The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Side note: 3D??? Has that ever happened for flat animation?

Probably not but after noticing the fights in Battle of Gods were CGI (based on the trailer I saw) I can guess they'll be adding 3D effects to those fights specifically in the new film.

NormanicGrav said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:

Probably not but after noticing the fights in Battle of Gods were CGI (based on the trailer I saw) I can guess they'll be adding 3D effects to those fights specifically in the new film.
:| Hope that isn't the case the CGI scene in BoG was terribuble.

Patema Inverted Kickstarter Update:
Patema Inverted Update - Shipments!

It's been a couple weeks since our last update but we have some exciting news to share with you all. So, without further ado here we go!

Patema Inverted Shipments
It's finally here! The time to send out the Ultimate Edition and Standard Edition copies of Patema Inverted is finally upon us. Kickstarter backer copies of the UE and SE will be going out early next week - so you should expect to receive them soon!

I want to upgrade!
A handful of you who wanted to upgrade got in touch with me since the last update with their details. Thank you for being so punctual! If there is anyone else who want to upgrade and haven't gotten round to it, you better move! Your last chance to request this is end of day Wednesday the 19th (tomorrow). To do so, please email me at [email protected] with the headline 'Patema Inverted Upgrade' and I'll make sure to get your order updated.

NOTE: If you've DM'd me on Kickstarter months ago and haven't emailed me regarding an upgrade, please email me as soon as possible. I just want to make sure I've not missed anyone out!

Unfilled Backer Surveys
There are a very few backers out there who have not filled in their backer surveys! Please do so as soon as possible if you want to receive your copy early. I can't send out your copy of Patema Inverted without somewhere to send it!

Wait, did you say Ultimate and Standard Editions only?
Alas yes, the Collector's Edition of Patema Inverted has suffered a bit of a setback. Backers of the CE will still get their copies ahead of retail, albeit a bit later than their UE and SE counterparts. We're sorry for the delay and we know it's not ideal but please bear with us! It'll be worth it :)

The Collector's Edition will be sent to backers in January 2015.

For the Standard Edition backers thinking: 'Hey, don't we also get the booklet? How does THAT work?' All SE backers will receive the booklet at a later date once it's ready - we will be sending these out separately and at our own expense. So, all Standard Edition backers will have the full shebang, but the booklet will come along a wee bit later than the discs.

Backer Rewards, where are they?
We've not forgotten! We are in the process of sorting this out now - and is entirely our bad, sorry folks. It looks likely that you'll be getting the final product before the other rewards! We are aiming to get them out the door as soon as possible. This includes this digital rewards too.

Great! Anything else?
I think that's it for now! We'll be back to update when we've got some more news. But just a reminders: If you want to upgrade please email me now! If you haven't filled in your backer survey, PLEASE do so by tomorrow so that I can make sure your copy is sent out with the rest!

Oh and one more thing...
We just took receipt of some Standard Edition Patema Inverted discs in the office! Wanna see 'em?
The pictures of the Standard Edition are shown on the UK Cover Art thread.

NormanicGrav said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:

There was actually an interesting article on ANN not long ago about actual hand-drawn 3D anime from the 80s.

Discotek have announced via their facebook page that their upcoming DVD release of Miyazaki Snr's Castle of Cagliostro will carry some interesting extras, including both Streamline and Manga dubs, along with a 'family friendly' edit of the latter. Also on offer is a new commentary track from Reed Nelson of the Lupin III Encyclopaedia and, most intriguingly, the original English subtitle track from 1980.

Perhaps we'll finally find out where that "something of grave importance" line came from...

Dub fans, prepare for some disappointment but then again this is Sentai after all.

Sentai Filmworks March 2015 line up:
Devils and Realist [Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist] - Complete Series - Japanese [Sub-Only] - 17 March 2015
Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons [Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi] - Season 2 - Japanese [Sub-Only] - 10 March 2015
Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods - Complete Series - Japanese [Sub-Only] - Release Date: 10 March 2015
Outbreak Company - Complete Series - English & Japanese - Release Date: 03 March 2015
Place to Place [Acchi Kocchi] - Complete Series - Japanese [Sub-Only] - Release Date: 24 March 2015 - Blu-ray release
Student Council Discretion [Seitokai no Ichizon] - Season 1 - Japanese [Sub-Only] - Release Date: 24 March 2015
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - Season 3 - English & Japanese - Release Date: 03 March 2015

Note all are getting Blu-ray & DVD releases. Place to Place is a re-release for the Blu-ray format.

You can view the artwork for these new titles here via Overseas Cover Art thread

I was hoping Familiar Of Zero would get the dub treatment, if only for a little of my own piece of mind regarding MVM releasing the next two seasons on BD...

Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods looks cuter than I thought it was. I'm going to have to look that one up again.

Just noticed TWGOK doesn't say it includes the connecting Tenri OVA's, that's a bummer. In two minds now, seeing as those are vital to the story.

I'm certainly not going to bother with TWGOK s3 without those OAVs as it was too confusing to follow when I tried it out streaming that way. If they're coming later (like with Queen's Blade) I can wait. I'll buy Makai Ouji even though it was sort of annoying, and Gingitsune is a definite possibility.

R

The only title I'm interested in out of that lot are Zero no Tsukaima 2. I might pick up the new TWGoK release, but as much as I enjoyed seasons 1 & 2 I just don't really care about Season 3.
I didn't watch any of it, and there's absolutely zero buzz around it unlike the first two seasons. Outside of Acchi Kocchi I haven't even heard of the rest of the shows.

NormanicGrav said:
Dub fans, prepare for some disappointment but then again this is Sentai after all.
It should be more along the lines of "Dub Fans, rejoice for you don't have to listen to Sentai's poorly scripted, hentai quality dubs" They seem to be getting progressively worse as of late. Log Horizon's dub is absolutely terrible.

Mangaranga said:
It should be more along the lines of "Dub Fans, rejoice for you don't have to listen to Sentai's poorly scripted, hentai quality dubs" They seem to be getting progressively worse as of late. Log Horizon's dub is absolutely terrible.
Actually, I thought Log Horizon's dub was rather charming to listen to, except Nyanta's voice. Not sure what they were thinking there.

Disappointed Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods isn't getting dubbed, but oh well.

Mangaranga said:
It should be more along the lines of "Dub Fans, rejoice for you don't have to listen to Sentai's poorly scripted, hentai quality dubs" They seem to be getting progressively worse as of late. Log Horizon's dub is absolutely terrible.[/quote]

Yeah, I was trailing out the dub for Sunday without God, it wasn't very good, mostly the voices were the problem. I only watch anime dubbed so it is a shame the story looked quite interesting.

Gotta say the collector's edition of Patema Inverted is the one I backed so I'm massively disappointed it's been delayed :( I think it hurts more that it was a kickstarter and not a normal release as part of the sales pitch was 'get it before its released on Amazon etc' but I guess these things can't be helped. 2 things for AL tho: #1 when you say Jan 2015 please don't mean Jan 31st 2015 (pretty PLEASE) and #2 you need to pray Amazon don't drop the price lower than the kickstarter price for the CE before you ship them because on top of making use wait an extra two months a lower price is gonna be the biggest kick when your down feeling and is maybe gonna make people think twice before backing you next kickstarter as opposed to just waiting.

Jon O Fun said:
Gotta say the collector's edition of Patema Inverted is the one I backed so I'm massively disappointed it's been delayed :( I think it hurts more that it was a kickstarter and not a normal release as part of the sales pitch was 'get it before its released on Amazon etc' but I guess these things can't be helped. 2 things for AL tho: #1 when you say Jan 2015 please don't mean Jan 31st 2015 (pretty PLEASE) and #2 you need to pray Amazon don't drop the price lower than the kickstarter price for the CE before you ship them because on top of making use wait an extra two months a lower price is gonna be the biggest kick when your down feeling and is maybe gonna make people think twice before backing you next kickstarter as opposed to just waiting.

Hi Jon O Fun,

So are we really but our new printers are at least good enough to say when they know it won't be ready by a date given. This is better than companies that have in past claimed they can do it then delayed repeatedly with no realistic schedule :). It sucks to wait but it will definitely be worth it we can assure you :).

Now some things to be aware of:

#0 - The sales pitch was before it gets released on Amazon - which is still true. Backers will get their copies before the retail date for each SKU. It's hardly fair (or smart commercially) to hold parts already finished and we're not going to ship Collector's editions out before we've got backers theirs :).

#1 - Unlikely to be the 31st, fear not :).

#2 - Really, I'm not praying for anything barring a day off to rest at this stage as I've been working solidly with no days off since the start of September for the ends of delivering cool products, events and licenses for folks :). Alas I'm no space wizard - I don't control Amazon but we're not planning on a crazy-crazy deep discount on it before it comes out and Amazon is not really known to go lower than the initial price they set unless incited. The lowest Perfect Blue ever went as my memory goes was £21.99 too, so I'm thinking no need to fret there :).

Again sorry - delays suck, but it'll be worth it :).

Best,

Andrew

Dannielle said:
Just noticed TWGOK doesn't say it includes the connecting Tenri OVA's, that's a bummer. In two minds now, seeing as those are vital to the story.

Rui said:
I'm certainly not going to bother with TWGOK s3 without those OAVs as it was too confusing to follow when I tried it out streaming that way. If they're coming later (like with Queen's Blade) I can wait.

B2Rs63_IQAA6Sbi.jpg

I actually tweeted Sentai back when they announced the season 3 license, but I never heard back (will try again). I was hoping the delay with announcing the license was due to negotiations over the OVAs but who knows? To my knowledge, they didn't license the connecting OVAs for To Love Ru either.

(And annoyingly, the Tenri OVAs would have to come first).

Andrew, will those of us who ordered the Patema UE from your store have our copies posted on or around the official release date? I know that backers are supposed to get theirs a couple of weeks before general release but I thought I'd check to make sure. It's not a big deal if I have to wait a bit longer as I didn't back the KS and haven't paid yet.

Exciting news came from Viz Media today:

Naruto and Bleach Box Sets will be reprinted!

By popular demand, we are rebuilding the previously released Naruto and Bleach Box Sets! They are being built right now with an estimated arrival this coming January. There's no better way to get started on two of our most popular and legendary manga series than with these deluxe box sets complete with manga at a value price and some awesome bonuses!

Naruto Box Set 1 comes with Vols. 1-27 of everyone's favorite ninja manga. Bleach Box Set 1 comes with Vols. 1-21 of the stylish and action packed paranormal adventure manga. Both come with an exclusive double sided poster and special character guides.

Look out for these box sets, available January 2015.
But that's not all. Naruto Box Set 2 and Bleach Box Set 2 was also announced for release.

Not only are we rebuilding the first Naruto and Bleach Box Sets. We are also releasing second ones as well! Look out for Naruto Box Set 2 and Bleach Box Set 2 on July 2015!

Naruto Box Set 2 comes with Vols. 28-48 while Bleach Box Set 2 comes with Vols. 22-48. Both sets come with an exclusive double sided poster as well as an exclusive print edition of the Naruto and Bleach pilot one shots that started it all!

Naruto Box Set 2 and Bleach Box Set 2 come out July 2015. Pre-order yours today!

---------

In other news, Kuroko's Basketball Season 3 will air on January 10th (Winter 2015 season) and Knights of Sidonia Season 2 will air during the Spring 2015 season.

And as a quick reminder, Aniplex of America have another live show airing at 3am tonight "Release Date Updates, Announcement, Win a Trip to Anime Japan Sweepstakes Winner reveal."

I assume they could announce more titles for the February/March line up. Probably Gurren Lagann Volume 3, Nisekoi Volume 2, Koimonogatari and perhaps.. Day Break Illusion, Magi Season 2, Samurai Flamenco & The Irregular at Magic High School?

Aniplex of America announcements:
- New license: Durarara!! x 2 - all three parts of the series which will air Winter 2015, Summer 2015 & Winter 2016
- New license: Expelled from Paradise - the latest Gen Urobuchi work which is actually coming out on home release quite soon in Japan after theatrical, the US release will have a theatrical show in December
- New release: Gurren Lagann Volumes 3 [11-16], 4 [17-22] & 5 [23-27] - set for January 06, February 03 & March 03 respectively, no Parallel Works included as bonus feature.
- New release: Nisekoi: False Love Volume 2 [06-10] - set for January 27

Hi everyone. Just to make it known Manga UK will be releasing a standalone DVD and Blu-ray of One Piece Movie 8 on 5th January. (Movie 8 was previously included in the DVD set One Piece Movie Collection 3.) Should be more details on this soon but thought you'd like to know.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Hi everyone. Just to make it known Manga UK will be releasing a standalone DVD and Blu-ray of One Piece Movie 8 on 5th January. (Movie 8 was previously included in the DVD set One Piece Movie Collection 3.) Should be more details on this soon but thought you'd like to know.

To Follow-up on that pre-order links are active on Amazon and Anime-On-Line (as mentioned by AnimeBlurayUK earlier today)

Back