The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
Lol well looks like I'm in the minority then. Pushing it to November won't make it much easier on your wallets seeing as we'll have space dandy and (barring delays) wings of honneamise! Another stellar month!

I just wish they'd actually comment. Usually they're rather forthcoming with information. I mean they'd know by now if its not gonna make this month so it would be nice to know.

Which title? Sorry been snowed under hence the lack of information updates!

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
Lol well looks like I'm in the minority then. Pushing it to November won't make it much easier on your wallets seeing as we'll have space dandy and (barring delays) wings of honneamise! Another stellar month!

I just wish they'd actually comment. Usually they're rather forthcoming with information. I mean they'd know by now if its not gonna make this month so it would be nice to know.

Which title? Sorry been snowed under hence the lack of information updates!

Andrew

Hey that's perfectly understandable, you guys have a busy end of year coming up with releases.

Your other potential October release, Blood Lad. Everything's gone quiet on it since last you mentioned artwork was pending approval a while back.

More pokemon releases announced for Australia. To be released in November; a month ahead of the Heritage collection

Pokemon-Season-1-2.jpg

Pokemon Season 1 & 2 Gift Set – $49.95
Season 1 – Catch the Pokémon story right from the very beginning! Meet Ash Ketchum, a 10-year-old boy from Pallet Town, who has an insatiable curiosity for Pokémon. Pokémon are creatures of various sizes and special powers that inhabit this world along with humans. Trainers like Ash are encouraged to undertake their own Pokémon journeys. Accompanied by his new friend Pikachu, Ash is about to embark on his quest to become the Greatest Pokémon Master Of All Time! Season 2 – After a stop in Pallet Town, Ash, Misty and Brock set out to find a rare and mysterious Poké Ball for Professor Oak. Their quest leads them to the Orange Islands, where Ash decides to battle in the Orange League Tournament. With new friends to meet, new Pokémon to discover, and tough new trainers to challenge them, the adventures never end for Ash and his friends!

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Region Collector’s Edition – $79.95
Pokémon Trainer Ash Ketchum and his best pal Pikachu are headed to the Hoenn region for another great Pokémon adventure! From volcanic Mt. Chimney to the wealth of islands that dot the region’s shores, Hoenn is the land where elements of earth and ocean meet. It’s more than just geology that makes this place special—Hoenn is home to scores of unique Pokémon species that inhabit the land, sea, and every place between. Ash might not be able to see them all, but he’s ready to try!
He’s also ready to battle his way to the top of the Hoenn League, but his new friend May isn’t interested in Pokémon—she wants to travel the world! That is, until her adventures with Ash inspire her to become a Pokémon Coordinator with championship dreams of her own. Together with May’s little brother Max and Ash’s old friend Brock, Ash and May are off on an epic journey across Hoenn! But when the ruthless forces of Team Aqua and Team Magma shake the region to its very foundations, are three young Trainers—and one know-it-all little brother—ready to confront the forces of evil and save the day?

And still Pokemon doesn't get a UK release... What gives?

The Naruto thing is, dare I say it - 'about time'. Though that said, the recent few chapters have given us some incredible single panels.

I bet Shonen Jump are crapping themselves in terms of what they replace it with - surely there'll be thousands of readers who just stop buying?

Lutga said:
And still Pokemon doesn't get a UK release... What gives?
Ask The Pokémon Company International. Jerome has said in the past that Manga UK has tried to obtain the rights to the series, but the licensors in Japan aren't letting it happen.

britguy said:
Hey that's perfectly understandable, you guys have a busy end of year coming up with releases.

Your other potential October release, Blood Lad. Everything's gone quiet on it since last you mentioned artwork was pending approval a while back.

Yeah - Q4 and SLA and MCM Expo makes for a very hellish while for us to be honest! Already planning Q1 as well.

Updates will be coming soon on AlltheAnime.com but here we go :

BLOOD LAD:

- It isn't slipping much actually (November) because we only got assets recently from the licensor for Viz's bonus features / dub.

- Check discs are in for us now but as ever - you can't do anything until you have BBFC. So that's what we are fast tracking through the system as we speak.

- Bonus is we'll be using the same booklet they did because it does pretty much what we had in mind (dub interviews though which isn't ideal for me but they did a lot of the work clearing the manga chapters from the DVD/BD and we cleared use so hooray, just packaging to approve).

Honneamise:

- Moving along, France has a really cool idea for the packaging that may mean a bit of shuffling to it's schedule but I like what they have in mind so I'll see what they come back with on it...

KILL LA KILL:

- I am WAY ahead of schedule on this one, I should have some advanced copies even for MCM if I am lucky (it's tentative for now and we'd need to price match Amazon at present) but that would certainly be a first for us if we manage. IFFFF.

Gurren Lagann - Ultimate Edition:

- Delayed until 2020. Kidding, it's on it's way to the warehouse now and I'll get samples shortly - expect photos of me hugging it in the foetal position after the pain we went through on it!

Gurren Lagann - DVD:

- Packaging is in approval currently, includes the films + Parallel Works and may well given the £49.99 tag need to use a standard Amaray box for this one - but I have the discs in to approve so I just want to go through them to be sure they're good to go first before I green light.

December isn't likely there, mid-November far more probable. Sorry there folks!

DRR!!

Sending for re-authoring this week and have been working on retrieving the signs tracks at present which is an epic task as the licensor is not being a huge help there. That's why the DVD delay because no point doing a botched rush-job on it as much as it pains me to delay that one :(.

AP

Elaniel said:
Thanks for the update Andrew! Any word on Patema Inverted?

Will update the KS this week, backer rewards coming asap. Final check discs expected this week coming so will go to print shortly there and we received grids + designs so looks likely to be a November release for the Ultimate now but there are some benefits (164 paged book, not 136 as advertised plus the soundtrack is now finalised & cleared for the release etc).

Expect updates soon!

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:

Yeah - Q4 and SLA and MCM Expo makes for a very hellish while for us to be honest! Already planning Q1 as well.

Updates will be coming soon on AlltheAnime.com but here we go :

BLOOD LAD:

- It isn't slipping much actually (November) because we only got assets recently from the licensor for Viz's bonus features / dub.

- Check discs are in for us now but as ever - you can't do anything until you have BBFC. So that's what we are fast tracking through the system as we speak.

- Bonus is we'll be using the same booklet they did because it does pretty much what we had in mind (dub interviews though which isn't ideal for me but they did a lot of the work clearing the manga chapters from the DVD/BD and we cleared use so hooray, just packaging to approve).

Honneamise:

- Moving along, France has a really cool idea for the packaging that may mean a bit of shuffling to it's schedule but I like what they have in mind so I'll see what they come back with on it...

KILL LA KILL:

- I am WAY ahead of schedule on this one, I should have some advanced copies even for MCM if I am lucky (it's tentative for now and we'd need to price match Amazon at present) but that would certainly be a first for us if we manage. IFFFF.

Gurren Lagann - Ultimate Edition:

- Delayed until 2020. Kidding, it's on it's way to the warehouse now and I'll get samples shortly - expect photos of me hugging it in the foetal position after the pain we went through on it!

Gurren Lagann - DVD:

- Packaging is in approval currently, includes the films + Parallel Works and may well given the £49.99 tag need to use a standard Amaray box for this one - but I have the discs in to approve so I just want to go through them to be sure they're good to go first before I green light.

DRR!!

Sending for re-authoring this week and have been working on retrieving the signs tracks at present which is an epic task as the licensor is not being a huge help there. That's why the DVD delay because no point doing a botched rush-job on it as much as it pains me to delay that one :(.

AP

That's great! Looking forward to your Q1 schedule (I expect 009 Re:Cyborg, A Letter to Momo & Fate/kaleid to appear).

Hi Andrew, so Blood Lad and Patema are November now, Is HAL still an October release?

So schedule looks like (hopefully without further delays ;) )

October
Gurren Lagann
HAL

November

Blood Lad
Patema
Space Dandy
Wings of Honneamise

December

Kill la Kill
Giovannis Island

Judging from your post I could see Honneamise slipping and I imagine the packaging issues you mentioned the whole industry has been delayed by will have an effect of GI and see that slipping to 2015

anime_andrew said:
Gurren Lagann - DVD:

Slightly bummed about the packaging as I love your rigid boxes, but it's understandable from a financial point of view.

GolGotha said:
anime_andrew said:
Gurren Lagann - DVD:

Slightly bummed about the packaging as I love your rigid boxes, but it's understandable from a financial point of view.

Also am pretty bummed - but the extra authoring (Films 1 & 2 on DVD) + £49.99 makes it hard to do without bleeding out per set and I didn't want to compromise on disc content for the DVD folks. Was a bit of a tough one for me to decide too really :(.

Andrew

BLOOD LAD:

Is the on disc stuff going to be the same as Viz's release? I know they had an art gallery and dub outtakes at least. I really like the look of the US release, so I'm looking forward to what the final design for this is like...

KILL LA KILL:

I'll make you a deal Andrew. If you manage to get some BD copies for MCM, I will come and buy a copy despite already buying the AniplexUSA LE volumes.

November is such a heavy month now, whoever it was who said November wouldn't be any better for me if there were delays, you were right lol. With DA3 coming out & my partners birthday, bloody hell. Pot Noodles for every meal of the day till December it is.

So guys and gals, with the Expo coming up, any predictions or wants for licenses? cause there has to be some considering MVM and Manga's plates are pretty bare for Q1.

Back