The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Emo185 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Unfortunately, I don't. I didn't even know they started dubbing the latest season of Kai yet.

As far as I am aware they haven't.... and the episodes show on KIX TV only go up to the end of the Cell Saga (not to mention they are edited).

I believe KIX TV can also be received on Freesat.

They technically have. Numerous voice actors who worked on Kai stated they've been dubbing the Majin Buu arc and Funimation keeps denying it. Worst kept secret I would say.

Emo185 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Unfortunately, I don't. I didn't even know they started dubbing the latest season of Kai yet.

As far as I am aware they haven't.... and the episodes show on KIX TV only go up to the end of the Cell Saga (not to mention they are edited).

I believe KIX TV can also be received on Freesat.

Ah right. I've seen all of those ones. I was just watching the Buu saga fansubbed.

I can't remember or find which thread it was in (apologies) but I believe there was a discussion going on somewhere regarding the wikileaks release of Sony documents...?

Well they have just gone from around 30,000 released docs to around 300,000!

Potential goldmine of anime related info in there... For example a search on Evangelion returns 82 docs alone...

I neither endorse or condone accessing any info in this.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/docs/

Latest BBFC ratings update:

Patlabor Mobile Police: The New Files
Rated: 15 - [Episodes 1-4 (PG)] mild bad language, fantasy violence [Episodes 5-10 (15)] sexualised nudity, injury detail [Episodes 11-16 (PG)] mild bad language, violence, threat

Space Dandy (Season 2)
Rated: 15 - [Overall (15)] moderate sex references, violence

IncendiaryLemon said:
I think that's the first time I've seen a show jump two age ratings between discs.

I would say the same with Mawaru Penguindrum.

Disc 1 - 12
Disc 2 - 12
Disc 3 - 12
Disc 4 - 18
Disc 5 - 12
Disc 6 - 12

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I think that's the first time I've seen a show jump two age ratings between discs.

Disc 1 - 12
Disc 2 - 12
Disc 3 - 12
Disc 4 - 18
Disc 5 - 12
Disc 6 - 12

Wow. I haven't heard of the show but to go from 12 to 18 must have been jarring.

IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Disc 1 - 12
Disc 2 - 12
Disc 3 - 12
Disc 4 - 18
Disc 5 - 12
Disc 6 - 12

Wow. I haven't heard of the show but to go from 12 to 18 must have been jarring.

It ended up with that rating over 'Strong Sexual Threat'. I haven't seen the show myself so I can't judge but was it really that bad to earn the rating?

Jatz said:
Without spoiling anything, it's to do with one scene in particular. I think it was from episode 14.

Agreed. I'd say the scene in question earned the rating. I can't really explain without major spoilers, as it's one of those shows with lots of twists & turns but It did make me .. "0_o" and feel a bit ..uncomfortable.

Yeah, the Penguindrum scene was pretty shocking tbh - it's not even that you 'see' anything per se, but the subject matter is extremely icky for a whole load of reasons.

Jatz said:
Without spoiling anything, it's to do with one scene in particular. I think it was from episode 14.

If you know what "strong sexual threat" means, it's easy to work out just about what happens in the scene in question. It normally earns a 15, so it must be especially strong to get an 18...

NormanicGrav said:

Patlabor Mobile Police: The New Files
Rated: 15 - [Episodes 1-4 (PG)] mild bad language, fantasy violence [Episodes 5-10 (15)] sexualised nudity, injury detail [Episodes 11-16 (PG)] mild bad language, violence, threat

Space Dandy (Season 2)
Rated: 15 - [Overall (15)] moderate sex references, violence

Perfectly understandable that the second disc would be rated at 15 given three of the episodes included on the disc; but even then it may be a little 'overboard' since a 12 rating may have been fine.

One Episode sees half of the unit dead with blood splattered across rooms and so forth; another sees the chief and a woman visit a love hotel just so that they can sleep the night and another episode sees the entire male cast naked in a bathhouse while trying to find a murder

Emo185 said:
Perfectly understandable that the second disc would be rated at 15 given three of the episodes included on the disc; but even then it may be a little 'overboard' since a 12 rating may have been fine.

One Episode sees half of the unit dead with blood splattered across rooms and so forth; another sees the chief and a woman visit a love hotel just so that they can sleep the night and another episode sees the entire male cast naked in a bathhouse while trying to find a murder

Haha yeah those episodes are seriously some of my favorites in the already sublime Patlabor series, man what a show. The episode with Goto and Shinobu...so good.

Sword Art Online II (Part 1)
Rated: 15 - [Overall (15)] strong bloody violence

I guess the flashback (little Sinon shooting the burglar to save her mother) didn't cause much of a distress for the BBFC then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what they'll make of the second half the attempted rape scene is pretty harrowing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back