The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Cel said:
NormanicGrav said:
Cel said:
Is there any chance of Nisekoi getting a release over here?

One word - Kaze.

iblyP7bElbmywF.gif

Heh. *Funny enough I've been meaning to watch and play Persona 3 at some point*

black1blade said:
Is that what it looked like?!

Not exactly :) In persona 3 they have to shoot themselves in the head using a special gun to release their persona.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay I thought people where saying how terrible kaze's video quality was or something. Stupid now that I think of it because it's a gif...

Hmmmm I may just have to purchase it from Amazon US for around $25 before postage costs as yeah duno if I can trust Manga and wait until summer.

Does anyone know is 11 & 12 has been shown in Japan now so that they can hopefully be English Dubbed? Would really like to say I've finished Hellsing Ultimate seeing as it's been sooooo many years and counting I've committed to it hehe.

-Danielle- said:
Hmmmm I may just have to purchase it from Amazon US for around $25 before postage costs as yeah duno if I can trust Manga and wait until summer.

Does anyone know is 11 & 12 has been shown in Japan now so that they can hopefully be English Dubbed? Would really like to say I've finished Hellsing Ultimate seeing as it's been sooooo many years and counting I've committed to it hehe.

I assume you're referring to Hellsing Ultimate. Volumes IX and X conclude the OVA series.

-Danielle- said:

Hellsing Ultimate is 10 parts long, unless I've missed something.

Lutga said:
Out of the above, I've only seen Gungrave, and I suppose the easiest way to sum it up is that it's a show that you need to take your time with.

When you watch the first episode, you'll think it's one thing, but give it a few episodes more and it essentially tears all that up and becomes something completely different. It's extremely good at storytelling, which makes sense as the bulk of the show is essentially one long flashback that carries on for episode after episode. There's this constant lingering sense of menace behind it all too, because you just know 'something' is going to happen, and it keeps you on your toes the whole time. If you like mafia/crime type stuff, you'll love it - and it does a very good job of conveying time passing as we follow characters along a rise, and rise, and then finally... inevitable fall.
Dan said:
Looks like you've got your Gungrave answer. I loved it, although it's been a while and I'm a little scared to revisit it just incase it doesn't stand the test of time but I've also seen Samurai 7. Gotta be honest it shocked me, I loved the comradre between the characters, the story unfolds pretty well too. If I remember correctly I felt it lost a bit of momentum towards the end (although that could have just been me) but a solid series non the less.
robot monkey said:
I watched Burst Angel all the way through & it's an OK show but nothing special. The animation for the time it was made was good and is better than both the characterisation & a lot of the story. Pick it up if you can find it at a decent price.

Witchblade bored me & I only watched it part of the way through before giving up on it. To me it seemed like it was trying to sell itself on its connection to a well known comic series at the time & its fanservice, and nothing else.
Cheers you three that helps in making decision on whether to upgrade them or not. I've decided to upgrade Gungrave & Samurai 7 to blu ray as it sounds like those two will be good and should look good in HD, not sure on Moribito yet but i think i'll just stick with the DVDs for Burst Angel & Witchblade. I'm about halfway through Burst Angel now and yeah your right it's ok but just average really, i'll finish it but probably won't watch it again.

Just received an email from Amazon telling me my next rental disc is on its way and its Durarara. With the sign sub issue, is this gonna kill the show for me? I'll be watching the dub, so the English subs won't be an issue, just the sign subs.

Dan said:
Just received an email from Amazon telling me my next rental disc is on its way and its Durarara. With the sign sub issue, is this gonna kill the show for me? I'll be watching the dub, so the English subs won't be an issue, just the sign subs.

I've got the blu-ray set but haven't watched the show yet as the discs in the set don't have sign subs for the dub so i'm waiting for Anime Limited's replacement discs before i watch it, looks like they'll be doing the re-authoring soon but there isn't an eta of when it'll be completed yet though. For them to do a complete re-author of the discs for the sign subs i'm guessing what you're told through the sign subs is quite important to the story. If you're going to watch the show in dub i'd suggest waiting till they've re-authored the discs.

Dan said:
I watched the Aniplex BD set and honestly, It's fine without. Just turn on the subtitles during the OP/ED, and scenes such as when Izaya and Simon are speaking Russian.

DragonBlaze67 said:
I've got the blu-ray set but haven't watched the show yet as the discs in the set don't have sign subs for the dub so i'm waiting for Anime Limited's replacement discs before i watch it, looks like they'll be doing the re-authoring soon but there isn't an eta of when it'll be completed yet though. For them to do a complete re-author of the discs for the sign subs i'm guessing what you're told through the sign subs is quite important to the story. If you're going to watch the show in dub i'd suggest waiting till they've re-authored the discs.
The problem wasn't so much that there was a signs track missing. My brief experience with Siren's discs is that they are timed poorly and are have small yellow subtitles. I believe there was also other issues too.

Really? Hellsing only goes up to Volume 10 meaning all are now released? I'd be happy with that but I'm sure a few years back I read about an 11 & 12 as "She" features in it. I duno though, I could be confusing myself :p

-Danielle- said:
Really? Hellsing only goes up to Volume 10 meaning all are now released? I'd be happy with that but I'm sure a few years back I read about an 11 & 12 as "She" features in it. I duno though, I could be confusing myself :p

Nope. 9 + 10 are still yet to be released in the UK :3

Another non-anime manga question (sorry) but has anyone got any idea on wither the Light Novel or Manga is considered better for both The Devil is a Part-Timer and Log Horizon? Just both are now available to pre-order on Amazon in novel or manga formats, so was just wondering what is generally considered the better format for these two. Or is it just down to personal preference?

The Devil Is a Part-Timer was originally a light novel, so I've pre-ordered that over the manga (after having enjoyed the anime), as I feel its the original version and therefore the version most likely to get the most story out of.

King Jimmeh said:
The Devil Is a Part-Timer was originally a light novel, so I've pre-ordered that over the manga (after having enjoyed the anime), as I feel its the original version and therefore the version most likely to get the most story out of.

I'd say that's an accurate assessment. In my experience any adaptation of the source normally omits things or flat out alters them to suit its needs.

Dos anyone use Proxmate on crunchyroll to unlock the full catalouge and is it safe?

Back