The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

kuuderes_shadow said:
It's not a hoax. It's counting down to Owarimonogatari episode 1's air time.
It's apparently actually counting down to right after Owarimonogatari's first episode... So it's probably a countdown to another countdown/announcement/pv or something.

There's no way Shaft won't do Kizumonogatari - it will literally print money for them. And plus, if Nisio doesn't write more Monigatari books, then once they finish animating the current stuff then Kizu is all that's currently left.

Lutga said:
There's no way Shaft won't do Kizumonogatari - it will literally print money for them. And plus, if Nisio doesn't write more Monigatari books, then once they finish animating the current stuff then Kizu is all that's currently left.

Well aside from Kizu here's what's left, all from Monogatari series: Final Season:
Koyomimonogatari
Otorimonogatari Volume 3
Zoku-Otorimonogatari

and Orokamonogatari (Monogatari series: Next Season) - LN's out 6th October this year.

A new trailer for the Ajin film popped up in my youtube recommendations, if anyone's interested.

Can't say I'm massively impressed by the CGI, but having no prior knowledge of the story, I was amused at how much the trailer makes it look like the plot is borrowed from Akira.

Last edited by a moderator:
@trigger_inc
続③→『TRIGGER ANIMATION EXPO』【期間】10/14(水)~10/25(日)【会場】東京アニメセンターwithあるあるCity。TRIGGERオリジナル作品をテーマにした初展示会を開催!
6jX5gFK.jpg

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/649081700278906880

TRIGGER ANIMATION EXPO on October 14th (Wednesday) until October 25th (Sunday) at the Tokyo Anime Center. An announcement of a new original anime is expected on the 14th.

BlackStrat said:
Kizumonogatari countdown
http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

Check the source code :lol:

At this point I think we all know it's coming right at the end, some kind of 'lets show how it all started at the very end thing'

I suppose it's always possible they'll release it in November alongside the figure http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98667, they've been working on it for so long I can well imagine it'd be good to go for a cinema release at any time and it's not like they need a massive amount of time to advertise it given how popular the series is and how long everyone has waited for this movie

qaiz said:
@trigger_inc
続③→『TRIGGER ANIMATION EXPO』【期間】10/14(水)~10/25(日)【会場】東京アニメセンターwithあるあるCity。TRIGGERオリジナル作品をテーマにした初展示会を開催!
6jX5gFK.jpg

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/649081700278906880

TRIGGER ANIMATION EXPO on October 14th (Wednesday) until October 25th (Sunday) at the Tokyo Anime Center. An announcement of a new original anime is expected on the 14th.

Well I'm definitely excited. So long as it's their A team and not their Ninja Slayer team then consider me hyped!

The rumours are true, Manglobe has filed for bankruptcy. It has not yet been confirmed if work on Genocidal Organ has been completed, but some articles are suggesting it hasn't.

As expected the comments are all stupid, apparently people haven't yet twigged that animation studios do most of their work for hire. The problem is probably that they didn't attract enough work, not that the work they did didn't sell well (although that might be why they didn't attract enough work).

A shame about Manglobe, they made some of my favourites. I feel a bit bad that I was annoyed by the often-crummy animation quality in GANGSTA. now.

R

Rui said:
A shame about Manglobe, they made some of my favourites. I feel a bit bad that I was annoyed by the often-crummy animation quality in GANGSTA. now.

R

Wow just looking down the list of what they've worked on a lot of my favourites too

They gave the world Samurai Flamenco, I'll always be grateful.

Haven't the Project Itoh films been licensed outside of Japan as well? If it hasn't been finished it could cause some issues ..

Dannielle said:

Haven't the Project Itoh films been licensed outside of Japan as well? If it hasn't been finished it could cause some issues ..

FUNimation has them for the US, AL seem to be circling them for the UK. I believe they swapped the release dates, so Genocidal Organ will be finished by some other studio.

Buzz201 said:
Dannielle said:

FUNimation has them for the US, AL seem to be circling them for the UK. I believe they swapped the release dates, so Genocidal Organ will be finished by some other studio.

Given that @Anime has the French rights I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew has them, specially when he's really excited for Empire of Corpses.

Buzz201 said:
The rumours are true, Manglobe has filed for bankruptcy. It has not yet been confirmed if work on Genocidal Organ has been completed, but some articles are suggesting it hasn't.

As expected the comments are all stupid, apparently people haven't yet twigged that animation studios do most of their work for hire. The problem is probably that they didn't attract enough work, not that the work they did didn't sell well (although that might be why they didn't attract enough work).
Which is why trigger spend their off seasnons doing LN Adaptaions and Shorts.

(and occasionaly doing their on Seasons with stupid crap like Ninja Slayer). Seriously, they should just ask [Adult Swim] out already and get on with it.

People are upset about a Gamergate reference in a dubbed episode of Prison School. ""Have you got a stick up your ass? Are you one of those GamerGate creeps?" FUNi have taken it to heart and responded with the most ridiculous non-statement on the matter ever (which to fair, is about all the response it deserves).

The GamerGate folks would like you to know that this time it's not about ethics in journalism, it's about "production quality". They're upset FUNi has included a pop culture reference that will soon be out of date (because it's not like the rest of the show is full of those or anything :roll:).

Buzz201 said:
People are upset about a Gamergate reference in a dubbed episode of Prison School. ""Have you got a stick up your ass? Are you one of those GamerGate creeps?" FUNi have taken it to heart and responded with the most ridiculous non-statement on the matter ever (which to fair, is about all the response it deserves).

The GamerGate folks would like you to know that this time it's not about ethics in journalism, it's about "production quality". They're upset FUNi has included a pop culture reference that will soon be out of date (because it's not like the rest of the show is full of those or anything :roll:).
To be fair, I'm also opposed to the line being added to Prison School and I've always distanced myself from GamerGate (both sides are a hot mess I'd rather not get mixed up :p). I don't think inserting a personal opinion about such a volatile topic into someone else's work is a good thing to do. Zac from AnimeNewsNetwork summed it up best in a tweet:
They didn't create Prison School. It isn't their show to rewrite however they see fit, IMO.
Given the way the writer of the line has responded to the controversy on Twitter, I wonder whether the intention of the line was to provoke as opposed to anything else. Especially considering that to be honest, if you're going to include a jab at GamerGate into a dub, Prison School is hardly going to be the show with an audience that will appreciate it.

Joshawott said:
To be fair, I'm also opposed to the line being added to Prison School and I've always distanced myself from GamerGate (both sides are a hot mess I'd rather not get mixed up :p). I don't think inserting a personal opinion about such a volatile topic into someone else's work is a good thing to do. Zac from AnimeNewsNetwork summed it up best in a tweet:
They didn't create Prison School. It isn't their show to rewrite however they see fit, IMO.
Given the way the writer of the line has responded to the controversy on Twitter, I wonder whether the intention of the line was to provoke as opposed to anything else; especially considering that to be honest, if you're going to include a jab at GamerGate, Prison School is hardly going to be the show with an audience that will appreciate it.

I personally don't see dubs as translations, they're more interpretations. As long as it's not massively out of keeping with the author's intentions and the tone of the work (and I don't think that line is), I don't see a problem with it.

Somebody at Showgate must have approved the dub script, so we can only assume nobody in Japan had a problem with the change either...

Buzz201 said:
Joshawott said:
Given the way the writer of the line has responded to the controversy on Twitter, I wonder whether the intention of the line was to provoke as opposed to anything else; especially considering that to be honest, if you're going to include a jab at GamerGate, Prison School is hardly going to be the show with an audience that will appreciate it.

I personally don't see dubs as translations, they're more interpretations. As long as it's not massively out of keeping with the author's intentions and the tone of the work (and I don't think that line is), I don't see a problem with it.

Somebody at Showgate must have approved the dub script, so we can only assume nobody in Japan had a problem with the change either...

As Zac pointed out in a subsequent tweet, due to the timescale of broadcast dubs and deadlines, it's actually more likely that the Japanese side weren't consulted to approve every line of the dub script. I think it will be interesting to see what happens in regards to the series' home video release, because I doubt anyone on the Japanese side will be happy with the results of a "Prison School" search on Twitter thanks to that one line.

I personally hope that the line is replaced with a more literal translation for the home video release, for no reason other than cutting off any association whatsoever between the series and GamerGate. I've seen FUNimation criticised not only by supporters of GamerGate who feel that the line is a jab at them, but also by opponents of GamerGate for giving the movement recognition, as well as just for being Prison School. So I don't see how the situation is anything but a lose-lose for FUNimation aside from getting more people to talk about the series (albeit it in the way we are doing now).

Back