The ultimate question of 90's gaming! Megadrive or SNES?

Which do you like better?

• Megadrive (Genesis in America)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MKT said:
LukasROAR said:
After the success of the Mega Drive i chose the Saturn...did i learn my lesson? no i went and bought a Dreamcast after that. Great consoles but made me have to buy new ones when Sega ditched them.

I did that too, I'm a Sega fanboy I shouldn't be ... but I can't help it. I keep getting my DreamCast and Saturn out, (Saturn broke .... :()

Going to start Grandia 2 again soon .... Once I finish Mass Effect

I still have both connected as well as the Mega Drive. My fave Dreamcast game was Jet Set Radio, i loved it. I lent it to a friend who eventually sold his dreamcast and my Jet Set with it. Bough a real copy last year for a fiver off of ebay so i can finally finish it lol.
My friend is a huge Grandia fan. He bought the game off ebay so he could bring it round to mine and finish it lol as he sold his DC years ago.

Can't say i was a major fan of the Saturn but i did love Dark Saviour and Sega Worldwide Soccer and especially Virtua Cop 2 (with gun) :) , i never had many decent games for it apart from those though.

So many old games, spent the weekend playing Duke Nukem and even Streets of Rage Co-op with mates I forgot how fun those games could be, so glad I took my megadrive now :D

Megadrive. Because it's what I had :p But there were some damned fine gaming to be had on either console, so it was always good to befriend someone with the one you didn't have! I wouldn't want to choose between a before dinner zip through Sonic 2 or an escape from my Mum and Auntie on my cousins' copy of Super Mario World... or between the zaniness of Dynamite Headdy and two player cooperative sessions on Donkey Kong Country 2.

For the record, the best game on either system was, IMO, Yoshi's Island. But I played that on the GBA a decade later, so it doesn't count :p

I had the SNES, but my brother and sister had teh Megadrive. Im still not sure which one to vote for. SNES was great, but Megadrive had Golden Axe AND Sonic....

Spyro201 said:
I had the SNES, but my brother and sister had teh Megadrive. Im still not sure which one to vote for. SNES was great, but Megadrive had Golden Axe AND Sonic....

I know what you mean - they both have their good games! I thought it would be more 50/50 but the megadrive seems to be winning so far!

woah!! What the hell is going on in here; genesis beating the almighty SNES; I think I'm with comic book guy in bizzarro world right here guys!!!

Nah; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I admit that if I had a megadrive instead of a snes when I was younger, i'd probably be voting Sega right here. However, I didn't(i got a megadrive bout 2 years back lol), and history makes me chose Nintendo.

Here is a brief run through of why:

Zelda: A Link to the Past
Illusion of Time
Terranigma
Super Metroid
Chrono trigger
Super Mario World
Super Mario Allstars
Harvest Moon
Mortal Kombat II
Donkey Kong Country series
ISS

Sure; sega had the sport genre in the bag, but ISS was the best football game back then, and I was never a fan of american sports anyway.

I will admit that the Dreamcast is probably joint first with the SNES in my eyes (shenmue, Skies, PSO, JSR, MSR...), so there's one point for sega anyway!!

Back