.
I seem to remember reading that the animation was pretty bad too...

Mangaranga said:
I'm assuming Soul Eater NOT isn't very good judging by the non-existent buzz when it was airing, as well as the terribad JP home video sales.
I seem to remember reading that the animation was pretty bad too...

Yeah it sames to have been received pretty badly. A shame, as I'm reading the manga at the moment and it's quite nicely done, and the characters are fun. It doesn't really feel like 'proper' Soul Eater though, and I know a lot of people have complained that NOT is just a moe-fication of the main show.

Space Dandy update with visuals and the reveal of a Standard edition on sale in January but available in October as an exclusive to the MCM con, which you can get signed by the director. - http://www.alltheanime.com/space-dandy-season-1/

I am positively ecstatic about this. The CE looks delicious & it's great they're able to get a standard out for people so soon after the CE release too.

Lineup for Leeds Film Festival's Anime Day (Sunday 9th November):

LIFF28 ANIME DAY: APPLESEED ALPHA, DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF GODS, SHORT PEACE, GIOVANNI'S ISLAND, GHOST IN THE SHELL, GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES

Source.

I'm not going this year as WWE's Leeds show is on the same day, but that lineup doesn't really grab me at all.

Dannielle said:
Space Dandy update with visuals and the reveal of a Standard edition on sale in January but available in October as an exclusive to the MCM con, which you can get signed by the director. - http://www.alltheanime.com/space-dandy-season-1/

I am positively ecstatic about this. The CE looks delicious & it's great they're able to get a standard out for people so soon after the CE release too.
Disappointed that the audio isn't 5.1 since that's how it was for the TV airing.
Also sad that the Toonami Ending isn't included as I rather liked that.

This caught my eye in the post:
However if you’ve watched Dandy on simulcast (or after simulcast as it’s soon to be available on at least one more platform) then you’ll know this is a special show!
I am hoping:

a) That other platform is Netflix
b) It will include Season 2
c) Feature the English dub, so I can finally watch season 2 since Wakanim failed there.

Other than that, glad to see both collector's and standard BDs offered again. Shame there's not much on-disc, but the book looks good.

VoxPhantom said:

LIFF28 ANIME DAY: APPLESEED ALPHA, DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF GODS, SHORT PEACE, GIOVANNI'S ISLAND, GHOST IN THE SHELL, GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES
Source.

I'm not going this year as WWE's Leeds show is on the same day, but that lineup doesn't really grab me at all.
Are they dubbed or subbed?

Baggie_Saiyan said:
VoxPhantom said:

Source.

No idea to be honest. 2012 and 2013 only had subtitled films shown though, nothing dubbed.

VoxPhantom said:
No idea to be honest. 2012 and 2013 only had subtitled films shown though, nothing dubbed.[/quote]

Yeah they confirmed it is subbed, still might go depending if Manga are actually gonna bring out the DBZ screens they promised.

Ath said:
This caught my eye in the post:
However if you’ve watched Dandy on simulcast (or after simulcast as it’s soon to be available on at least one more platform) then you’ll know this is a special show!
I am hoping:

a) That other platform is Netflix
b) It will include Season 2
c) Feature the English dub, so I can finally watch season 2 since Wakanim failed there.

Other than that, glad to see both collector's and standard BDs offered again. Shame there's not much on-disc, but the book looks good.

Sorry been a lonnnnggggg day or I'd have replied sooner! I can neither confirm or deny that Space Dandy is coming to Netflix contractually. HOWEVVVVERRRR - were it happening then B & C would be true on a wee time delay as the season only just finished.

Could be worth keeping an eye out in the next few weeks though as am sure, wherever it goes, it'll pop up then :).

Your friendly non-committal anime person,

Andrew

Baggie_Saiyan said:
VoxPhantom said:

Source.

To my knowledge:

Appleseed - Dubbed (original language is English in fact for it)
Dragonball - Dubbed (using same DCP we are for SLA)
Giovanni - Subbed
Short Peace - Subbed
GitS - Subbed
Grave of the Fireflies - Unsure, I'd assume subbed but worth asking on that one.

Looking forward to Space Dandy. I noticed the art book got bigger as well which is nice. Wasn't it originally 96 pages?

Also, it's the complete series 1, so I don't get why "Box 1" is on there.

Like Mangaranga said, it's a little disappointing there is no 5.1.

Only an English and French sub track are listed, so does that mean there's no sign/song track?

Might need someone to refresh my memory, but I'm sure there was a few episodes where there was some signs and alien text that had an English translation popped up. I'm sure the episode with Meows parents house was one.

Emulsion said:
Only an English and French sub track are listed, so does that mean there's no sign/song track?
Didn't spot that the first time. I'm probably overreacting, but based on the info in that post, this release could just be using the materials from the Japanese BDs - which had a lossy stereo track for the English dub, and no signs track.
I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

Dannielle said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Seven Seas ‏@gomanga 16 分

Get ready for 7 NEW LICENSE announcements 7 days in a row, starting OCT 1!!

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/516662573778075649

Tokyo Ghoul, Nozaki-Kun & The World God Only Knows pls. Someone, pls.

Shueisha, Square Enix, Shogakukan or if you prefer, Viz, Yen Press, Viz

Seven Seas have always been quite open about what they can and cannot licence, all those titles are locked into deals with other companies I'm afraid.

Back