The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Buzzkillington said:
Today I learned I have more in common with female anime watchers than I do male. Good to know, I guess :p Then again, considering I haven't even heard of most of these shows goes to show I'm probably out of touch with all anime watchers lol only watching Durarara and Gangsta.

Looking at the titles they mention I think I'm in this situation too. Clearly all the males are moe loving Otaku :folarm:

Buzzkillington said:
Today I learned I have more in common with female anime watchers than I do male. Good to know, I guess :p Then again, considering I haven't even heard of most of these shows goes to show I'm probably out of touch with all anime watchers lol only watching Durarara and Gangsta.

Same here, guess it must be our feminine side :D

If I read that right, only 80 out of 826 of the people looking forward to Non Non Biyori Repeat are female. I'd have thought it would be pretty even, I wonder if women avoid it because it seems like a "moe show for men" to them. Not that poll results are entirely reliable but it's an interesting thought.

I hope that we can get over the idea that things are "for men" or "for women" at some point, it does seem like we're making progress but I think we still have a long way to go.

Lutga said:
The other day I discovered there were Non Non Biyori hug pillows - now that is just...
Not all hugging is sexual. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself, at least.

On a totally unrelated note, all that stuff in my cupboard is for my self-study project... Yeah.

Dannielle said:
According to Amazon, The Eccentric Family will be released by MVM on the 23 Nov. 2015, can only see Blu Ray : http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Eccentric-F ... ywords=mvm

Ya'know, I did wonder about this being licensed due to a comment made on one of UKAnime's recent video reviews, nice to see the hint coming to light.

Wonder if this will be a standard release or similar to the NISA set?

EDIT: Looks like all of MVM's Q4 on Amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_dat ... -desc-rank

Probably a standard release. I don't think an Australian version exists (and if it did it's probably DVD only).

Akame ga Kill! English Dub cast:
CL8Ufv_WwAAcAUu.png

Back