The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Stiivun said:
Thanks for the explanation.

@ayase, the one i have a chance of getting is the First edition but with all volumes, so the artbox which came with volume 1 and then the 3 other volumes also. So a complete set.

I guess for 25€ (approx. 18,15£) i shouldn't doubt too long getting this :)

Ohh, I have that one. It's really nice to look at, you'll love it :3

Am aiming to clear off some of my backlog this weekend, any advice on which of these are worth watching first?

Noein
Xamd
Canaan
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dream Eater Merry
Dai-Guard
Suzuka
Solty Rei
Black Blood Brothers

Lutga said:
Am aiming to clear off some of my backlog this weekend, any advice on which of these are worth watching first?

Noein
Xamd
Canaan
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dream Eater Merry
Dai-Guard
Suzuka
Solty Rei
Black Blood Brothers

My favourites out of that list are Noein (which I absolutely adore as it's different), and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Suzuka's good if you're in a Soap Opera romance mood. Xam'd has visual quality in abundance, but lacks for a decent conclusion. Canaan, Dream Eater Merry, and Black Blood Brothers are wistful, could-have-beens, shows that have promise, but don't quite hit. Solty Rei is a dependable Gonzo sci-fi show, like most of the other dependable Gonzo sci-fi shows. Dai-Guard is nice, alternate take on the giant robot genre, a humourous world where the bureaucrats get the keys to the Evangelion. Can't fight an alien menace without filling in the required forms, in triplicate first.

Lutga said:

Noein
Xamd
Canaan
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dream Eater Merry
Dai-Guard
Suzuka
Solty Rei
Black Blood Brothers

I'd go dusk maiden then noein. The rest ive either not watched or did not rate as highly.

Lutga said:

Noein
Xamd
Canaan
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dream Eater Merry
Dai-Guard
Suzuka
Solty Rei
Black Blood Brothers

I've only seen Noein, Xam'd & Dream Eater Merry. Dream Eater Merry is one of those shows where it's left open for another series that'll never be made but Noein and Xam'd tell complete stories so I'd recommend either of those to watch first.

Lutga said:

Noein
Xamd
Canaan
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dream Eater Merry
Dai-Guard
Suzuka
Solty Rei
Black Blood Brothers

Noein is great, Black Blood Brothers was fun if nothing special. Haven't seen the rest, have Canaan, Solty Rei and Xamd to watch myself.

Dannielle said:
Stiivun said:
Thanks for the explanation.

@ayase, the one i have a chance of getting is the First edition but with all volumes, so the artbox which came with volume 1 and then the 3 other volumes also. So a complete set.

I guess for 25€ (approx. 18,15£) i shouldn't doubt too long getting this :)

Ohh, I have that one. It's really nice to look at, you'll love it :3

Thanks Dannielle. Waited no longer can came to a deal with the seller, already paid and should arrive at the beginning of next week.

If I Preorder an item through all the anime shop paying through paypal when will i be charged? Straight away or when the item ships

Sora Takeuchi said:
If I Preorder an item through all the anime shop paying through paypal when will i be charged? Straight away or when the item ships

I have a similar question only concerning Madman Australia.

Sora Takeuchi said:

Charged right away.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Sora Takeuchi said:

Recently ordered the k-on blu ray volumes and they charged me straight away via paypal.

@dannielle Thanks.

Sora Takeuchi said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Sora Takeuchi said:

Recently ordered the k-on blu ray volumes and they charged me straight away via paypal.

@dannielle Thanks.

Right, thanks.

Also interested on how much you normally get charged in Customs from there.

I've seen a few people on here post their Anime collections and everyone who has FMA Brotherhood in their collection seems to have a cardboard sleeve. I know for a fact that it has never seen a full collection release, so where do people get the holder? Does it come with Part 2? I only have part 1 right now, but I'll be ordering Part 2 sometime in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have a box like that to put them in.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've seen a few people on here post their Anime collections and everyone who has FMA Brotherhood in their collection seems to have a cardboard sleeve. I know for a fact that it has never seen a full collection release, so where do people get the holder? Does it come with Part 2? I only have part 1 right now, but I'll be ordering Part 2 sometime in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have a box like that to put them in.

I assume you're referring to the Manga UK Blu-ray release with FMA Collection 1? Yeah the first print came with a slipcover to hold both parts and that version is no longer available.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I assume you're referring to the Manga UK Blu-ray release with FMA Collection 1? Yeah the first print came with a slipcover to hold both parts and that version is no longer available.

Too bad. Oh well.

Looking to get through some of my DVD backlog so which ones of these would you guys recommend?

Boogiepop Phantom
Canaan
Heaven's Memo Pad
Hellsing
Moribito
Mysterious Girlfriend
Night Raid
Outlaw Star
Paranoia Agent
Penguindrum
Speed Grapher
Witchblade
Wolfs Rain

Out of those listed i'd recommend starting with these as they are all great.

Moribito - excellent series. Great action and a good plot
Outlaw Star - great fun. Scifi/action series
Paranoia Agent - Satoshi Kon series. Good thriller with a couple of twists

DragonBlaze67 said:
Looking to get through some of my DVD backlog so which ones of these would you guys recommend?
Witchblade, speed grapher, boogiepop, hellsing, outlaw star, penguindrum,paranoia agent. Probably would recommend them in that order.

Back